Author Topic: Ruh Roh WW2OL Server hacked!  (Read 1097 times)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Ruh Roh WW2OL Server hacked!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 11:21:06 AM »
Nah, that looks like someone hacked into the server...
-SW

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 11:49:10 AM »
Originally posted by banana
Edbert,  what makes you think that they aren't having fun? I ran into a guy last night on WW2OL who just closed his AH account, and he's having a ball in WW2OL. FWIW, I logged on and played WW2OL for 3 hrs last night, and didn't have any problems. I had a hell of a good time.

Really, this whole pissing contest between  AH and WW2OL fan bois is pretty pointless. Both are good games and have their moments where they are the best thing out there for MMP fun.  

Reap it? I guess I did reap it last night. I reaped about three hours of quality gaming.

Where did I say they weren't having fun? If you are having fun playing WW2OL then good for you.  if they are having fun playing WW2OL then good for them. I am having fun playing AH2.  

I still find it humorous that people leave AH due to it being "buggy" and head to a game that by all accounts has just as many bugs (not even going to TRY and say more bugs so calm down), AND is being played on a hacked serever. Surely you see the humor in that. Or are you perhaps calling the kettle a fan bois?

I wish I had three hours on a weeknight to reap the fun like you can. I am averaging less than 25 minutes a day so far this tour.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 12:14:21 PM »
FWIW I left AH cause it had grown stagnant and, to be fair, I changed. I changed in that I cannot stand a MA environment anymore.
 One of the alternatives, the CT, had become mini-MA and when I add in that special events have been weekend events now for years I lost interest and any reason to stay subscribed. The lack of news and community updating by HTC on AH-II was the last straw so I stoppped playing.   I am however waiting to check out the TOD and that is the only reason why I still read and post here.  

On the other hand I am having a lot of fun with banana & crew. However you won't find a champion of WWIIO in me as I do not like CRS much at ll and there are still many serious issues with the game. First and fore most the incredibly horrible network code.  
 But I can tolerate that these days because the alternative was the kindergarten/sewer like atmosphere of the MA but not to forget the dive bombing Lancs, pork&auger dweebs and the incessant "horde warrior chasing the perk/reset via massive gangbang" gameplay in AH.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 12:24:02 PM by Westy »

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 12:15:56 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL

I wish I had three hours on a weeknight to reap the fun like you can. I am averaging less than 25 minutes a day so far this tour.

Well, my son just started kindergarten, so the only reason I got three hours in last night, was because his bedtime is 8:00 now.  I'm starting to get *some* of my old gaming life back as my son gets older. :)

Last night was unusual for me, I normally don't get that much time during the week.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 12:18:46 PM »
I blame Combat Trim and Auto-Takeoff for the influx of easy moders in AH... don't play anymore because I like joining a server and being able to know I'm going to play on a server thats fun for me. Which is why I play FB now.
-SW

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 01:24:52 PM »
Ring me up in FB 63FS_Frenchy:D
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
<<--currently Axis in WW2

having a good time time too, change of pace fron AH

banana, Westy....what side you guys play on?

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2004, 03:09:20 PM »
Originally posted by mora
I guess the server also burped all those messages, right??

Those kind of messages would fit well for a certain rat...

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 03:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
<<--currently Axis in WW2

having a good time time too, change of pace fron AH

banana, Westy....what side you guys play on?

Westy and I play on the Allied side most of the time, although our squad does rotate to German once in a while.

Look us up sometime, SLO. Although, hopefully not in your gunsight!

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2004, 04:32:01 PM »
lol!  That looks hilarious.  I can only imagine being in a matty and seeing a matty with no icon ..

I too enjoy both games .. ww2online for the ground war.  I hate the flying in ww2online.  AH is way better for flying.

Both games have their share of tards.  The ones here are a wee bit .. err ALOT louder than over there.  Killing channel 1 in the MA sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »
Hey Frenchy.  I just may take you up on that sometime soon.  I have a copy of IL2:FB on it's way to me.   Is that an add-on to IL2 or a stand-alone install?  I'm dying to see how it runs on my box.

!

Westy

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 08:31:36 PM »
BTW I totally agree with Westy, AH is a far superior platform/programmiing effort... it just lacks the right "arena". I've been patiently awaiting the AH2:TOD thing but... uhhh... I'm getting tired of waiting.

You could kind of say WW2OL survives despite CRS's efforts ;)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2004, 08:36:50 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
Hey Frenchy.  I just may take you up on that sometime soon.  I have a copy of IL2:FB on it's way to me.   Is that an add-on to IL2 or a stand-alone install?  I'm dying to see how it runs on my box.

FB is an add on, but you are probably gonna want the newer add on, AEP. Then of course a patch or two, 2.05 is the newest version...I think.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2004, 08:44:26 PM »
:o

I just cancelled my WW2OL account and I'm sticking with AH2. I think it's the superior MMPOG in performance,bug squashing,action ect.

After 3 months the WW20l game just became boring.

I suggest it for anyone with patiences ,enjoys ambushing and defense. The bad out weights the good at this time. The 32 player restriction being the worst. If I was going to fly with restrictions IL2 is the obvious choice comparing flight models & game engine performance. There is so much potential if they just did it right.

I'll check it out during the next terrain. If the game is still around.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 08:48:00 PM by SunKing »