Author Topic: Memphis Belle Revised  (Read 690 times)

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Memphis Belle Revised
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:08:44 PM »
Here is the latest on my Memphis Belle skin.  I added a lot of chips/scratches to the fuselage and adjusted the squadron markings.  I also tried something new for my skins by "weathering" the rivets.  I believe it is the same technique that nopoop uses? (lightly erase some of the white rivet layer in random spots to make some rivets look new, some worn?)

It seems that I cant go any further with this skin.  The Allied Marking on the left wing mirrors from the fuselage, so if you change the position of that marking, you get whatever you changed on the fuselage in that spot.

So, I now have the squadron code and half of the Allied Star instead of the Allied Marking.  If there is any way around this, let me know.  I would love to be able to finish this skin.

The JPEG doesnt do it justice, it truly does look better in game. :D  It almost looks like theres no scratching to it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 05:23:35 PM by United »

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Memphis Belle Revised
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:32:48 PM »
Awesome :aok
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Re: Memphis Belle Revised
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:23:03 PM »
Originally posted by United
Here is the latest on my Memphis Belle skin.  I added a lot of chips/scratches to the fuselage and adjusted the squadron markings.  I also tried something new for my skins by "weathering" the rivets.  I believe it is the same technique that nopoop uses? (lightly erase some of the white rivet layer in random spots to make some rivets look new, some worn?)

It seems that I cant go any further with this skin.  The Allied Marking on the left wing mirrors from the fuselage, so if you change the position of that marking, you get whatever you changed on the fuselage in that spot.

So, I now have the squadron code and half of the Allied Star instead of the Allied Marking.  If there is any way around this, let me know.  I would love to be able to finish this skin.

The best one I seen so far for the b-17.

The JPEG doesnt do it justice, it truly does look better in game. :D  It almost looks like theres no scratching to it.

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Memphis Belle Revised
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 10:42:51 PM »
Ok... Whyd you quote me jet?  Its only 1 post above?