Author Topic: The new ram model  (Read 633 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
The new ram model
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:41:27 AM »
Think something might be a little off on it, seems like it went a little far in the other direction.  I bounced some AFK hurricane, shot him, (didn't kill him), flew past his plane by what appeared to be a very safe margin, and lost my wingtip on that side.

I must have left at least 50 yards clearance between me and him though.  Have to get a couple folks in the DA filming it I guess.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The new ram model
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 12:45:14 AM »
I collided more tonight than I ever have before.  I think I lost three or four aircraft to collisions.  I'll have to be a lot more careful.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
The new ram model
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:47:42 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I collided more tonight than I ever have before.  I think I lost three or four aircraft to collisions.  I'll have to be a lot more careful.

Guess I've not had the chance to flyu under the new RAM Model.
What is this ?

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
The new ram model
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 12:54:17 AM »
Had the same happen to me.  Smacked into a 110 when I thought I was clear to his right.  Didn't film it though to check.  Squaddies had similar issues tonight.  Many collisions.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
The new ram model
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 12:55:49 AM »
The collision model does seem to be a lot more "sensitive" or whatever the right word for it is.  If it is changed closer to what it was before, great.  If it stays the same I will adapt.  It is a bit frustrating right now though.  Oh well.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
The new ram model
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 01:15:34 AM »
I agree something's up. Hit a gv 3 times straffing it, , collision distances seem further.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
The new ram model
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 01:17:10 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
The collision model does seem to be a lot more "sensitive" or whatever the right word for it is.  If it is changed closer to what it was before, great.  If it stays the same I will adapt.  It is a bit frustrating right now though.  Oh well.

Certainly what we need to do... make the gunnery model harder which begets close in tight to hit... so we make the collision model more sensitive to discourage closing in tight so the gunnery model can make kills more difficult ...encouraging firing at a closer range ... which means more collisions which means....:rolleyes:

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
The new ram model
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 01:18:52 AM »
Originally posted by 4510
Certainly what we need to do... make the gunnery model harder which begets close in tight to hit... so we make the collision model more sensitive to discourage closing in tight so the gunnery model can make kills more difficult ...encouraging firing at a closer range ... which means more collisions which means....:rolleyes:

LOL !!!

What scares me is that I understood this on the first reading...

... definitely time to log.

:rofl

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
The new ram model
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 03:32:55 PM »
punt

Tango, XO
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
The new ram model
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 04:32:20 PM »
Got snapshots from a single film loop.  Looks like there is a problem to me.  Thread posted in the bug forum.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127142&referrerid=3699

Tango, XO

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
The new ram model
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 04:40:14 PM »
I'm definately thinking somethings wrong with it.  Its almost like get within 50 yards of a guy and .. oops... you just rammed him.

Offline ZZ3

• Zinc Member
The new ram model
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 04:49:54 PM »
Tango im looking at it, and obviously something is wrong, as I have stated in the MA. Ofcourse all they do is ridicule you if you have a different opinion of anything.
Now my question with regard to the picture is this. Does this collision model use a hit BUBBLE, or a hit SHELL? To me, it looks like a hit bubble that is too large. IE protruding from the planes outter edge. Is this possible???
HT did you make a mistake? Please fix it if there is one.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
The new ram model
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 04:58:30 PM »
Tango, that looks anywhere from 4 to 5 feet between wingtips.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The new ram model
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 05:04:29 PM »
It is definately detecting collisions that aren't collisions.  I was testing offline and was breaking the engine when I was still clearly behind the enemy.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fauxbra

• Zinc Member
The new ram model
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 09:32:23 PM »
Seems like it is easier to ram a plane than it is to hit it with Bullets....that cant be right.