Author Topic: Would you like to own a Warbird?  (Read 126 times)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Would you like to own a Warbird?
« on: August 19, 2004, 11:01:48 PM »
Or perhaps someone you know.

I'm going to post this offer again to the AH community and any affiliates.  There are two Focke Wulf 149D's for sale that I have been flying for the last few months.  I am preparing to pack my bags and move back to Columbus, OH (Job Offer) from the evil land of South Florida.

These two airplanes are the Grand Champion and Second Place airplanes in terms of showplane quality.

The Focke Wulf FW-149D is a Luftwaffe Fighter Trainer used to help pilots prepare to transition into jets.  Side by side seating, with a stick and left hand throttle for each pilot, two rear seats that will accept parachutes.

The first contestant:

Excess of 400 Horsepower, exceptional quality in restoration and amazing attention to detail.

Oshkosh and Sun 'n Fun Judges Choice award winners.

Fully Aerobatic, Four-Place airplane.  Only airplane out there where all four people can have parachutes on and experience aerobatics.  Military seats will accept Seat-Parachutes or Back-Parachutes.

Nicely equipped with Multi-Function Display and GPS.  All digital engine gauges and powder coated everything in the cockpit including a custom scratch built panel.

The second contestant...
Camoflauge paint scheme, Nearly as detailed restoration as the first.  Excellent flying airplane, again fully aerobatic and identically equipped.

Photo of Pitts1c who is an IA Mechanic standing in front of it just before he performed an engine change to a less than 300 hour firebreather.

Asking for the Blue one $220,000.  The green $180,000.

I can arrange a discount if its a member or affiliate of the Aces High community since I will be assisting in the training.  These airplanes are very docile yet high performance.  No bad flying qualities and a dream to land.  Can deliver anywhere in the world.