Author Topic: Range Vox needs Options  (Read 789 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Range Vox needs Options
« on: August 30, 2004, 07:25:59 PM »
Only one... Squelch Option

Please Hitech make it posible to get rid of range vox.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline debuman

• Copper Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »
I second this idea!  If I don't get a verbal "check 6" from someone, then that should be my option.  Most of the time you wouldn't get it anyway 'cuz of all the needless chatter going on.  that way you could just pay attention to your squad or wingman, etc., and not ahve to sort thru all the garbage.

Offline hawk410

• Zinc Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:04:12 PM »
I agree....let us disable range as an option

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 09:44:57 PM »
Though I've agreed since it came out, this parade has been rained on already.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 09:56:10 PM »
I dont think HT Really wants to do this.    At least as a squelch.

Range is great for coms with people in the area,  for people you would not normal get to talk to on vox.   Its there as a team thing.

Sometimes you can get in a fight or something and you really wish you could tune folks out.  I understand that as well.

How bout this for a proposal.

How about  a Timed Squelch on Channel 2.    What I mean is this.   You type .squelch 2 and Channel 2 is squelched for 3 minutes.    once three minute elapse,  Channel 2 is unsquelch automaticly.    

I would program a button on my HOTAS for those moments when I need a clear Vox channel.     Of Course you could abuse this by constantly squelching,  But Its not much different than turning off your speakers.

Used properly, this would give you a chance to clear Range Vox,  Yet a few moments later you would have all the benifts of Range again.  

No Idea how hard it would be to impliment,  but I figured Ideas are always good to toss around.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 10:07:37 PM »
Squelch people not the channel.

Start getting on country channel & get them to move to private if there is a lot of chatter.

This is a community issue not a programing one.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:27:32 AM »
I just want my squad vox to override the range vox rather then the other way around as it is now
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 02:13:19 AM »
It seems to me that squeclhing range channel would be a very bad idea from a purely game play stand point. There is some chatter yes, but also a lot of critical information on local that you would not want to miss out on, "Enemy Goon IB" or "High 262" or "hold your drop the town is not flat" for example. I think it would be a better solution to make it easier to squelch particualr players, maybe just click on their name in the local range list and it pops up a squelch option for that player, that way you can squelch the chatter boxes and not the more serious information. I don't know about you guys but I like to be well informed when I fly into enemy territory.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 04:01:38 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I just want my squad vox to override the range vox rather then the other way around as it is now

i'll second that.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 05:16:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

I disagree. The same could be said about the Channel 1 issue, but it was handled differently.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 05:34:10 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

Start getting on country channel & get them to move to private if there is a lot of chatter.

Why should I have to tell them to move to a voc channel? That is not my responsibility. In no way would this take away from your "community" thing. It would simply make it easier to fight in a furball without having to listen to constant chitchat on range vox.

I could never understang why we have the option to tune out every other type of communication within the game except the one that gives the most problems. Heck, you can even squelch the system messages. But yet we still have the biggest anoyance up and running with no way of turning it completely off without having to squelch everyone around you.

Hey Ghost... Channel 1 was a "community" issue just as much as it was a programing one if you really want to go that rout. Where did it go? What was the solution?

There is absolutly no reason why we cant have the option to get rid of range vox if we feel it is necessary. Keep in mind it would be an OPTION. So... If YOU didnt feel it was "necessary" to detune range vox guess what... You dont have to.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 08:12:42 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

as i try to tell you theres a m3 sneaking troops past you

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Re: Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004, 08:20:45 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

If we could do that i'd let my kids play when i'm not home. As it is---just another reason to plug in the headphones.

A seperate slider in the vox box for range would do it.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 08:23:52 AM »
Ghosth its not guys that being jerks that bothers me...its trying to talk to squaddies and having 15 people walk over you.

When I first started playing it irritated me so much I would fly without sound and use teamspeak only with friends. Now that Im in a squad I cant do that,  but RANGE is still irritating. Please let us squelch it.  Most guys have squad channels(vox) they use, and new guys ALWAYS use text when asking questions, so I dont see the point of HAVING to have it unsquelchable.

~AoM~

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Range Vox needs Options
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 08:24:05 AM »
Originally posted by twitchy
It seems to me that squeclhing range channel would be a very bad idea from a purely game play stand point. There is some chatter yes, but also a lot of critical information on local that you would not want to miss out on, "Enemy Goon IB" or "High 262" or "hold your drop the town is not flat" for example. I think it would be a better solution to make it easier to squelch particualr players, maybe just click on their name in the local range list and it pops up a squelch option for that player, that way you can squelch the chatter boxes and not the more serious information. I don't know about you guys but I like to be well informed when I fly into enemy territory.

It's all a matter of choice twitcy. Those that want to squelch the range channel would have to suffer the consequences of such. If they die due to a lack of information, then it's all on them.

I don't run into this problem very often, but when I do, I surely would like the option to tune the radio off.

Ghosth ... been there done that and 99% of the time, they ignore you, so I am forced to fly from the area so as not to listen to someone babble on about how their day went or "remember when".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."