Author Topic: Question for Christians re: the news  (Read 2510 times)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 11:22:20 AM »
oh and before you perry mason me id say im an atheist.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 11:25:13 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Actually, I'm not trolling at all.  I'm really curious if the religious types in this community agree with the actions of a small group of christians or not.

I know that their actions are NOT typical of the larger group, but I also know that any group of extremists often represents the will of many of the others, even if the larger group is unwilling to actually take the action.

Regularilly I read on this group messages where people blame the entire Muslim faith for the actions of their extremists, so your unwillingness (as a group) to apply the same standard to Christians seems puzzling.

Out of the seven people who have responded so far, Gunslinger is the ONLY person to say that he condemns their actions.  I think that's an interesting ratio.

funny you should say this. i dont see you getting on the case of muslim leaders in us for not condemning the brutal acts of the extremists worldwide even though theyve had plenty of opportunity to do so. i guess this just shows your bias.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2004, 11:28:24 AM »
" and upon entering Heaven I was brought to an edge of bushes by 2  Angels... They parted the first set of bushes and behold hundreds upon millions were there. Eating, singing and having a great time..and I asked "Who are they?"  The 1st Angel said "These are the Protestants, Methodist and Baptist."
 The 2nd Angel parted another set of bushes and again there were hundreds upon millions there. Eating, singing and having a great time. Again I asked "Who are they?" and the 2nd Angel replied "These are the Catholics, Lutherans and Pentecost."
 Then both Angels parted the last bush and behold there were hundreds upon millions there argueing, bickering, fighting about what was right and what was wrong with Heaven. And as I was about to ask both Angels they looked upon me sternly and said....

"Shhhhh... These are the Democrats. They think they are the only ones here."

:rofl
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 11:38:16 AM by AWMac »

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2004, 11:35:49 AM »
http://www.thestate.com/mld/state/news/opinion/9378079.htm

After Wiccan woman wins case to not be discriminated against in town meetings, her cat is gutted and killed, her house vandalized, and snubbed her from the community... all in the name of Jesus.

Do the religious types here find this acceptable?  Or do you condemn this?

also interesting is your assumption that christians were ones who kill cat and vandalize her car and home. i guess innocent until proven guilty only apply if you are muslim on terror watch list. for all we know vandals are stupid teenagers getting fired up over rumor. or could be the likes of chairboy doing something to discredit religous group thru dishonorable activity.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2004, 11:38:27 AM »
Originally posted by anonymous
funny you should say this. i dont see you getting on the case of muslim leaders in us for not condemning the brutal acts of the extremists worldwide even though theyve had plenty of opportunity to do so. i guess this just shows your bias.

Actually, I'm very critical of muslim leaders who fail to condemn the islamists.  Why do you think I'm not?  I've posted about that before.  Or did you just take a blind shot hoping it would stick?

I have no patience for hypocrasy from Christians, Muslims, Jewish, Hindu, etc.  All of these religions and more do terrible things.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2004, 11:42:15 AM »
also interesting is your assumption that christians were ones who kill cat and vandalize her car and home. i guess innocent until proven guilty only apply if you are muslim on terror watch list. for all we know vandals are stupid teenagers getting fired up over rumor. or could be the likes of chairboy doing something to discredit religous group thru dishonorable activity.

So...  you're saying that Atheist Extremists are waging a quiet war on all fronts against the peace loving Christians & Muslims?  C'mon, I've heard plenty of crazy conspiracy theories, now you're adding:

Because of the well known tolerance all christians have for everyone, it must be an atheist squad that has hurt this woman.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2004, 11:43:33 AM »
So yer an Atheist?

LOL Man are you gonna be in for a BIG surprise!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2004, 11:51:25 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
So yer an Atheist?

Of course, of course, I'm going to hell, etc etc etc.  
:rolleyes:
Take a quick break from your condescension to note that I'm not criticizing your religion or calling into question your beliefs, my beef is with people who cloak themselves in righteousness and use that to rationalize hatred or secretly cheer on others who do their 'dirty work'.

I'm glad I could give you the opportunity for that cheap shot, hope ya feel better.  I'll keep from criticizing your religious beliefs because I respect your right to have them, I'd like to get the same if possible.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2004, 11:58:13 AM »
So...  you're saying that Atheist Extremists are waging a quiet war on all fronts against the peace loving Christians & Muslims?  C'mon, I've heard plenty of crazy conspiracy theories, now you're adding:

Because of the well known tolerance all christians have for everyone, it must be an atheist squad that has hurt this woman.

so you know it was christians that did it just because you know and were supposed to believe you. alrighty then.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2004, 11:59:18 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
So yer an Atheist?

im an atheist. do i go to hell if im an atheist but did more to help my fellow man than a self proclaimed christian?

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2004, 12:01:01 PM »
well chairboy when we go to hell together well at least be able to ask the devil who killed the ladys cat and truck. a beer and a shot is the bet and my claim it was a bunch of dumb kids all under the age of sixteen. lay down you card fast i think weve only got a few decades before we find out the real truth. :)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2004, 12:01:39 PM »
Actually, I'm very critical of muslim leaders who fail to condemn the islamists.  Why do you think I'm not?  I've posted about that before.  Or did you just take a blind shot hoping it would stick?

I have no patience for hypocrasy from Christians, Muslims, Jewish, Hindu, etc.  All of these religions and more do terrible things.

didnt look to see if you posted it. my mistake.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2004, 12:10:47 PM »
im an atheist. do i go to hell if im an atheist but did more to help my fellow man than a self proclaimed christian?

Nope, you just keep hanging around.  Kinda like the Bhudhist until you reach Nirvana...."Enlightenment".

But hey who knows?

I always liked the Song "Imagine" by John Lennon.

Not knocking Atheist... do your thing.

Seen a few hit bad in Grenada and Panama and in tunnels...slowly dieing..calling out for Mom...then lastly God... funny huh?  11th Hour stuff.

But I regress, I am me and you are you. Happy Trails.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 12:29:53 PM »

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2004, 01:08:48 PM »
Funny graphic, Gunslinger, but I ain't trolling.

All I'm asking is if people approve or not of what was done to the woman in the article.  It doesn't seem like that difficult of a question to answer, but for some reason, nobody is.