Author Topic: Question for Christians re: the news  (Read 2813 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2004, 10:41:05 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy

I'm concerned about this because as a non-Christian, I'm afraid that I'll be a future victim of this type of retribution.

Nonsense. I'm not much of a christian and there aint no lynch mob after me. Calm down.

This woman got in trouble because she, an outsider,  tried to force her own way on a traditional close knit stubborn small town community, in other words a communty very unlikely to accept change.  The christianity and witch angle just made strory more secksie...

storch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2004, 11:39:35 PM »
There's really no need to be uncivil.

That was not a rhetorical question there pound cake and doing a dem like dainty skip won't help much.   sooooooo which is it?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2004, 03:30:14 AM »

I'm concerned about this because as a non-Christian, I'm afraid that I'll be a future victim of this type of retribution.

I respect your right to live as a Christian, and I don't try to convert you.  Your faith brings you comfort, just as mine brings it to me.  Can you consider a world where you don't have to actively try and convert others?  I can, and it's nice.

1: I seriously doubt Christians are out to get you.

2: Odd. Can you go for a month without looking for some example in the news to post here asking Christians in general why they're so evil?

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Question for Christians re: the news
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2004, 08:37:38 AM »
Nonsense. I'm not much of a christian and there aint no lynch mob after me. Calm down.
GRUNHERZ you heathen! Go to church!

:p
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2004, 08:41:31 AM »
Originally posted by daddog
GRUNHERZ you heathen! Go to church!

:p

Where is Fluffy? Fluffy!!!  Has anyone seen Fluffy?

Missing cat! REWARD!!  

Please help bring Fluffy back home.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2004, 10:02:07 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Now put yourself in our shoes.

As a christian surrounded by athiests telling me my faith is a farce and I am of weak mind for beleiving in the divinity, it gets me mad.
SNIP

If you are mad, you are doubting, if you are doubting, you've made a mistake but can't figure out what, which leaves the 2 possibilities:
you're wrong, or you're not sure what you know.
Either way, it's pretty foolproof, because you only believe what you believe, and if you don't there is always the safety net that is faith, which saves you from anything and everything:

Faith is believing even when you see proof of the contrary; there's an exact proverb or verse on this, I don't remember it word for word.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2004, 10:07:05 AM »
Originally posted by moot
If you are mad, you are doubting, if you are doubting, you've made a mistake but can't figure out what, which leaves the 2 possibilities:
Either way, it's pretty foolproof, because you only believe what you believe, and if you don't there is always the safety net that is faith, which saves you from anything and everything:

Faith is believing even when you see proof of the contrary; there's an exact proverb or verse on this, I don't remember it word for word.

I was referring more to the religious persicution that happens in this country today.

I get mad because my civil rights are infringed apon.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »
ok.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2004, 10:55:11 AM »
There are those that have written about spending time in the bible belt, and therefore have all knowledge of all things christian.
Crying when he thinks his Jewish mother in law was ambushed ,yet gave no details so we can make up our own mind.But of course, forgets just who are the largest supporters of Isreal today. Btw when was the last time your wife, was invited by the prime minister and other elected officals of Isreal to Isreal. A great many christian preachers I know you dont like, and whole towns like that town have, and have gone. Ya your right Isreal is stupid and no longer looks at christians as you do.

demaw1

Do you have anything of value to add to these discussions?

Charon

storch

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2004, 11:13:46 AM »
Originally posted by moot

Your faith must be mountainous then.  Proof to the contrary indeed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 11:36:25 AM by storch »

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2004, 11:18:32 AM »
WWJD [/QUOTE]

He'd throttle down to dammm near a stall, drop landing gear to further slow down, fake a left bank... nose up, gear up, throttle up, Immellmann and tattattattatta.... yer smoked!

:aok

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2004, 11:24:24 AM »

:rofl

Yeah Fluffy!!!

*In my best Tommy Chong impression..*

" I partied with that Cat man..."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2004, 11:56:53 AM »
when did the word "Christian" become a bad word to so many?

What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over. The Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

Winston Churchill
House of Commons, June18th 1940
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2004, 12:33:24 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
when did the word "Christian" become a bad word to so many?

It isn't.  More interesting question: when did the word "****" become a bad word to so many?

Originally posted by Eagler
What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over. The Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization.

Politicians talk a lot. ;)  Hitler: "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter."  Obviously, that does not mean Christians are evil--in fact it does not even mean Hitler is a Christian.  It means politicians talk a lot.  Hitler was evil because he was evil.  The Brits were good becuase they were good.