Author Topic: Until now I've never seen "Game breakers" here until now  (Read 1985 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Until now I've never seen "Game breakers" here until now
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2004, 03:09:51 PM »
One important fact that we are not privy too is the questionaire filled out when one closes an account.

There's a whole lot we don't know. I'm just gauging my response to what I have access too.

So it's all just conjecture. Who knows, a pile of closed accounts may have sighted play balance as a reason for leaving.

Personally I have no problem finding a good fight now. I can't say that was the case before the changes. So from my vantage it works well.

But numbers is my breaker. If the finger does need to be put in the dike, stick it in.

If it doesn't ?? Cool.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2004, 03:35:21 PM »
Originally posted by DuBe
I gotta agree with Zazen, DREDIOCK, and some of the others. For me personally, and from a pure "desire to play an online flightsim" perspective the initial concept of "fly whatever you want, whenever you want" is a major hook. What I found to be the major appeal of this game (and, at least one of it's predecessors) was the fact that there were very few rules, and that the gameplay situation used to evolve almost organically. Sometimes the chips were down, but hey, sometimes they were up. They challenge of gameplay was constantly evolving. What didn't change was the ability to do whatever the heck you wanted in whatever ride to wanted in response to the situation.

This is the 1st time I've chimed in on this topic, and probably will be the last. Usually when I'm dissatisfied with a product, I simply cease buying it. However, I also derive tremendous satisfaction from things that are peripheral to the on-line flying here. Things like working with the squad I'm involved with. So here I remain. If not for the squad, and the friendships that have come with that, I might be more inclined to cancel. Judging from Zazen's numbers it seems many others are struggling with the same descision. (I've seen in a general way the decrease in participation he alludes to) The danger here for HTC is a lot more cut and dry than many have eluded to here. For alot of pilots in AH, it's likely to be a very simple consumer descision: "If I like the product, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't anymore." Forget about the whining, It can be very misleading as to the success or failure of any of Dale's decisions. Arena participation and cancelled subscriptions are the litmus test.

Good luck to all.

!
DuBe

Very good post Dube! Don't be a stranger in these forums, we need more rational, cool heads in here! It helps counter-act the irrational, hot-headed fan boys!

Zazen
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 03:38:53 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2004, 03:43:46 PM »
Originally posted by dracon
...Yeppers and if things were left to people with that mentality.....we'd all be speakin' German!...

Do you see the stupidity in correlating a side balancing scheme in a video game to nazi germany conquering the world?  I do.

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2004, 05:27:32 PM »
Ah is getting tired, and I don't know why, for me.

I hardly play anymore.

It's not like a conquered anything. Maybe I', just outgrowing it, or maybe it's because there is nothing new to the gameplay.

*shrugs*

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2004, 07:00:05 PM »
Still think we lose/lost more people to -

1) Needing new hardware.
2) Lack of change in gameplay, after all is it still really AH1 with a few bells and whistles.
3) Some people were expecting more from AH2 than has currently been delivered.
4) The numbers imbalance.

Without knowing numbers (only HT has) we will never know. You can say you check all times, but unless your on 24hrs day/7 days a week etc, your only getting a snapshot.
I seem to remember someone posting screenies showing supposedly why ENV wasn't working. On closer examination of field numbers, darbars etc, they turned out to be showing nothing of the sort.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 07:03:23 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2004, 07:14:36 PM »
Kev:
"Still think we lose/lost more people to -

1) Needing new hardware.
2) Lack of change in gameplay, after all is it still really AH1 with a few bells and whistles.
3) Some people were expecting more from AH2 than has currently been delivered.
4) The numbers imbalance"

1) This part I don't understand, sorry I just don't.
2) You noticed,  I knew I wasn't blind
3) Can ya blame them
4) Numbers will shift up & down anyways {IMO}

Good points tho

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2004, 09:14:04 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I respectfully dissagree.
I have seen very little  difference in arena balance Ratio wise.
What I HAVE seen is fewer people on.
The other night for example only 1 country of the 3 had more then 100 players on during primtime.
I forget which country had which but the numbers were like 120 ,75 82
Ratio wasnt much different then it normally is but the numbers up were very different to what I'm used to
An oddity I think that is becomming more and more common.

Same here dred.
It is more subdued in the MA. as soon as the eny sanctions are activated you will see players from the number advantage country logoff...NOT switching sides.
Im not sure about anyone else. But my Flight log is rather slim these days. Just getting tired of the complicated approach to the balance issue. It could be so much simpler.
Salute.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2004, 04:04:40 AM »
MOIL - I meant that we have, even albeit temporarily or permanently, lost people until they can afford to upgrade their current system.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2004, 04:11:37 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
MOIL - I meant that we have, even albeit temporarily or permanently, lost people until they can afford to upgrade their current system.

Kev:
"1) Needing new hardware"

I see

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2004, 06:09:38 PM »
MA numbers are way down in the past few weeks.  We didnt lose very many in the AH2 conversion, at least not noticably so as the MA numbers continued to grow.  For two weeks numbers have been about 1 year ago quantities.

We had to increase the MA limit to above 500 six months ago.  Last night (the dreaded Sunday), I never saw it above 450, and a few weeks ago it was typical to see 500+ without fail

Today at 7pm EST we are at 245.  Thats pretty low for prime time

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2004, 06:16:23 PM »
It's school time again.

More time needed for study.

Less time for Aces High.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2004, 02:01:43 AM »
Did it occur to anyone that some people might have quit quietly once they'd realised that the composition of the AH player base includes a great many selfish a-holes, and that they have no desire to play alongside people like that?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2004, 02:03:43 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Did it occur to anyone that some people might have quit quietly once they'd realised that the composition of the AH player base includes a great many selfish a-holes, and that they have no desire to play alongside people like that?

how can one be "selfish" as an AH customer?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2004, 02:06:01 AM »
This should be fun.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2004, 02:41:46 AM »
"But I agree with you. That particular RPS (peril's RPS) was bad news, and played no small part in why I left shortly before you did."

many new planes "over there" now including he111 and 4 new japanese fighters ( ki44 ki61 with cannons j2m2 j2m3)

rumors say we get more japanese and russian planes in future release.

Flight models are tweaked every version.
Problem is historical adversaries does not
update at the same time though.

New ETO kicks bellybutton ( thanks to steve and some other guys )
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera