Author Topic: Chalkboard idea for clipboard  (Read 207 times)

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Chalkboard idea for clipboard
« on: August 30, 2004, 01:29:36 AM »
My buds and i were taking a base when i found myself trying hard to explain exactly what i wanted done to some newbs. I though if i had some kind of whiteboard for drawing out what i wanted it would have made it easier for me and everyone else. Heres my idea....

Add a button for the clipboard named "chalkboard or whiteboard." When clicked on, it changes the map view into a whiteboard with a few simple colors like red, blue, black and green. You would have maybe 2 tools for writing like a brush and an eraser. The planner of attack can draw out a game plan like football and everyone on the squad ch or like 169 for example, could pull up their clipboards and view the plan. You could plan out a better mission this way. I want panzers here here and here and flackers here and the m3 over here represented by maybe x's and o's or whatever.

This would make a nice feature for the game and it would also add more realism and less confusion. There used to be an old instant messanger with this function and it was kewl. Anyway, what do yall think?:cool:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 01:31:52 AM by dragoon »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 05:25:24 AM »
Interesting idea.

Not sure how much coding it would take to make it possible.

You'd basicly be pulling up an instance of MS Paint in Aces High. Allowing you to create a .bmp with text, etc. Then upload it to everyone in the mission.

Wouldn't be easy, but would be worth looking at IMO.

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 08:51:03 AM »
I agree it's a good idea, but perhaps hard to implement.

Then again, HiTech is a genius...

MRPLUTO

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 01:35:07 PM »
rgr rgr, might be a bit hard to code but in the end it would be worth it. especially to those who like to run a more complex mission. again i think it would make a nice game feature.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 01:45:19 PM »
Its got my vote

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 02:06:40 PM »
you all know you can set / draw waypoints already for missions.

in the mission setup. you can have like 4+ different colored lines that show up only to those in the mission.

i havent done it in a while, but have seen it recently, and i have done it myself before.

if you are talking about at the base level, like who hits what FH... well that seems kind of hard,to overlay that over the mini map of a base.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 02:23:15 PM »
Good idea.  No way possible this could get misused.  Nope, no way at all..
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 06:21:48 PM »
to keep abuse and misuse down, htc could use symbols instead of writing.

JB73 i see what your saying but id like to point out that this request has nothing to do with waypoints. waypoints are very crude and cannot preform the complexity of my request.

im talking about a whiteboard that the commander can draw out a plan, present it to the mission so everyone involved knows where to set up shop and what to do.  they can pull it up at anytime (until the commander wipes the board clean) and see the plan. also, wanting this more for squad ops than big country wide missions posted but i think it would work great both ways.

example: lets say i want 5 panzers to travel to a certain point and hold position. and i have 3 m8s or lvta4s and an m3 also holding position near a field. once the panzers are in position and holding they will move toward the field in a certain pattern dictated by the whiteboard. once the panzers have taken down all ground opposition then the m8s and lvts would move toward the field or town in yet another pattern. as the panzers are doing their thing and protecting the rest of the mission, the others will move into the town and do their work.  all subject to change by the commander running the mission on the whiteboard.

the problem with waypoints is that they are only for telling a group of planes to go here and nothing else. you cant create a complex gameplan with waypoints alone. this is where the whiteboard idea comes into play. as far as im concerned, waypoints only really usefull for carrier groups. if you can imagine a football coach standing in front of a chalkboard or a commander doing the same thing before a mission....then you understand my idea.