Author Topic: I need your input guys.  (Read 1335 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 08:43:48 PM »
Reschke I have posted this so many time its not funny!

Have a TOD for two weeks. Start early war and progress to late war. Stretch five years into two weeks. Thats about two days per year. Lets take the ETO. Start out early war where the LW have taken a few bases in France, etc. Every two days the CT Staff will capture bases to represent the German's advancements untill all thats left is England. This gives the LW a chance to go on thire capturing spree. They can capture XX number of bases untill the Staff advance the map. Then the tide turns and the allies start retaking the land lost to the Germans. This gives everone a chance to fly the better planes and capture fields. This also gives two thursday TFT nights to fly historic type missions both sides having the worse and better planes. All planes will be used for that theater, lots a fileds to capture, and even some GV assaults.

Do the same with the PTO. IJN attacks pearl, then CV battles, Then island hopping, then to the N1K2J vs F6F/F4U over Okinawa!

I'm tellen you guys, with these setups and the help of "participating" CT Staff and "monitors", this can be a great arena!

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 09:07:54 PM »
Like idea with "RPS" in any form :aok

Originally posted by Reschke
Squire the attitude I was referring to was the current MA attitude that makes the CT arena into a mini MA with the pork and auger types running over bases in the middle of the night just to acrue perk points.

CT perks system almost same as in MA now. Its one of reasons for gathering perks i believe.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 09:21:18 PM »
Each setup can be unique, it wouldn't *have* to be something where several years past...it could be months, or even weeks. Eg a BoB setup would just be 1940. Keep it flexible, dont insist it can only be done one way.

...btw most CT setups dont even have perk rides.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
I need your input guys.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 09:21:30 PM »
All I have to say is something new in the CT is something good.  

This kind of creative thinking is what I want in the CT.  

As long as we all know it is limited in duration, I am all for it.  

GO  with your bad self and do it.

Offline talliven

• Zinc Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004, 09:24:34 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
the icon range is the worst thing about the CT
I can see well anyway and dots are harder to see in Ah2 than ah1
but planes are easy to see in real life.

Trust me, planes arn't all that easy to see in real life.  It is quite common to have ATC tell us there is an aircraft 12oclock 5 miles opposite direction 1000 feet below, and neither me nor captain ever see it.  And these are 737's and such, much bigger and not painted to blend in like most fighters.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2004, 09:41:50 PM »
Something else, you better get used to the idea that there is a large # of players that will insist on the P-51D and the 109G-10 in every setup or they won't come. No ammount of work will get them here either, the MA is where they will stay. Beleive it, and move on.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2004, 10:14:12 PM »
Something else, you better get used to the idea that there is a large # of players that will insist on the P-51D and the 109G-10 in every setup or they won't come. No ammount of work will get them here either, the MA is where they will stay. Beleive it, and move on.

Then let them stay in the MA. We do need people but if they can't fly anything other than those planes they would probablly not stay very long in the CT anyway once the ACE'S of the CT shot there butts down. I'm not saying that they can't fly any other plane i'm just stating that i have seen guys from the MA come into the CT get blown away and leave grumbling that if they had had there runstang or G-10 or lala that SOB would be dead. I know this is going to sound harsh but if they don't like the plane set then fine "Go back to the MA where they can fly whatever they want" because we know only real MEN & WOMAN fly the CT.

Ok so i got a little out of hand and hijacked this thread a bit sorry.

I love all the idea's that are being proposed and look forward to there implemetation.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Re: I need your input guys.
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2004, 10:48:12 PM »
Originally posted by detch01 The two ideas you've presented here are diametrically opposed to each other. They are presented as "pick one or the long term consequences are dire". This is incorrect and misleading sir. Leaving the CT as it is most likely means it's population will remain about where it is now and the level of civility in the arena will vary according to the popularity/difficulty of the setup as it has in the past. Even my crystal ball isn't clear enough to forecast the death of the CT in the near future.  [/B]

Thanks for the opinion Detch as I said in the closing of my opening post these are extremely rough and basic ideas that are meant to get an understanding of what you all want a taste of. They represent the two sides of arguments that I have seen since my involvement as a CT player and a member of the staff. These are not to lead anyone in a specific way but to be stimulating to you guys so we can get ideas. I made an error and didn't finish a thought sitting at work posting this and corrected it in my response to Squire's first response here.

To address an issue posted here someone mentions that a large number of players will "insist" on planes like the 109G-10 and P-51D in every setup...well we already get that from my friends in the "Corsair Mafia" (of which I am a proud member) and we get guys who beg for certain setups no matter what we may have on the table. That is something we already put up with and even if we catered to those players I believe they would leave within a few weeks simply because of the way this arena is.

For me this post is strictly a fact finding mission that I hope will result in fair and good changes for the hopeful long life of the CT. Honestly guys I feel that the CT consistently runs the razor's edge of extinction and its not from lack of enthusiasm its from self destruction. As a staffer for the CT its my job (no pay volunteer I might add) to find out what we can do to make it better for all of us. Maybe this coming week will be the tour of duty extension for those of us in the South Pacific or maybe we transfer you all to a different Operational Theater...I will have more of an idea tomorrow evening.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 12:04:10 AM »
I was very surprized to see how many folks in Hawks poll said they didnt fly the CT because of the Icon range. I can understand folks wanting their favorite ride, but the whines about the short Icon ranges caught me off guard. The thought that you could positively ID a plane at 6000 yards EVERY TIME  is preposterous. Short Icon ranges is one of the things that MAKES the CT what it is. Is 3000 yards, two miles away, not enough? Holy cow.

Maybe give more dot dar coverage, but I say we should keep the short Icon ranges.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2004, 12:39:15 AM »
Originally posted by Squire
...btw most CT setups dont even have perk rides.

Yes, but you can use collected perks in next setups
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2004, 12:44:12 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
I was very surprized to see how many folks in Hawks poll said they didnt fly the CT because of the Icon range. I can understand folks wanting their favorite ride, but the whines about the short Icon ranges caught me off guard. The thought that you could positively ID a plane at 6000 yards EVERY TIME  is preposterous. Short Icon ranges is one of the things that MAKES the CT what it is. Is 3000 yards, two miles away, not enough? Holy cow.

Maybe give more dot dar coverage, but I say we should keep the short Icon ranges.

well...  considering the lag effect, short icon range can get pretty iffy, especially in conjunction with the already new icon system.

having said that, it really doesn't matter to me... but it seems to others, as well as radar...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 12:46:53 AM »
what would you rather want to keep short icons or people?

i like anything with a rolling planeset thing going   loved it with my short stay at warbirds
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 01:01:10 AM »
I was very surprized to see how many folks in Hawks poll said they didnt fly the CT because of the Icon range. I can understand folks wanting their favorite ride, but the whines about the short Icon ranges caught me off guard.

I dont quite get it either but, Im willing to see what happens.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 01:09:06 AM »
I guess it doesnt really make that much difference, I'll fly no matter what the Icon range is set at. If the longer range icons gets me more targets, then thats OK . :)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
I need your input guys.
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 01:35:54 AM »
i can see why icons is a problem.  i ran a 1024x756 setup on the last ETO we had.  i had a royal pain in the bellybutton finding cons.  i didn't see most til i saw red.  even on the sea.  most these guys and you guys i bet are running at high screen res.  impossible to see dots at more than 3k.  you could litterally fly over one and not he was there.
II/JG3 DGS II