Author Topic: Mod abuser on steroids  (Read 444 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Mod abuser on steroids
« on: March 09, 2024, 08:01:10 PM »
~5:45PM PST. Mod started warning ppl for comments like "looser" and 200 got active in response. Mod muted several ppl to preserve his precious position.

Moderate your mods HT.  Really.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: Mod abuser on steroids
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 08:30:42 PM »
Wondering if NoTar is the mod. Bish and rook got muted left and right but no nit? Hm.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 08:40:37 PM »
Wondering if NoTar is the mod. Bish and rook got muted left and right but no nit? Hm.

No conspiracy
At least 1 Knit was muted.
I'm not fond of a lot of things on 200, and it does need to be monitored for various reasons. But it did sound like someone was trigger happy,.... or drunk.

Can we just find a medium. Don't be a spewing jerk on 200 and SOME mods can relax a little.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 08:46:01 PM »
Wonder if this was the same mod that ran me off? I'm happy to see others are getting to experience it!  :rock

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 08:48:56 PM »
Well, then.
A mod was apparently trigger happy, to the detriment of the game. (Although at least 4 bish and rook got muted and maybe only one nit did).
Game's going downhill but can still linger for a while.
Maybe the mod in question gets that and wants to feel fulfilled vs helping the game he is empowered to protect?

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 08:52:53 PM »
Now comments on 200 on how some ppl due to come off mute soon.
HT. Get a grip.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 08:59:36 PM »
Only been muted once, warned several times.When that happens its "yes sir" and I stop.

There are more than a few that probably get what they deserve, especial the foul language ones. Most of us at one time or another, use a word(s) we shouldn't use on country or post on 200. You use it, get warned, stop it.

You go Mods, make us stick to the rules. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2024, 09:41:58 PM »

why cant I be the moderator who mutes only bishops and rooks.  after all I only play knighes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2024, 10:08:05 PM »
Well, then.
A mod was apparently trigger happy, to the detriment of the game. (Although at least 4 bish and rook got muted and maybe only one nit did).
Game's going downhill but can still linger for a while.
Maybe the mod in question gets that and wants to feel fulfilled vs helping the game he is empowered to protect?

Ya know, some of the stuff said on 200 drives more away than a over-zealous mod. We’ve been over this 100 times about 200 out of hand. If one is going to mask bad language its the same as saying it. Don’t know about the others.

I can out-trash-talk a drunk sailor better than most. I just don’t understand why certain things need to be typed.

I did hear a very young kid on radio, maybe that was the reason.
Sometines some get a little tipsy and blurt stuff out.

<shrug>

Ya know what?
No one died :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 10:10:00 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2024, 01:15:17 AM »
Sorry guys, I like to hear good things about Joe Biden.  I was sending mutes in hopes to get your support Joe for 2024.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2024, 01:54:44 AM »
Do we need a “hurt my feelings” button?

Seriously, HT gave us squelch and 200 must be intentionally tuned to… The stuff there is fairly mild compared with most MMO “chat”.

FWIW outing a mod would be bad… Don’t try, the player mentioned is an all around good guy in game.

You think Knights don’t get warned or muted??  :rofl
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 09:17:35 AM »
I’m a pretty easy goin guy, I usually tend to like and accept people, within reason.

And then some blurt out crazy politics in social circles, then I think they are bat**** crazy, maybe I should keep my distance.

I dunno, I think maybe it’s the reason the old term was invented, “don’t talk about politics, religion, sex or income in social circles”. Of course, if someone wants negative attention then please continue.

No Kleenex for those who get what they ask for, they should celebrate. We save it for real victims, not crocodile tears.

<shrug>
<slowly backs out of room and quietly closes door>
>reaches back in to turn off light>
<runs>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 09:20:24 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2024, 09:52:59 AM »
Seriously, HT gave us squelch and 200 must be intentionally tuned to… The stuff there is fairly mild compared with most MMO “chat”.
200 is the only way to communicate with players in other countries which I find a richness in the game. Saying "Hello, happy Friday everyone". Having a word with nice people from the other side of the globe.

Or not tuning to 200 because that "fairly mild" is still too strong for an elderly chap who has come to play an air sim instead of a verbal battle.

Re squelching... I'd like a similar feature to prevent being killed by pilots whose skill level is superior to mine. That would allow me to play my game in the same manner as squelching allows me to cross-country communicate my way.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2024, 12:34:27 PM »
Its funny, it always seems to be the same people complaining about being muted.

I wonder what the common denominator is about that....... not that they will see/admit it.  :noid

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2024, 07:22:35 PM »
I got muted because I thought what the mod was doing was beyond the pale and said so on 200. People were being warned for really minimal stuff like calling someone else a "looser." I knew I'd get muted for that and I did. But something had to be said.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing," etc.