Author Topic: <S> HTC – I’m getting ready to make my comeback :)  (Read 951 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
<S> HTC – I’m getting ready to make my comeback :)
« on: August 15, 2004, 02:17:27 PM »
2004 has been a vintage year for whinefests. First we had AH1=>AH2 – and the dweebs thought their world had ended when they could no longer get those 800yd vertical sprayshots. I always remember those N1Ks trying that in AH2, and whacking them when it didn’t work. :lol I could just picture the scene in the cockpit – dweeb pilot with one hand on the cyclic, the other hand on the collective. ;)

I had only just stopped laughing from that whinefest when HTC hands us another – the P8 whinefest, which has been even better – made into a vintage whine because of all the account cancellation posts – lol. But I stare at these whine threads open mouthed at the BS I see…

We have grown men, thinking that their day is over because of plane type restrictions. Idiots who claim that their $14.95 entitles them to their plane of choice, and dweebs saying that it’s “impossible to defend” without P51/LA7/YaK/N1K/Spit etc…

What a pitiful package of posts – just goes to show that I was exercising that nasty habit of mine - being right – even though I wished I wasn’t right: Some folks don’t have any interest in WW2, have no concept of the hardship that existed in those dark days, and no desire to learn anything new. All they want is easy kills from a position of numerical and strategic supremacy.

Cannot survive without the Big5? Bollocks. :mad: At least two years ago, I made a conscious decision to do my bit to balance the arena. Some people have followed my lead. I had been flying P51D while I learned the AH game because I needed an easymode dweeb ride so I could run when I had to. The last time I flew it, I got to Victory 12 on the old scoring system, clubbing N1Ks and zekes. No contest. I derived no satisfaction from such a lopsided engagement, and I never ever flew P51s again from that day to this. Same thing for LA7 and Spit9. And I have NEVER flown a N1K or YaK online. So all this whining about not being able to get the uberplanes falls on stony ground as far as I’m concerned. Seems like too many people are offended by the C-word – challenge. My list: F4U, F6F, P38(sometimes), 109F/G2/G10, 190A5, P47D25. OK, the G10 and P38 are awesome but compress, but the others have handicaps when dealing with the Big3. So be it. I had to use other tactics – a thinking man’s game. Even limiting myself to this list, I managed a place in the top 100 in T49. And if I can do it, so can anyone – assuming they’re not too bone idle to give it a try. After all, whining is so much easier. :rolleyes:

My friend Phookat informs me that hording is present even on large maps during USPT. I’ll take his word for it. But it’s interesting to note that though the gangbang problem has existed for months/years, HTC saw fit to redress the balance and apply P8 at a time when the large maps have all but disappeared. I’ve not played for several weeks. I hate the small maps, largely because at the times which I played, those were the maps on which the gameplay went to pot in such a way that HTC decided that P8 was necessary.

Some folks say that HTC’s P8 initiative “won’t work”. It is clear from the whinefest that P8 is already working. Hurting squads? Can’t the squad fly something different?

So HTC for having the balls to make this change. And let’s hope the whiners, should they choose to stay, can grow a pair for themselves. I hope to check out the MA in the coming week.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 02:40:31 PM »
Nice

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 03:17:05 PM »
*clap clap*

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 03:35:55 PM »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 03:36:07 PM »
Excelent post:aok :aok :aok
A6M2, FM2, F6F and buff pilot here I agree totally. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 03:56:33 PM »
Excellent Post

HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 04:44:39 PM »
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well, I probably could have, but you beat me to it.

*Shakes Fist*

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 04:52:30 PM »
Gee, I really hope this agreeing with beet1e thing isnt becoming a habit :rolleyes:
lol;)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 04:53:01 PM »
hey guess wut. heh.

country hopping dweebs like me will always be able to fly whatever plane the want and at the same time help to "balance" the MA out. :)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Adjuster

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 04:55:29 PM »
Well said old boy :)

Adjuster
Adjuster

56 Squadron (Firebirds)

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 05:53:40 PM »
Well done.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 06:01:36 PM »
Kind of a negative post, in my opinion.  OK to express your opinion, but why flame those with different opinions?  Insecurity?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2004, 08:17:01 PM »
Great news beetle. I bet the 15 bucks that HT gets from you will console him to the 10s of 1000s he has lost to there being about 1/3rd less pilots in the game since AH2 went in.

The new system will work in some instances and make things way worse in others...
simple solutions often do that.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2004, 08:19:04 PM »
Originally posted by TDeacon
Kind of a negative post, in my opinion.  OK to express your opinion, but why flame those with different opinions?  Insecurity?

Aparently you haven't met Beetle yet.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: <S> HTC – I’m getting ready to make my comeback :)
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2004, 08:26:50 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
All they want is easy kills from a position of numerical and strategic supremacy.

Cool Beet, good post. My sentiments exactly.

...tho I'd add altitude to the equation
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 10:26:48 PM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..