Author Topic: P8 .50 cal question  (Read 166 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
P8 .50 cal question
« on: August 16, 2004, 12:52:34 AM »
"Made changes to the armor penetration model. Small caliber weapons (20mm and below)
have less penetration. "

Does this effect any thing else like killing ship guns, field guns etc? How about the already nearly indistructable Zeros? I know, thats a bit exadumerated but You have to really slow down and hit a zero much harder than you should have to in order to kill the thing! Always get fuel leaks but no explosions :(

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
P8 .50 cal question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 02:16:11 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
How about the already nearly indistructable Zeros? I know, thats a bit exadumerated but You have to really slow down and hit a zero much harder than you should have to in order to kill the thing! Always get fuel leaks but no explosions :(

Sorry for wedging in your thread again :) but i cannt agree with you. Zeros are easy "destructable" with 12mm. Of course, you need more than 3-5 hits :) Half-second burst rip his wings or tail out pretty easy, especially if you shoot from your convergence distance and dont spread your bullets over whole plane. I never had any problems with it.

BTW, did you see this movie ( http://www.lanpartyworld.com/ww2/files/wing-test.wmv ) ? Very cognitive :cool:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
P8 .50 cal question
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 04:43:56 AM »
I think that news piece meant the "armour" penetration effects concerning ground vehicles - main battle tanks.

I haven't tested it out, but if it is true, it should make the .50s and 20mms nearly useless against tanks with armour protection in the class of the Panzer IV and above.