Author Topic: News Posted  (Read 545 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
News Posted
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2000, 07:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by Maverick:
Easy solution to perk plane / vehicle problem. Let everyone who has a valid account fly whatever plane they want. No more perk plane problem!

Mav

Perk planes, a solution still searching for a problem.

Sure, so you want to give everyone a Tempest, a Ta152, a P51H, a P47M, a B29, a TigerII, etc etc etc...

Its easy...we want to see those planes modelled (Hell YES), then it only can be by any means of make them hard to get.

Perk planeset is a way...another is a Rolling plane set (I am all for a HA with a RPS, BTW). since, IIRC, HT has stated sometime that he doesnt like a RPS, then we must go with a perk plane system.

or not go with them at all.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
News Posted
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2000, 08:55:00 PM »
Ram,

Point one. you aren't playing.

Point two. Everyone flying what they want is in force now. They are paying for it and they can fly whatever plane is set in the game.

Point three. You still aren't paying or playing. buh bye

(not that I disagree with why you left either)

Mav

Perk planes are STILL a solution in search of a problem.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
News Posted
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2000, 09:14:00 PM »
Look for a LW that howls whenever he gets shot down....shouldn't be too hard.

For confirmation, shoot said person down while you fly a N1K.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
News Posted
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2000, 09:14:00 PM »
In few words, that I dont play doesnt make me automatically unable to give my opinion.

And you forget one last point:

Point four: HTC has chosen to implement a perk plane system. That will be what you will have in two versions from now. Like it or not, will be this way. People will be paying for a standard planeset PLUS a perk planeset, that they will freely fly offline, on the TA and in some scenarios, but will have to earn their rights to fly it on the MA by earning points.

Take it or leave it, because this system "en force" like you say, is about to change.

Oh-and again. I'm gone from the Arenas but not from the forums. So dont be so fast in say bye ok?  

And now, lets go with a more constructive thing  

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 11-30-2000).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
News Posted
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »
 Baack to making planes    

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
News Posted
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »
That is the easy solution Mav, but it doesn't remove restrictions, it just shifts them.  The restriction becomes what planes we can or can't put into the game since there are no controls.  In that case it just means leaving out a lot interesting planes that a lot of people are interested in.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
News Posted
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2000, 02:26:00 AM »
Hi Pyro,
 Just a quickie,  

Will the scenarios be exempt from the perk system? What I mean is if someone set up one of the late war bomber raids on Berlin as a scenario for instance would people who are exempt from flying the 262 in the MA for example be eligible for one in the scenario?

(Please say yes)  

TTFN
snafu

------------------
  snafus Homepage

[This message has been edited by snafu (edited 12-01-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
News Posted
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2000, 02:27:00 AM »
pyro, some pilots can rearm/refuel and live forever with the existing planes. Talking about the Sir Robin P-51's. Imagine same pilots in a Spit XIV or similar plane that really has no disadvantage.

Or, take a carefully planned 9./JG 54 squad mission - we do a lot of squad missions and the squad is what makes AH so good for me. Along comes one uber plane and he  doesn't even have to shoot us down to kill the mission.

And of course he can rtb and refuel.

We can move to another area, and there's likely to be someone that has earned enough for some perk plane. Same problem.

Lots of people will like the perk planes, no doubt. Some people decidely won't. I wish HTC good luck with this and all other projects and hope you come up with a way of retaining the "I was there" feeling and the feeling of a level playing field - no matter what plane I am in I still feel that my aicraft has SOME advantage over the rest in the current planeset. It's my hope that this doesn't go away as the perk planes arrive.

<S!>

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
while(!bishRookQueue.isEmpty() && loggedOn()){
30mmDeathDIEDIEDIE(bishRookQueue.removeFront());
System.out.println("LW pilots are superior");
myPlane.performVictoryRoll();
}

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
News Posted
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2000, 04:38:00 AM »
I'm just wondering what's gonna stop this scenario:

Dweeb 1 (bish) calls dweeb 2 (knight) and asks him for some help getting a perk plane. Dweeb 2 ups from a field in a F4U-1C whilst dweeb 1 flies over in his macchi 202. Dweeb 2 allows himself to be pinged once then augers, and repeats, giving dweeb 1 a huge number of perk points...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
News Posted
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2000, 04:45:00 AM »
Hi

Nothing at all I suppose.  

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
News Posted
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
Hehehe, Citabria has already tested that strategy

hd & r !!!

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
News Posted
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
 You know. There is no one here who takes off and isn't summarily shot down at some point.  If a pilot can reamr two, three or even four times. So effing what?  Shoot the bastidge down. Period.  Be it in an F2 Buffaloe or an ME-262.
 Stop worrying about being cannon fodder, cause we all are already any how. And don't worry about pilot xxxx getting to have a Spiticane MXCIV and being invulnerable, because they won't be.

-Westy

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
News Posted
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2000, 06:58:00 PM »
Westy id like to invite you on the first official 'PERK PATROL'  
we get a bunch together and we hunt the bastiges down  what a laugh that will be...hell we'll do it in zero's and kamakazi them on the rearm pads  
its gonna be hard to live for long with packs out for your blood

hazed

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
News Posted
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2000, 08:12:00 PM »
 I am in on that Hazed!!    Course I can try to nail the bastidge(s) but doesn't mean that I'll succeed.  

Duma,  as for the guy who artificially racks up points with an accomplice to get a perk ride. Honestly? <shrug> No biggy. He'll lose it within five minutes of wheels up when he runs into the first enemy bogy that isn't his accomplice and summarily gets his butt shot down.  I couldn't fathom any of the "vets" or hot sticks having to resort to this method to get a perk ride. If they did. Not a big deal again. For me, the .50cal, 30mm or 20mm that shot me down yesterday wouldn't really mean any more or any less if it came from a TA-152 rather than a 190-A5. I hit terra-firma re-appear in the tower and re-launch again in a brand spanking new un-uber ride.
 But it would be a thrill to try a P47M, Tempest or TA-152 for when I might get enough perk points accumulated.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 12-01-2000).]

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
News Posted
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2000, 01:22:00 AM »
I can see it now in the buffer:

"YOU F#&KING PERK HUNTING DWEEB!!!"

Can hardly wait