Author Topic: to HiTech: How to balance the countries and planesets  (Read 1362 times)

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
to HiTech: How to balance the countries and planesets
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 11:33:25 PM »
This has my vote as dumbest thread. I see you are adapting to capitalism well however.

:lol

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 11:46:45 PM »
Originally posted by MaddogWx
I see you are adapting to capitalism well however.

Unfortunately we are not.
Otherwise I wouldn't pay more than others. But I have always payed and ready to pay now any price for my principals. Looks like this is the main difference between you and me.

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 05:54:26 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
mabey we just need to get rid of one country or hey how about add two more?

4-counrtry.  
We saw it in WB. I'm not sure it will help to solve the current problem.

2-country setup quckly brings the situation when one country outnumbers the other substantially. It becomes boring very soon.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 01:28:33 PM »
Originally posted by -aper-
4-counrtry.  
We saw it in WB. I'm not sure it will help to solve the current problem.

2-country setup quckly brings the situation when one country outnumbers the other substantially. It becomes boring very soon.

yeah i wasnt too sure about the two country thing, but;) 5 sounds tempting.

think of it, sure one, or two country's might get pummbled, but hey some people like being always out numbered.

for others there could be multiple squad unions that like, and fly with eachother on a regularly basis.

knights, bish, rook, wow not much more choices if its got to be chess?

pawns, kings, and for some the queens:lol

but relitively speakeing. countries would be smaller i think. and hords might not be so common:)

Offline KaK3MAW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 04:58:16 PM »
Originally posted by humble
yes and no AK...hacking is a manipulation of data as well as performance. "Better plane" is a relative term. almost all of the planes in the MA are pretty good. Recognizing the fact that a "double positive" plane will have a tremendous advantage I'd still say pilot is 80% of the equation.
I's have to dissgree. the player's computer setup and connection count well over 50%  of success and equation

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 06:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
How about $100 for the premiem plan?

HiTech

You really do want my wife to kill me don't you?

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 07:03:30 PM »
keep it as is, we've not given it long enough yet to see if its working...i think it is
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 08:36:55 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
How about $100 for the premiem plan?

HiTech

It wasn't all that long ago when $100/mo would have been an immense bargain either.

Offline Goobman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 09:03:23 PM »
You can kid yourself all you want about the $15 being for arena access. The fact is every single one of us are paying to PLAY the game. The majority of our money is going towards the upkeep of the game, not the upkeep of a server/arena. Access to the arena is a byproduct of paying to play the game, not the other way around. I know HTC disagrees with this, but their definition is more of semantics and legality than logic.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 09:21:32 PM by Goobman »

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 06:21:24 AM »
Originally posted by Goobman
You can kid yourself all you want about the $15 being for arena access. The fact is every single one of us are paying to PLAY the game. The majority of our money is going towards the upkeep of the game, not the upkeep of a server/arena. Access to the arena is a byproduct of paying to play the game, not the other way around. I know HTC disagrees with this, but their definition is more of semantics and legality than logic.

err without the server/arena there will be no GAME at all

im guessing our $15/£10 goes towards bandwidth costs.........
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 11:16:16 AM »
You pay $15/mo to play the game ... not necessarily play it the way you want it to be.

There's been a lot of very productive discussion this last week, and you're all seeing positive changes as a result. A series of host fixes last night, for instance.

Offline Goobman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 06:36:31 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
err without the server/arena there will be no GAME at all

im guessing our $15/£10 goes towards bandwidth costs.........

Hmmm, I would guess that the majority of our fee is applied towards the salaries of the people that keep the game flying (no pun intended :) )

Maybe less than 20% for bandwidth costs

Offline Goobman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 07:04:32 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
You pay $15/mo to play the game ... not necessarily play it the way you want it to be.

There's been a lot of very productive discussion this last week, and you're all seeing positive changes as a result. A series of host fixes last night, for instance.

When I signed up to play the game for $14.95 / mo.  The rules of the game were that I had full choice of any plane I wanted to fly and for which country I wanted to fly for in that plane. HTC has now changed that rule since my agreement to terms. I'm not saying that HTC doesnt have the right to do whatever the heck they want to do, because its their game they can. However, dont pretend my consternation over this whole ordeal is simply because its "how I want it to be" ,  as if I never had the choice before on planes/countries. When I agreed to pay for access/play game, It was never even hinted that one day in the future those choices would be denied to me. If it had been, I would have hesitated on signing up in the first place. Since the change (and to this minute) I am still debating on continuing with this game.
Other minor changes in the game (such as hardness, fuel porkability etc.) still left me with the option of my basic choice of plane type/ country. Leveling the balance could have be done with more thought and planning and still left that basic choice intact. I know this as fact since I have seen numerous posts with better ideas than this one. I dont like hordes, but this solution absolutely stinks. It wasnt my decision so alas all I can do is voice my opinion and then lump it or leave it :rolleyes:

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2004, 07:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by Goobman
When I signed up to play the game for $14.95 / mo.  The rules of the game were that I had full choice of any plane I wanted to fly and for which country I wanted to fly for in that plane. ...

I could come up with half a dozen counter-examples here ... implementation of a Rolling Plane Set being an easy one. Because it would rob you of the ability to fly "what you want, when you want". In other words, the "Terms of Service" just isn't a valid argument, even though it feels like it should be.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this was the best way to solve "The Problem." At least not in its current form. And half the reason I got involved at all in the discussion was I didn't appreciate the way the folks who had rationally expressed objections were being treated by the BBS (i.e. "fly another plane, princess.")

HT has a lot of ideas to sort through from this week. And has already implemented a couple. So give it a little time.