Author Topic: "Invalid Object" Error Message  (Read 179 times)

Offline pigface

• Nickel Member
      • Home Systems Integration
"Invalid Object" Error Message
« on: September 10, 2004, 07:10:40 PM »
Hi, I believe I am expeiencing a problem:
I am not sure if this should be filed under technical suoport or bug report, so I put it here.

For about the past 3 weeks, when Hosting rooms in AHII, I am now getting an error message the first time the map loads. It is "Invalid Object".

This momentarilly shows then the room opens. The efect is that bases are not properly capturable. With this I mean that normally all enemy bases in a map need to be captured to win the game/war. Now, since seeing the invalid object message, when you capture only one base, it says the war is won by the opposing team, and all bases are then reset.

When AHII first came out, prior to the editor being released, all maps worked fine. until recently all the Terrain Editor maps released by users (mostly Modified AHI maps) worked just fine.

As we join each others games, map are downloaded and usable from then on. I suspect a map with a bad object of some sort slipped throuh the terrain editor of some user and it is migrating throgh the game players. Unfortunately this seems to be miodifying all the maps in my library, and I am begining to see it in H2H game play now from other players.

I can bake my directory and reinstall it, but that wont fix the real problem where bad objects are infecting maps, and that they are migrating through the players librariies. Is there some sort of object checker that i can perform on my install, or maps? Any suggestion would be helpful.

I would be wiling to burn a copy of my install directory and any registry settings and send it in if you think this may help. I have searched the forum and asked around with no results, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

Feel free to contact me via Email if you have any questions or post here.

Thansk for the fine work,

Pigface
People who like this sort of thing, find this the sort of thig they like.