Author Topic: Neocon Reason  (Read 601 times)

Offline owada

• Zinc Member
Neocon Reason
« on: August 24, 2004, 10:57:10 AM »
Troll/Flame bait.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 01:36:11 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 11:02:32 AM »
The failure of the U.S. occupation in Iraq has certainly demonstrated the limits to U.S. hegemony. Despite limited armed opposition, U.S. military forces do not seem able to control a single Iraqi city. If rebellion were to become general or if Iraqis had effective weapons against tanks and air power, the U.S. would have to withdraw its army.

I actually made it to this line right here.

I realy hate hearing how we are "failing" in Iraq.  I'm pretty sure our troops feel the same way.  We are not in a "quagmire"  troops arnt comming home in droves of body bags.  

This is an outright lie.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 11:02:54 AM »
aaarrrghhhh...wheres my tinfoil hat!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 11:18:54 AM »
I voted for Pat and would again.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 11:23:37 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I actually made it to this line right here.

I realy hate hearing how we are "failing" in Iraq.  I'm pretty sure our troops feel the same way.  We are not in a "quagmire"  troops arnt comming home in droves of body bags.  

This is an outright lie.

There will always be those standing on the sidelines taking cheap shots. Ignore them, they'll go away eventually.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 11:32:41 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
There will always be those standing on the sidelines taking cheap shots. Ignore them, they'll go away eventually.

not to mention the title.  That should have tiped me off this was a total troll.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 11:41:28 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

While 962 might not constitute a "drove", there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.
sand

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 11:49:10 AM »
Having experienced the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations, do Americans wish they had elected Patrick J. Buchanan president? Was Buchanan America's last chance to put a true patriot in the Oval Office?

After reading this a funny thought entered my noggin....."If Ross Perot were president today what do you suppose the current situation in Iraq would be?":eek:

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 11:49:55 AM »
Originally posted by kevykev56
After reading this a funny thought entered my noggin....."If Ross Perot were president today what do you suppose the current situation in Iraq would be?":eek:

RHIN0

I think Superman could kick Spiderman's ass.
sand

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 11:52:40 AM »
Anybody with common sense can see that this is utter nonsense.  If it was meant to convince me that Pat Buchanan was the last true hope for America, it did exactly the opposite; I now see him as even more dangerous and deluded than before.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 11:56:18 AM »
Nearly 1000 lives with no end in sight IS encroaching the drove mark. The troops aren't "losing", they are just overwhelmed. I'm surprised how much sense Buchanan makes. He has his moments.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 11:58:39 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
I'm surprised how much sense Buchanan makes. He has his moments.

A wacky Zionist conspiracy theory makes sense?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 12:15:59 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
A wacky Zionist conspiracy theory makes sense?

-- Todd/Leviathn

At first glance....yeah, kinda. I can clearly see the symptoms, their explanation for the cause is feasable. Hard to tell much about it from a soundbite.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 12:34:52 PM »
A neoconservative cabal allied with Israel's right-wing Likud Party has captured our government and initiated a new crusade against Islam.

I'd say 9-11 took care of starting that crusade on it's way.

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
Neocon Reason
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 12:42:48 PM »
I'm a big fan of Pat Buchanan.  I like a lot of what he stands for (personal freedom, small government, independance from foreign influence).  What I read here does NOT sound like his words.  It sounds at best like a very poor interpretation.

I haven't heard about this book and I'd like to hear what he has to say about the current state of American affairs abroad.  I find it interesting that the statements that I disagree with most are the ones farthest from the quotation marks in this essay.

I think this post is a sham.