Author Topic: al-Qaeda  (Read 470 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
al-Qaeda
« on: August 14, 2004, 04:07:39 PM »
prostoalex writes
"Alan Cullison covered the events in Afghanistan for Wall Street Journal in late 2001. On the day that Kabul fell Cullison was offered to buy a bunch of computers from a local al-Qaeda office. For $1100 Cullison purchased an IBM desktop and a Compaq laptop. Before giving the hard drives to CIA agents in Afghanistan, Cullison copied the contents and shares some of the electronic messages in September's Atlantic Monthly. Interesting insight on al-Qaeda's financial operations and their merger with Taliban movement. The letters include e-mail messages from Osama bin Laden himself."

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/200409/cullison

Fascinating read.

curly

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 04:40:03 PM »
"—Conduct a media campaign to fight the enemy's publicity. The campaign should focus on the following important points:

a) Attempt to cause a rift between the American people and their government, by demonstrating the following to the Americans:

—That the U.S. government will lead them into further losses of money and lives.

—That the government is sacrificing the people to serve the interests of the rich, particularly the Jews.

—That the government is leading them to the war front to protect Israel and its security.

—America should withdraw from the current battle between Muslims and Jews.

This plan aims to create pressure from the American people on their government to stop its campaign against Afghanistan, on the grounds that the campaign will cause major losses to the American people."

it sounds like some of the "anti war" protesters were following directions well when they were making their signs. :)

Offline IK0N

• Copper Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:15:35 PM »
"The Contractor"

We need to outbid this Contractor on all future estimates!

IKON

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 06:00:19 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
"—Conduct a media campaign to fight the enemy's publicity. The campaign should focus on the following important points:

a) Attempt to cause a rift between the American people and their government, by demonstrating the following to the Americans:

—That the U.S. government will lead them into further losses of money and lives.

—That the government is sacrificing the people to serve the interests of the rich, particularly the Jews.

—That the government is leading them to the war front to protect Israel and its security.

—America should withdraw from the current battle between Muslims and Jews.

This plan aims to create pressure from the American people on their government to stop its campaign against Afghanistan, on the grounds that the campaign will cause major losses to the American people."

it sounds like some of the "anti war" protesters were following directions well when they were making their signs. :)

hell it sounds like DNC talking points on President Bush!

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
al-Qaeda
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 06:04:43 PM »
KERRY/BIN LADEN 2004!!!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 09:40:11 PM »
wow this is an awsome read.  Reading the personal coorispondence of the enemy is definatly chilling!

To: Real name unknown
Folder: Hamza
Date: August 23, 2001

Special file for our brother Abu Bakr al-Albani ["the Albanian"] on the nature of his mission.

First, the mission: Gather information on:

1. Information on American soldiers who frequent nightclubs in the America-Canada border areas

2. The Israeli embassy, consulate, and cultural center in Canada

3. If it is possible to enter America and gather information on American soldier checkpoints, or on the American army in the border areas inside America

4. Information on the possibility of obtaining explosive devices inside Canada …

I have given to our brother $1,500 for travel expenses in Canada and America, and also the cost of the ticket for the trip back to us after four months, God willing.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 11:53:36 PM »
Excellent post.

They are more interested in disrupting the American economy than anything else.

Very chilling reading.

You should retitle the thread so more people will read it.

It is that good.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 12:07:46 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
They are more interested in disrupting the American economy than anything else.

Thats nothing new

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 02:41:11 AM »

To: The American People
Folder: Publications
Date: October 3, 2001

What takes place in America today...

I wonder what's the email of 'The American People'...

It would be surprisingly unprofessionnal for A-Q to have left this kind of material behind.
Credibility is very low IMO. Maybe Cullison has been hoaxed (and delivered from  $ 1,100 - btw the price is extremely low for such valuable info and gear in a country where computers weren't allowed...) or he just made it up.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
I wonder what's the email of 'The American People'...

It would be surprisingly unprofessionnal for A-Q to have left this kind of material behind.
Credibility is very low IMO. Maybe Cullison has been hoaxed (and delivered from  $ 1,100 - btw the price is extremely low for such valuable info and gear in a country where computers weren't allowed...) or he just made it up.

Or they thaught that "delete" really meant DELETE.

The article says they baught it from a looter during the fall of kabul.  Its not like they can haul this around in a car across the desert with them.  And if the guy is making this up I'd say he's VERY creative!

EDIT:

If you had actually read the article you would have seen that AQ did not like using Email as much as they did faxes and couriers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 03:40:17 AM by Gunslinger »

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
al-Qaeda
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 04:42:26 AM »
I'd like to know if this is really true or is this just a hoax like with Hitler's diaries.
Is there any more info about this issue anywhere or is this once again one of those great stories which will find their way to snopes.com ?

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 05:17:33 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
I'd like to know if this is really true or is this just a hoax like with Hitler's diaries.
Is there any more info about this issue anywhere or is this once again one of those great stories which will find their way to snopes.com ?

"The Atlantic Monthly" is an old and established periodical.  I imagine they can't prove the story is true, but you can be certain they took every precaution before they printed it.

curly

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2004, 05:20:59 AM »
Curly what part of OK are you from? I'm North of Tulsa... Owasso.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
al-Qaeda
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2004, 06:07:57 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Curly what part of OK are you from? I'm North of Tulsa... Owasso.

Lawton.

curly

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: al-Qaeda
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2004, 06:13:27 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
The letters include e-mail messages from Osama bin Laden himself."

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/200409/cullison

Fascinating read.

curly

strange... i remember seeing on CNN awhile back that Osama never went near electronic devices because he was scared that it could be "tracked" by the CIA. He does not allow any elecronics near him.