Author Topic: WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out  (Read 8959 times)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 02:39:06 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
file 2 corrupt 2 times now DL'ing it

bad file is 110g2 ENG.wav

OK ... I just d/l'd this and I guess it took a hit during the upload.

Either that or WinRAR screwed something up building the file.

I'll sort it out tomorrow on my main machine where I have all the originals.

Sorry ...

-DoK

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 01:34:59 PM »
Awesome sounds Waffle!  :D   W'04!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2004, 01:40:38 PM »
Great sounds Waffle, I'm really actually enjoying getting shot down, it just sounds so cool!

One thing though, this is just a personal preference, but what's the name of the sound that has the fellows talking about not having any infantry...  I find it too repetetive, no offense :)

Although, I will admit, the first time I heard it I had a great big smile across my face :D

Thanks,
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2004, 02:31:20 PM »
OK ... file #2 is now fixed on the mirror.

This file has all the LW sounds (#3 has all the US, #4 all the Allies and Japanese, #1 all the environmentals and GV's). The D-9 engine is awesome when you go into a power dive.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Also, the reason I have these big files split is to keep the server load down. If you get a bunch of folks d/l'ing a huge file over slow lines that hurts the performance. Which in turn affects the response times you get (i.e. time-outs and bad crap like that). We host a lot of stuff on the server and we like to keep the performance brisk for everyone.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 04:02:10 PM by DoKGonZo »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2004, 04:30:18 PM »
w00t! Downloaded in 8.3 seconds :c)

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2004, 05:53:44 AM »
Vudak - that sound is the warning, instead of getting the "base under attack" sound.

There are several in the pack, some humorous - you just have to rename the current warning.wav to something else, and then name whatever one you want to use to warning.wav.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2004, 08:24:55 AM »
Fixed my problem! Great sounds  Waffle ! Great job
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2004, 03:45:04 PM »
Sorry Waffle just had a squaddie point that out to me the other night lol.  I'll hand it to you, that sound's a whole lot better than the default.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2004, 03:53:54 PM »
I liked the sounds of the printle guns on gvs better before. Now they sound sorta arcade. Love all the rest of the sounds.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2004, 04:21:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm still kinda in a toss-up about the pintle gun sounds - the current one is actual sample taken from a mg34 fired in a studio anechoic chamber. This might have to do with the fact that is sounds dry and not like it's being fired in an open evirionment.

I'm making a list of small fixes right now and will add that to look at. Might just change some eq, maybe add some reverb to it and It might sound ok.

The one pintle gun sound in the previous versoin- the rate of fire audibly was alot slower. The current one actually fits the rate of fire.

Right now so far for fixes for the next version are cleaning up some engine pops / noises in the loops. fixing the pt boat - I fugged it up from previous version..lol

But like I said, I wont really have anything out patch/pack  wise until I find out if there are any new audio additions, ect with AHv2.1 and when we find out what the new planes / vehicles are.
These things are a never ending process I'm finding out - always editing, changing things, ect...think they sound good...get in game play for awhile - opps, don't like that...on and on and on.... :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 04:30:49 PM by Waffle »

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2004, 04:32:38 PM »
Btw - if anyone notices and pops or crackles in engine sounds, or other sounds - post them in this thread, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Waffle

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2004, 05:13:21 PM »
Very nice work, Waffle.

Are your flaps/gear sounds ones you don't want being used in other packs?

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2004, 06:50:38 PM »
Pretty much, I don't want any sounds that I edited for use in other soundpacks. If you use them mixed and matched on your own system, that's fine.

Just one of those things about spending time to create a soundpack from scratch and then having multiple parts of your work show up in different packs. It kind of takes the individuality of the work that someone does in editing and mixing sounds.

that's why if people like mitsu's pack and the way he hears things, they use his. If folks like yours, they use yours, If folks like mine, they use mine.

If people like parts of one and not the other, they are free to mix and match on their own pc. But if everyone doing soundpacks started taking sounds from other soundpacks and calling them "their" soundpack - there's no originality in that. No new sounds get created. That's where the fun is for me - is creating sounds.

Like I said before, it would be like doing a skin and releasing it, ony to see it somewhere with a ID number changed and maybe a squad logo added, then someone calls it their skin. When 99% of the work was done by you.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2004, 08:23:55 PM »
I agree with that.

My pack's gonna take quite a while longer. I still need extra GV sounds, plus flaps/gear for each plane.

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
WAFFLESOUNDS 2.5 out
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2004, 07:16:32 AM »
Very cool sound pack sir :aok

I love the wind sound when I dive down in my 109-E4 :D

Also the engine when dive bombing in the stuka sounded almost like a dive siren. :cool:

I had problems with the outsice engine sound tho :confused:
Before I could hear when some one sneak up on me, but now all planes fly silently around me.

A Zero came behind me, and I did not hear him even as he was D200. I have set engine sound down and externals are full up.

I am getting a new sound card today / tomorrow, I hope it helps.

If you have any ideas on the externall sounds, please tell me.

Great job, I recomend all to try this sound pack :aok