Author Topic: '60 Minutes' Documents on Bush Might Be Fake  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
LANDSLIDE BUSH!!!
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2004, 05:27:38 PM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
'60 Minutes' Documents on Bush Might Be Fake
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »
Anyone check ABC's World News Tonight? (Jennings)

It seems they interviewed 3 of the experts hired by 60 minutes to examine the memos and all three said they did not authenticate them. 1 was so concerned she sent emails the night before 60 Minutes aired the story expressing her concerns.

Of course CBS says that they relied on and were confident in what the other experts they hired said. They did not release the names of those other experts.

I will check the WNT webpage for a transcript tomorrow.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2004, 07:46:07 PM »
what's really great about the entire thing is that it has the other liberal news orgs trying to slam CBS/60minutes/Rather on this thing and by doing so they have to side with Bush :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2004, 08:05:20 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Did he say it was impossible to type a lower case l in ANY of that?
No, he did not. But remember, Katz is only one of the experts saying they look authentic.

Sooooo...Did HE say HE thought they were authentic? Yes. Are there more experts? Yes. Do YOU like what they say? No. Is that MY problem? No.

You do realise that both points you quoted were quite wrong, right RPM?

Surely you have MS Word... give this a try:

[list=1]
  • Select "Times New Roman" as a font
  • Type a "1" and then an "l" (lower case L)
  • observe the difference
  • type "11th"
  • press cntrl-z
  • observe what happens
Talk about blindly believing an "expert" who is clearly wrong even in the limited context you quoted him in.  Stop digging man.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2004, 08:40:16 PM »
Dogpile CBS, not me. You asked for a name and I gave you one. You want me to break down his opinion? No. It's not my opinion to defend. Check the other guy listed in the story. So far those are the names CBS has released. They claim to have more, but I don't have my CBS News access code laying around to tell you who they are.:)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2004, 08:42:54 PM »
RPM do you think it can be proven that the memos are fake?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2004, 08:43:23 PM »
Hey... you're the one still quoting the guy in arguments with Grunherz RPM.  Quit pretending otherwise.

The guy is wrong, but it's the best you can do so you'll stick by it.  It's not even remotely difficult to either replace an 1 with an l or to undo autoformatting... yet you quoted him on it.  The one guy that you can find who says the documents are authentic.

Like I said... stop digging.  Find something else to argue about because you're coming off as obtuse in this one.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2004, 08:48:59 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Hey... you're the one still quoting the guy in arguments with Grunherz RPM.  Quit pretending otherwise.

The guy is wrong, but it's the best you can do so you'll stick by it.  It's not even remotely difficult to either replace an 1 with an l or to undo autoformatting... yet you quoted him on it.  The one guy that you can find who says the documents are authentic.

Like I said... stop digging.  Find something else to argue about because you're coming off as obtuse in this one.

What am I suppossed to do when Grun kept misquoting the guy? Like I said, not my opinion just answering your question of name a guy.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2004, 08:51:31 PM »
Here is what a real computer and text expert, Joseph Newcomer, has to say about these forged documents..

His analysis:

http://www.flounder.com/bush2.htm

His resume:

http://www.flounder.com/resume.htm

His business website:

http://www.flounder.com/index.htm

He even debunks tis whole idea of using lower case L as a 1 in these memos.

RPM if you have even tinyest pretense of an open mind you will consider this evidence and just accept the truth, that these documents are bad forgeries.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2004, 08:53:19 PM »
I'll believe it when CBS issues a retraction.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2004, 08:55:53 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
I'll believe it when CBS issues a retraction.

And then what?  What abut all your ranting here? What about all your experts..

Read the detailed analyis I posted above and decide for yourself...  Its a clear case that the memos are forged..

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2004, 09:00:01 PM »
You do realize you were actually wrong with that one... right?

Grun used the word "impossible", he used the words "very difficult".  Grun exagerated, the person you quoted was simply wrong.  Grun was stating he was wrong, you insisted he wasn't, he was only being misquoted.

I basically expect you to try to stop arguing in this thread.  Really... you've lost and are coming off like an idiot right now.

Oh... wait... you didn't "lose", you just quoted someone who happened to be so wrong that anyone with 5 seconds and MS Word could prove it for themselves.  That's not really your fault.  And trying to argue technicalities on a misquote while completely ignoring the context is so... ummmmm.... exactly what you're accusing the republicans of doing?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »
There's blood in the water. The sharks are circling the wounded shark.

From the ABC News website:

BUSH IN THE NATIONAL GUARD

ABC's Brian Ross interviewed the two experts who CBS hired to validate the National Guard documents and reports they ignored concerns they raised prior to the CBS News broadcast. "I did not feel that they wanted to investigate it very deeply," Emily Will told Ross. "I did not authenticate anything and I don't want it to be misunderstood that I did," Linda James told Ross. Ross reports 2 experts told ABC News today that even the most advanced typewriter available in 1972 could not have produced the documents. Ross also reported that Lt. Col. Jerry Killian's secretary says she believes the documents are fake but that they express thoughts Killian believed.

In the "Inside Story" on the CBS "Evening News," John Roberts said that CBS "continues to stand by its reporting" on Bush's National Guard records. Roberts derisively said Bush "barely mentioned his service" today while appearing before the Guard association. Roberts closed by saying that Bush's goal is to turn the focus of the debate away from the questions to "those asking them."

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2004, 09:41:55 PM »
Roberts closed by saying that Bush's goal is to turn the focus of the debate away from the questions to "those asking them."

So all these questions about these documents are coming from the Bush campaign?  Does this journalist have any documents to prove that?  Or is his PC down?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2004, 09:59:24 PM »
So, all this controversy over the reportedly fraudulent documents is somehow Bush's fault? Democrats spin so much it's amazing they don't fall flat on their faces, oh wait, they have.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.