Author Topic: Not to be Bashing France....but...  (Read 855 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Not to be Bashing France....but...
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2004, 04:50:32 AM »
Originally posted by anonymous
they had no choice. if shes on the flight whos responsible for her in emergency? say the aircraft goes down over water and they actually get a chance to deploy rafts. if some flight attendant with twenty other things to do doesnt get her off aircraft in time can you say "relatives sue for millions"? same as why little kids cannot fly without guardian they need someone to be responsible for them and the aircrew cannot have the added responsibility. did she tell air france about her condition before showing up at gate?

Ohhhh going down over water?... Yeah I guess a DC~10 or 747 hitting the water at what speed???? Will be able to deploy rafts... Ohhh Paleez  open both of your eyes and your mind.  Hmmm how many rafts were deployed by ValueJet in the Florida Everglades?  And I don't believe they ever recovered a Torso from that one.   At least if she did make it out of the aircraft and into the water... I doubt if the sharks would mess with her...she wouldn't reseamble a seal or anything else in their food chain.. and who knows she can probably float forever.... as for the human bodily functions do you think that she is that dam stupid?  Ever hear of "depends" or colostomy bags?

How sheltered of a life do you live anonymous?

Ohhh and letting children fly alone happens all the time. Airlines have a policy for it and will have an attendant not a Guardian, watch over the child.. I know this first hand.

Research prevents stupidty anonymous...invest well into it. It may help you someday.

:lol

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2004, 10:42:25 AM »
Originally posted by XtrmeJ
Could'nt one of the stewards be the "able bodied" companion. It's not their job, but they are there to help.

No. Simply because every airplane has an FAA regulated "minimum required crew" number for the F/A's, and they all have specified jobs and duties during emergencies.

The airline could theorhetically add a crewmember to look after a totally disabled person but I'm sure they'd charge for it like every other business does. Beyond that, there's not always a "Reserve" available to add to the crew.

Mac,

Yes, they let children fly as "Unaccompanied Minors". However, the child must be "fully able" and above the age of 5. You are comparing apples to oranges here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2004, 01:35:57 PM »
Value Jet crash is not a reference as they didn't try to ditch the plane but they didn't realised that no one was flying, as all where trying to resolve the landing gear issue.

Florida Air, in DC, ditched in the frozen river, and some lived.

Flight attendants have many duties in the plane. It is not expected of them to be a nurse. They have 300 other passengers to attend. Heck AWmac, if you are a flight attendant, coping with passengers crap for 9 hours, I doubt that you would volonteer to baby feed this person, carry her to the rest room, wipe her butt. nor would you take the responsability.

Moreover, this person probably requires a full time nurse at home. It is really amazing that this person expected not to need one when she is away from home, where everything can happen.

If you fail to see the point, you should recomand her to use FedEx as an airline, they'll fly her.:o
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 01:38:00 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2004, 02:33:12 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Ohhhh going down over water?... Yeah I guess a DC~10 or 747 hitting the water at what speed???? Will be able to deploy rafts... Ohhh Paleez  open both of your eyes and your mind.

Thats like saying planes cant land without landing gears, let alone off the runway on a random potato field :D

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/160801/M/
Floats well don't you agree :D

Of course it didnt hit it at speed of ~140 knots, but if a plane can survive ditch with gears up, I don't expect anything less from ditching in water, unless the first touch to the water is a friggin huge wave.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 02:41:01 PM by Fishu »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2004, 03:01:57 PM »
Anyone remember the hijacked Air France landing on the sea in the carabean ilands? Not aprety landing, but the guy was still fighting the terrorist on touch down.
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2004, 04:51:57 PM »
Back in Fl. frenchy? What happened to SoCal? Seemed like a nice gig you had there.

kbman

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2004, 07:08:38 PM »
Still in L.A. for now. Tomorrow will be an another day.
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004, 01:33:14 AM »
Florida Air, in DC, ditched in the frozen river, and some lived.

not really frenchy..it crashed..it barley got off ground..they didnt have a choice where to "dicth"

..I listened to the Black box recordeings..very terrible indeed..ice built up on the trialing edges of the wings..

Somthn about scooting up behind another jet... water buildup melting snow reformed on back of wings....

or was tht also th eone where copilot says ..yes flaps check....but only realized tht the ligth was on saying flpas were down but not at the correct angle...

the tropical "dicthing' in the tropics was becuase of no gas i remeebr...ya terrorists....bad stuff..amazing camera footage

im sure glad Hanoi Kerry wants us to be in a "nicer" war
Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 01:45:58 AM »
The landing gear issue IIRC was a Eastern Airlines L1011.  

Value Jet was oxygen generators catching fire in the cargo hold.  It went into the Everglades in a near vertical trajectory.

The african 767 ditching at sea was in the Indian ocean, and they ran out of fuel as hijackers would not believe the crew.  Ditched off the Seychells maybe if memory serves.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2004, 03:15:58 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac

Research prevents stupidty anonymous...invest well into it. It may help you someday.

:lol

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2004, 09:02:06 AM »
AWMac

May wan't to do a bit more research on your own before opening your mouth again, considering you have no idea what you are talking about.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2004, 09:19:50 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
The african 767 ditching at sea was in the Indian ocean, and they ran out of fuel as hijackers would not believe the crew.  Ditched off the Seychells maybe if memory serves.

video of it..

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9611/26/comoros.crash/index1.html

about fifty survived

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2004, 12:11:47 AM »
Oh yeah, thx for reputing those accidents in correct order in my mind. I confused them with time.

Florida Air, lot  of warnings ignored.
Their EPR was too low, due to duct icing. They have been de-iced but too long ago. I recall the CVR too

- Larry, we I going down Larry.
- I know.

I still have the transcription of the CVRs of most of those crashes. The one that freacked me out most was the 737 with the rudder problem with the girl as FO.

"No no no!"
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------