Author Topic: Another new Idea By JB73 LOL  (Read 784 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Another new Idea By JB73 LOL
« on: August 14, 2004, 01:28:46 AM »
Sorry for the 3 posts, but I believed it was best to separate them…

This is a brainstorm I had tonight. Many people have asked for “repairs” to be done on the reload pad. Though I like the idea of repairing that fuel leak or whatever, I understand the reason behind not implementing it.

But…

What if there was a hangar that could do repairs in say 5 minutes game time, AND was destroyable?

Take one of the “un-destroyable” objects on an airfield, and make it a “repair” hangar. Say about the size of a fighter hangar. You drive your plane into it, and repairs are done. Set time limits on different repairs.

SYSTEM: Radiator repair will be completed in 4 minutes
SYSTEM: Elevator repair will be completed in 1 minute

So on.

I think the REAL trick is, make this object destructible. Just like a fighter hangar, it can be killed. Heck even make it tied into the strats of a base, so it stays down for 45 minutes minimum.

I think you all get the idea

<<>> and Thank you for your time!
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 02:53:33 AM »
<> JB73  

When I was Flying in a Squad during the Combat Flight Sim era CFS2 Pacific came out , and you could land on the RR , limp to the Nearest Hanger and shut off eng, and in a few min you were repaired and off you went to fight again , was a great thing but CFS2 went to crapola when the slew mode and auto follow cheats came out along with other cheats , but getting repaired on by the hanger was very nice.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 03:10:53 AM »
don't get your hopes up but someone at HTC (HT i think) in blue said they wouldn't be doing hotpad repairs or loadout changes.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 03:25:05 AM »
It'd be lovely to maybe pay perks to get your plane repared.. Or something of the sort.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 10:43:06 AM »
Just having a hot pad for planes and gv'z at the VH'z would be cool.  even  :) yup.. yup...

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 02:46:11 PM »
I'm all for this idea. :D
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline MnkyMeat

• Zinc Member
..... hmmmm
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »
Where is the Med Tent gonna be?
Can I get a quick left leg amputation while my radiator is being patched?  Hope there will be Hot Nurses :aok
Yah cool,,, im for this idea,,,  But how am i gonna decide when to retire my plane, , , hmm maybe after 5 hours with 40 kills.......  sweet!

Maybe my engine can get rehauled in 5 min, , , These mechanics are good  ,,,, how can we aford them at 14$ a month  :D

I think this is a cool Idea  ,, but it just won't fly,  things will get rediculouse, , ,   Fester in 262 with 200 kills  ,,, 12 hour mission.

anyways,,, maybe  limited repairs only  should this go through.
Like minor hull repair   flaps, guns, controls etc,,,, and maybe patch up holes so plane is fresh if no damaged items.

thats my 3 cents

MonkeyMeat

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 05:27:29 PM »
would be a great one, same as loadout changes but i doubt it will happen :(
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 12:43:43 AM »
so if a mission takes place they knock down all the FHs and all the people then not only Rearm but then Repair and kept the Hord moving
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 06:17:30 AM »
Great idea!

Would sometimes love to repair the planes.

Also this would make it more feasable to disable certain planes at the frontline or restrict planes more heavyly per base.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 10:56:46 AM »
Planes should just have to fly near a supply crate and PRESTO the plane is all fixed, just like the gv's get to do.

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 09:00:56 AM »
Yeah last night I managed to pull an undamaged P-47 onto the re-load pad by maneuvering between blackouts, but there were no docs around to fix the bullet hole in my head & clean the windshield :)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 10:49:07 AM »
The multi-kill mission fetish is bad enough as it is.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 12:14:05 PM »
I'd love the option to land my damaged aircraft, taxi over to a hangar and sit and wait a couple minutes while 'repairs' were being done to my plane.   I know its a little unrealistic, but so is rearming and refueling in 30 seconds flat.

This is what I envision, and its partly from EAW and partly from my garage "recording studio", so the quality is low, but I think it conveys the idea.

AH Repair Hangar

I don't have a multi-kill sortie fetish, but I do enjoy the added tension of having to manuever the plane around on the ground without hitting anything.   Plus, the suspense that comes from knowing you could be strafed or bombed at any time makes the game more exciting for me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:21:14 PM by oboe »