Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8225 times)

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« on: September 05, 2004, 09:56:35 PM »
I just wanna say WTG Rookies for resetting the map despite not being able to use B-17s, B-26s, P-51Ds, Ostis, Panzers, 109's, F4U's amongst others.

ENY sucks.  But, we STILL made it happen tonight.

[size=8]WTG ROOKS![/size]  :)

Offline jbnace12

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 10:04:22 PM »
Douldnt even fly a Spit 5. I really dont like this ENY thing, I dont feel like I get my monies worth when playing and unable fully utilize the game and the plane sets. Im not going to hang out if it is not going to be changing.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
Re: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 10:14:55 PM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
I just wanna say WTG Rookies for resetting the map despite not being able to use B-17s, B-26s, P-51Ds, Ostis, Panzers, 109's, F4U's amongst others.

ENY sucks.  But, we STILL made it happen tonight.

I certainly hope HT makes some revisions to the whole ENY thing soon, because I have had all I can take.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 10:19:24 PM »
See? The horde didn't need uber planes to roll tide roll after all. And you guys are actually beechin' that you didn't have fun doin' it? Go figure. :D

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 10:20:36 PM »
Yes, Congratulations Rooks, was a fun night.

Frankly though, I took a 7 month break from the game for work and other projects, and was really looking forward to getting back into the air.

What I found, however, was what in my opinion is a joke.  I came back to fly with my squad, and my friends I've made over the years.  I came back to fly the planes I enjoy flying.  I did not come back to be forced into a small select group of planes because someone whined and cried about being on the short end of a stick.  I pay the fee's to log in and play when I want, and when I can.  I'm flat out stunned that because someone else's complaining, I have to play "their" game.  

I'm afraid not, if you want me to play by someone elses rules, then by God they can pay my bill.  I refuse to have my time and my experience dictated as to what and with whom I fly.

After a long day, I want and pay to up a P-38.  Not some joke of a plane that some mouth says I "should" learn to fly.  I've been around for quite a while, if I wanted to fly a P-51B I'd fly one.  When I feel like blowing the crap out of city in a B-17 then I pay for and Want that B-17 available.  I don't care who is on the receiving end of it.  I don't care that a bunch of rooks like to get on and fly Sundays.  I don't intend to schedule my flight time around someone elses wishes.

Fact of the matter is we won regardless of what the eny penalties were, so give us the planes we want to fly already.

I thought HT learned from EAs crap that appeasing the whiners is a bad idea.

Guess Not.  

I won't be here come the next billing cycle if this isn't changed.

I'm just one.  No one will miss my $14.95.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 10:22:51 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 10:26:14 PM »
I hate to have to inform you, ROCrat .... but you've played this game by someone else's rules from day one. Now the rules have changed a bit. Adapt and face the challenge, man. Seems the rest of the rookhorde did.

When they added rules to football like no roughing the kicker and stuff ..... the sport flat out died .... heh .... yeah. :D

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 10:55:32 PM »
Stop your whinning. HT made alot of changes to the game to appease all the furballers and I didn't complain. I didn't like it but I didn't complain.  Now they're trying to even the playing field by countering not just a minor imbalance but a great big worm hole of one and yet you complain because you can't fly with your 50:1 odds with your favorite perk planes.  But I guess your just like all the other selfish, self centered, it's all about me individuals who only care about them selves and not anyone elses game play or how you could careless if some one else quits because he's tired of being ganged raped 24/7 just as long as your game play isn't changed.  And what do I hear from your side? "Get over it", "change sides" or "don't let the door hit you on the way out". so i guess its CYA
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 11:03:45 PM »
i dont like the eny plane disablement thing either ...

Its wrecking squad nite ..

its feels like being punished

I pay for the game to fly the plane set, and i mean the whole plane set not just a few planes .. ill play the senarios when i want a limited planeset .

I dont think this is the correct way to balance the numbers closer .  

(<---- anouther Loooong time customer getting irritated )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 11:05:48 PM »
You didn't inform me of anything Arlo.

I'll like the "rules" or I won't.   Adapt and face the challenge?   What challenge?  What does flying planes I do not like have to do with a challenge?  I do fine in whichever plane I up, that's not the point.  I wish to up the plane I chose.  If that's not available, due to the "fairness" that is artificially imposed, then I made a mistake reupping this game.

I chose my forms of entertainment based on what I get out of it.  I do not appreciate being limited in my choices.   I am supposed to buck up and face the challenge?   LMAO  how about the whiners face the challenge of fighting whatever I decide to fly?  Wheres the call for them to face the challenge?  

Face the challenge.  That's good.  An entire arena is penalized because some cry babies will NOT face the challenge, Cannot deal with unfairness, and want to limit someone elses ability so they can get a kill or two.  

I cannot believe you suggested that.   That's rich.  I was in the arena tonight, flew Mossies.  I hate mossies, but flew them, got ample kills, took out plenty of targets, and we won the reset.  We could have won the reset had I been able to fly my B17 or my P38.   I could not.  I was penalized in the name of "fairness".  Point, and Only Point, I logged in to enjoy the game I subscibed to.  Won the reset?  Ya great, but a Minor point.  I did not enjoy the game. Like I said, it changes or I am gone.  No loss.   I'm just one guy.   Life moves on.

I will find recreation that I do enjoy.  Plenty of options, thought this was one of them.
ROC

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 11:07:56 PM »
Meddog, get a clue, it is about me.  My free time, My recreation, My entertainment, My money, My Decision.  Deal with it.
ROC

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 11:11:31 PM »
WTG ROOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aok

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 11:17:16 PM »
Yeah, you pay your money to fly whatever you want, but who cares if you out number the other side by 2 to 1.  I'm sure they're having a blast being rolled over.

If you want to fly what you want, even the sides.  Otherwise, have fun learning to fly a new plane.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 11:18:18 PM »
I have expressed my feelings on this issue in a private email to HTC.  Im not going to air my dirty laundry here, Ive enjoyed this game far too much over the years not to give them that courtesy.

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 11:25:51 PM »
i thought I did. I said you were selfish , self centered and all about me.  I'll agree with what was said above.  If you don't like the plane set change sides.
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 11:29:40 PM »
once again,

you pay for arena acesses not to fly a certain plane.  please get used to the idea.
II/JG3 DGS II