Author Topic: "Kill " Credit  (Read 415 times)

Offline debuman

• Copper Member
"Kill " Credit
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:03:55 AM »
I have a question.  Does the game keep track of the number of bullets that a player hits each enemy a/c with, and the one with the most hits gets the "kill"?  In other words, is it the number of bullet strikes as oppose to acutal damage inflicted?  I'm wondering because there've been a couple of times where I've shot the wing off a plane (ie, made it totally unflyable) and then got an "assist."
Just one of those things I've been wondering about...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Kill " Credit
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 09:13:36 AM »
Originally posted by debuman
I have a question.  Does the game keep track of the number of bullets that a player hits each enemy a/c with, and the one with the most hits gets the "kill"?  In other words, is it the number of bullet strikes as oppose to acutal damage inflicted?  I'm wondering because there've been a couple of times where I've shot the wing off a plane (ie, made it totally unflyable) and then got an "assist."
Just one of those things I've been wondering about...

I've seen/had this happen alot too
There have been times when I got the kill on someone that I thought somene else deserved the credit for.
When that happens I will often mention that to the pilot I thought deserved the credit "you should have gotten the kill on that one"
And other times when I've done the same thing as you and have only gotten assists.

BTW personally I think some sort of reward should be given for assists as well as kills
but thats my feeling.
Myself personally I dont care who gets the kill so long as the enemy plane gets killed.
But I can understand how some folks get frustrated over it
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:51:41 PM »
It maybe that you shot the wing off the plane but your countrymen hit the pilot.  I've been in situation were I had a pilot wound but was able to break away just to have someone else finish me off, but the guy who hit my pilot is the one who got the kill.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 01:03:04 PM »
Thats funny,  I was just going to post the same question, lol.  I fly the yak with big elefant gun a lot.  3 times in the past 2 days I ended up getting an assist after putting one or two 37mm on the bad guy.  I don't get it.

For example, last night I ended up chasing a 109.  After he got tired of running or low on fuel, he turned around and we ended up fighting on the deck for atlist 5 minutes.  Finaly, I put a 37mm in his cokpit and he exploded.  I got an assist.  I would think a plane that can fight for 5 minutes on the deck, does not have mach damage on it, or I really suck.

On the other hand, I have gotten kills on lancs after spraing them with 303s and not even smoking them.  Then some country man blows them out of the sky, and I get the kills.

HT, any ideas?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 02:21:57 PM »
It who does the most damage, but damage is not always seen visualy.

As an example lets say 1 50cal = 3 303. If all shots landed at point blank, and if first someone landed 4 303 on the outer wing, and it didn't come off, then some one landed 1 50 cal on the same wing and it came off, the 4 303's would get the kill.

Just because you saw a piece come off, does not meen you did the most damage to the plane.

Also you do get points for assists.

HiTech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 03:17:54 PM »
Thank you
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline debuman

• Copper Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 04:14:37 PM »
HT, thanks for clearing that up fpr me!

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 03:52:59 AM »
Originally posted by hitech

[...]
Also you do get points for assists.

HiTech

Yes. But only if you have at least 1 kill in the sortie.
What bothers me more is the fact that you don't get any feedback from softening a ground target. It's not only the points I miss but also some way to have a feedback of accuracy attacking ground targets. Only way to have some feedback is to look at the ground. Did my bomb hit the hangar? No bomb crater near hangar? Well. Maybe I hit the hangar, maybe I just can't see bomb craters because the randomly showing/disappearing graphics fool me.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 09:42:51 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
It who does the most damage, but damage is not always seen visualy.

As an example lets say 1 50cal = 3 303. If all shots landed at point blank, and if first someone landed 4 303 on the outer wing, and it didn't come off, then some one landed 1 50 cal on the same wing and it came off, the 4 303's would get the kill.

Well, I've said it before and will again...this doesn't make sense to me.  I "do the most damage to a plane", he continues to fly and shoot people down, someone else comes along and blows the wing off the guy, therefore bringing him down and ending his killing spree, but I get the kill?  This is reasonable?

Still say the one reasonable kill scoring is for something that causes a catastrophic loss of flight control (tail blown off, wing completely shot off, etc), unless we are talking about someone that get's shot up and then crashes...then, total damage scored would make sense.  Oh well, I guess reason has no place in a virutal world :D
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 10:11:52 AM »
Originally posted by Blammo
Well, I've said it before and will again...this doesn't make sense to me.  I "do the most damage to a plane", he continues to fly and shoot people down, someone else comes along and blows the wing off the guy, therefore bringing him down and ending his killing spree, but I get the kill?  This is reasonable?

Still say the one reasonable kill scoring is for something that causes a catastrophic loss of flight control (tail blown off, wing completely shot off, etc), unless we are talking about someone that get's shot up and then crashes...then, total damage scored would make sense.  Oh well, I guess reason has no place in a virutal world :D

This sword cuts both ways Blammo.

You cite one case where it supports your arguement.

Here is one ...

I am in my Spit V and all I am left with is my 303s. Now, one must get up real close and personal to take out a plane with just 303s. So, I reverse a guy and am stuck to him like glue, pouring 303s into him and try to put them in a concentrated spot (learned that from Levi). Out of nowhere, Blammo comes flying in in his N1K (just an example) and pops the same guy with just 1 20mm and the wing flys off.

If you get the kill, I am gonna be real pissed.

1st - because I didn't need your help, everything was under control and I just needed a little more time to get him.

2nd - I just worked my butt off to reverse the guy and lay concentrated hits with 303s.

Thats is why, I believe, that the current evaluation system is just fine ... HT cannot evaluate the circumstances of the fight/battle, he can only see who is doing actual damage.

P.S. ... I do agree with your logic for the situation that you describe, but HT can't see it ... its not part of the "real" data that he can evaluate ... if you know what I mean.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
"Kill " Credit
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 11:02:44 AM »
SlapShot,
Understood.  Thanks for the intelligent reply.  You know me, this is just one of my hang ups.  One day I will learn to let stuff go.

Cheers!
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!