Author Topic: My poor assistant  (Read 382 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
My poor assistant
« on: August 17, 2004, 09:18:02 AM »
She left two weeks ago for her first ever vacation outside the island (lasting longer than 4 or 5 days) with her whole family.

She went...guess where?

To Florida.

So, she ended up getting whacked by Hurricane Charley.

Also, before she left she was agonising over the fact that she was going to have to leave her dogs behind.  She LOVES her animals and in particular her pit-bull.

Unfortunately, a week into her vacation the person she entrusted to look after the pitbull allowed the dog to get away from them.  It proceeded to kill a cat and then killed another dog.  The warden came for it and the dog was put down.

Now, if you have read my previous posts about pitbulls you know I am firmly against the breed and this story re-enforces my feelings.  This dog was LOVED by her owner and was treated like a member of her family.  My assistants three kids (a set of twins and a young son) grew up around the dog and never had any reason to fear it.  Other dogs...and cats obviously...had every reason to fear it.

Anyway...to make matters even worse the woman was forced to fly home late after being delayed by the hurricane.  The day before she got home she was informed that her sister-in-law had died after being admitted to hospital complaining of chest pains.  No history of any medical problems.  She was here one minute and gone the next.

I don't think this poor woman will leave the island again after this experience.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 09:21:07 AM »
Bad juju hit her like a freight truck doing a buck twenty.
-SW

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 09:32:28 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Bad juju hit her like a freight truck doing a buck twenty.
-SW

Pffft....

Sad story....

Funny quote.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 10:07:48 AM »
Holy ****. That is some string of bad luck.

Charon

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 10:10:42 AM »
Trouble comes in threes, so she's used up her allotment for this cycle.  Tell her you're giving her a raise this quarter and she'll think her luck is turning for the better.

Then tell her that your request was denied and, oh by the way, her job is being outsourced to India at the end of the year.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 10:12:27 AM »
going to florida for a holiday from bermuda is like going to iceland for a holiday from greenland.

What a crappy summer.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
My poor assistant
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 10:18:06 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
going to florida for a holiday from bermuda is like going to iceland for a holiday from greenland.

What a crappy summer.

You are right Pongo...to a point.  We don't have Disney World, or anything even closely resembling Disney World here.  That was what they were doing for their 1st week.

She came in this morning and her eyes were almost swollen shut from crying so much.  I sent her home.  :(
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 12:35:47 PM »
If she had gone to Hawaii I'd say put the idol back in the cave quick.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
My poor assistant
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 12:51:03 PM »
wait a month and suprise her with another week paid vacation ...

that one can't turn out any worse...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals