Author Topic: Some weekend pics :)  (Read 488 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Some weekend pics :)
« on: August 22, 2004, 11:55:26 PM »
Turbo had a helmet mountet still camera with 'im last weekend and shot some pics. Thought I'd share 'em with ya. This is where I have fun :)

Skydiving is fun. Flemming preparing to film a tandem.

Beach jump. Me under canopy after jumping over the Danish west coast. Town below is Blokhus; the number of inhabitants is five times as high in summer compared to winter

Another shot - Turbo decided to do some canopy relative work. I got skeerd when we bumped end cells a wee bit too hard though

Landing - beautiful sunset

Comat RW. We ain't no bellyfliers and we had a no-rules-full-contact combat RW jump. I lost.

Combat Freefly. Jakob is taught that backtracking is a good skill to have.

My sis in a sit against the sun

Come join the fun :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 07:53:32 AM »
Looks like fun! Ya bastige! :)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 08:36:30 AM »
only if ya hook me up with your sister.

:D
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 09:42:30 AM »
Hey I held in a sit yesterday.....

.... for about 0.05 s :o

Dang this is hard!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 09:46:19 AM by deSelys »
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 09:57:08 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys

Dang this is hard!

You need strong thigh muscles. Evidently you need to build your thigh strength up. May I suggest a long walk on the beach with Airhead one evening?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 10:01:37 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Looks like fun! Ya bastige! :)

It IS fun!

I seem to recall a pic of you dragging around one of them 1st generation square canopies. The sport has come a long way - you sure you don't feel the sky calling?

Come to DK next year and I'll teach ya. Just got selected as an instructor-in-training  :D .

I'll do it for the chicks. Really helps with scoring when they think fo you as the Cool Instructor D00d that r00x0r$.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 10:05:02 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta
It IS fun!

I seem to recall a pic of you dragging around one of them 1st generation square canopies. The sport has come a long way - you sure you don't feel the sky calling?

Absolutely! When my son is old enough, I plan to take the sport up again.  Right now, too many other expensive hobbies fill up my queue. ;)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 10:05:37 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys

Dang this is hard!

Heh, freeflying is a wee bit harder than RW. I learned sit-fly by going on my back, turtle-style, and then pushing the legs down :). Lots of ways to do it - go up with an experienced guy and let 'im hold you in a sit works well for most.

Head down is another matter. It's VERY stable - once you Get It Right. Until then it's a big mystery. I had to have Juan Carlos from the 1st School of Human Flight (Zipster's school) take me out before I nailed it. Straight down HD that is - am working on controlling forward/back and level now. I tend to go very fast wherever I go, which results in lots of good video (read: mid air collisons :D.

Keep at it dude. I hope to jump with you next summer. You planning on jumping from Pink?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 10:09:27 AM »
Absolutely! When my son is old enough, I plan to take the sport up again.  Right now, too many other expensive hobbies fill up my queue. ;)

COOL! I'll hold you up to this, ole snortin' one.

Will probably see you before that. Skydive vacation isn't planned yet, but it's either Russia, Venezuela or the US. Have a friend at Skydive Arizona, and one in Florida. Bit far by Danish measures, but for Yankees that's just a day's drive or so :D.

You'll have to show me your guns. Me likee guns. Guns are fun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 10:18:28 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta
COOL! I'll hold you up to this, ole snortin' one.

Will probably see you before that. Skydive vacation isn't planned yet, but it's either Russia, Venezuela or the US. Have a friend at Skydive Arizona, and one in Florida. Bit far by Danish measures, but for Yankees that's just a day's drive or so :D.

You'll have to show me your guns. Me likee guns. Guns are fun.

If you make it here, and its spring or summer or fall, I promise you boating, maybe some camping, and definately dinner at a fine Seattle Waterfront restaurant!  And, we'll go shoot some pistols (or rifles, whatever you prefer) ;)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 10:19:09 AM »
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 10:43:49 AM »
You need strong thigh muscles. Evidently you need to build your thigh strength up. May I suggest a long walk on the beach with Airhead one evening?

If I needed to build my thigh strength, I would prefer a method that doesn't leave you with a sore arse...not that there is a problem with that!

StSanta: thanks for the tips. I try to sit up from face down by extending my arms and slowly pulling my legs under me...it works but I cant stop the motion and usually perform some kind of backward somersault. I've been told to start from lying on the back, but i'm still a bit uncomfortable flying without seeing where I'm going (pansy!).
I went head down once right after the exit with legs extended, arms extended pointing towards my feet and pulled over my torso, and looking along my arms/legs at the plane shrinking away. It was stable but the increasing sound of the air rush scared me a bit and after 3-4 secs I opened my limbs, arched and went back to bellyfly.

Although it is tough to learn, it is great fun and I won't stop to try.
I'd like to do some general bellyfly RW to better control my motions and rate of fall (I don't arch much and I must be a relatively slow faller).

Now that I have the license, I'm authorized to jump with other people. Some experienced skydivers I've talked to are willing to take me with them from time to time.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 12:40:07 PM »
great stuff stsanta. you ever visit us and go jumping?

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 12:43:58 PM »
These pictures are obviously faked!

I have it on good authority that the sun never shines in Dane's Land!

Nice stuff StSanta!  :)

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 01:12:53 PM »
very nice pics StSanta im sure you have ALOT fun! :D
I like the sunset pic most, and the 2nd one.
Looks like it was a nice day without any wind turbulences.

R
Gh0stFT
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.