Author Topic: an invitation for all to Reno Air Races  (Read 144 times)

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
an invitation for all to Reno Air Races
« on: August 16, 2004, 06:12:23 PM »
This is an invitation to all Aces Highers to attend this years Reno Air Races. Myself and fellow squaddie Shecklen are setting up camp at his house for everyone to gather.  He has a good chunk of land behind his house that you can see the runway to the air races from.  The plan is to have a large area that everyone can camp out.  
     We will provide the area to camp out at, free beer all weekend, outdoor shower, and a cookout for all on Satruday night.  If you would like to attend the air races on a budget, this is the way.  Bring your tent's, sleeping bags, personal hygene stuff, and come on down!!!!!  If you would like to attend but stay in a hotel, by all means stop on by for the cookout.  The driving distance to the air races is very short, and will have less traffic than if you were staying in Reno.
     On a last minute plan last year we had about 10 guys show up and it was great.  This year we are planning ahead and opening it up to all.

The air races are September 16-19th

If you are interested in attending or have any questions, drop me an e-mail at
e-mail me here

here is a link to the air races
2004 Reno Air Races

If you would like to attend please rsvp as soon as possible so we know how much beer to get.

Hope to see many of you all here

Tapakeg
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 06:25:17 PM »
Damn thats tempting! I could make it there in 12 hours with my truck and camper...let me see if I can round up a couple traveling companions, my kids will be back in school so they can't go...:(

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 06:43:19 PM »
There's room for plenty
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal