Author Topic: Would it be possible.........  (Read 248 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Would it be possible.........
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:32:08 PM »
........to modify the current system/setting to allow a player to swap sides without the hassle of resigning from his squad etc.?

I was thinking I might try flying with some people I know on other sides.

I might do it if/when I logged on when none of my squad was on, provided I didn't have to fool with resigning from my squad and some sort of side switching time limit.

But so long as I have to resign and then sign up, and I have to wait to switch back, I'm staying right where I'm at.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 02:43:52 PM »
Is this something new? Until only a few tours ago our squad rotated every tour, often we'd have one or two guys left behind in the 'wrong' country and they were never ejected from the squad. In fact the squad channel works cross-country, at least it used to.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 03:11:34 PM »
i have seen this also, where squadmates can be in different countries. as recent as a few weeks ago.

unless this was changed, and HTC never mentioned it in any of the release notes.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 03:37:43 PM »
There is no need to resign to be on different sides.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 04:34:47 PM »
In light of the new modifications, I wish HTC would allow side switching much more often. I personally like the modification, but you shouldn't feel trapped on one side for 8+ hours, numbers can flip flop alot inbetween.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 05:33:36 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
In light of the new modifications, I wish HTC would allow side switching much more often. I personally like the modification, but you shouldn't feel trapped on one side for 8+ hours, numbers can flip flop alot inbetween.

HT is already considering a shorter time limit.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 07:07:01 PM »
I was told, probably by someone who didn't know better, that you either had to resign from your squad or it would toss you out. He probably didn't know what he was talking about. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

But since you still have to wait to swap back, it doesn't matter to me anyway. I might wait an hour, or maybe two, but that is about it.

Thanks for straightening me out on the squad deal though, if the time limit gets short enough, I might go fly with some other friends.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe