Author Topic: Kerry to Bush: Bring it on!  (Read 1067 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Kerry to Bush: Bring it on!
« on: August 19, 2004, 06:09:49 PM »
Let's see if Dubya will put up or shut up.

source

By Carol Giacomo
BOSTON (Reuters) - John Kerry accused President Bush of using surrogates to "do his dirty work," as the Democratic presidential challenger hit back on Thursday at a Republican assault on his Vietnam War record.

In his toughest response yet to questions of whether he deserved the honors he won in war, Kerry said if the president wanted to debate the issue of their respective battle records then "Bring it on."

Kerry said a group called the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which has attacked the Massachusetts senator's war record via television advertisements, was funded by hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Republican contributor in Texas, Bush's home state.

"They're a front for the Bush campaign. And the fact that the president won't denounce what they're up to tells you everything you need to know: he wants them to do his dirty work," Kerry told a convention of the International Association of Fire Fighters, a politically active union which backs Kerry.

"Of course, the president keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that," Kerry said.

"Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on,"' the Massachusetts senator said, to cheers from the firefighters.

Kerry noted that 30 years ago, official Navy reports documented his service in Vietnam and awarded him the Silver Star, the Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts.

"Thirty years ago, this was the plain truth. It still is. And I still carry the shrapnel in my leg from a wound in Vietnam," he added.

I heard Dubya still carries the hangover from that DWI.:aok
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 06:14:25 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Re: Kerry to Bush: Bring it on!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 06:11:25 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Let's see if Dubya will put up or shut up.

source

:aok

He started this back in April, why is he complaining?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 06:15:20 PM »
Because the republicans are lying.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 06:16:48 PM »
Funny, I haven't heard him complaining about Soros and Moveon.org.

More Kerry hypocrisy

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 06:19:45 PM »
I have'nt seen any lies coming out of there. But they are free to debate that, along with their military records, when Bush accepts.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 06:19:49 PM »
Rash measures to curb the backfire.

Not exactly a presidential quality.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 06:21:43 PM »
Looks to me like he's standing tall under fire and not running from a fight. Unlike Dubya.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 06:23:50 PM »
Because the republicans are lying.

Funny I havnt heard "paid for' by:

1.  veterans for Bush
2.  RNC
3.  Republican anything
4.  George W. Bush

in ANY of the adds.

How are the republicans lying?

OH, you mean that one of the major contributers to the group is in fact a republican.

So by that standard Kerry compared Bush's record to Hitler's....I hardly find that good behavior.  

Besides.  Bush did condem the ads.  He condemed ALL 527 group ads.  He has said it publicly....look for the quote yourself.

keep digging Kerry!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 06:26:48 PM »
How are the republicans lying?

A report on Thursday in the Washington Post said military records contradicted a claim that Kerry did not come under fire during the battle that resulted in military honors for the Democratic senator.

Larry Thurlow, who commanded a Navy boat alongside Kerry in Vietnam, has disputed that Kerry was shot at during the March 1969 raid that resulted in Bronze Stars being awarded to both men. Thurlow is a member of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Thurlow's military records, partially obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Washington Post, contain references to "enemy small arms and automatic fire" directed at "all units" of the five-boat flotilla, the newspaper says.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 06:27:14 PM »
I believe that moore is a front for the kerrie campain and there was never a bigger pack of lies than moores trashing of Bush...

Bush should tell kerrie to prove moores garbage is true.

lazs

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »
Looks to me like he's standing tall under fire and not running from a fight. Unlike Dubya.

Hes standing tall infront of the wrong man.  W has roughly zero to do with the ads.

Sounds like a weapon of mass distraction to me.  :aok

A report on Thursday in the Washington Post said military records contradicted a claim that Kerry did not come under fire during the battle that resulted in military honors for the Democratic senator.

Larry Thurlow, who commanded a Navy boat alongside Kerry in Vietnam, has disputed that Kerry was shot at during the March 1969 raid that resulted in Bronze Stars being awarded to both men. Thurlow is a member of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Thurlow's military records, partially obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Washington Post, contain references to "enemy small arms and automatic fire" directed at "all units" of the five-boat flotilla, the newspaper says.

See?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 06:29:45 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Hes standing tall infront of the wrong man.  W has roughly zero to do with the ads.

Sounds like a weapon of mass distraction to me.  :aok

You actually believe the Bush campaign had NOTHING to do with the ads? Get real.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 06:33:14 PM »

Thurlow's military records, partially obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Washington Post, contain references to "enemy small arms and automatic fire" directed at "all units" of the five-boat flotilla, the newspaper says..

Step 1 Highlight quoted text
step 2 press ctrl F on your keyboard
step 3 enter the word "republican" in the text box of the search window
step 4 hit enter or press search:

results:  The word republican was not found in the selected text....please try again

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 06:42:17 PM »
Grunslinger, keep chanting that republican mantra. It does not change the facts.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 06:45:58 PM »
Kerry's either a war criminal himself or a liar. He admitted before congress that he participated in "war crimes". He is either a liar or a criminal.

Forget all the other stuff. So what's it going to be Dem war criminal or Dem liar?

Those are facts. Your claim "Bush has be the one driving the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth just because I just think he is" certainly isn't based on any fact.

Kerry is as two faced, at least on record, as any politician in history. Everything he's says today he will say he didn’t say or at least didn’t "mean" tomorrow. The most recent example is his response to Bush bring 12000 troops home from Korea. He was before it before he was against and what will it be next week?

It obvious and you know it is. The question I have is what does it say about you if you go to such length to stick up for this guy?

You don't have to support Bush, I don't but you can't be that blind not to see what kind of person Kerry is. I know you hate Bush but isn't that completely separate then your blind support for Kerry?