Author Topic: ! lameplay  (Read 2487 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
! lameplay
« on: September 15, 2004, 09:41:23 AM »
An excerpt from 10 minutes of gameplay in ma...."spawn...bang! Well that didnt work...uhhhhhhhhh  spawn ne...bang bang! tower still looks the same.....oh well ill try a plane...man those guys were at 8k a second ago. .......Yeah i see them, thanks for the check six....man hoed takin off the runway from 190..well at least the ack got him. "------I did manage to get in the air and kill 4 gangers in my zeke, but rest assured they came back with more reinforcements to stop that nonsense. Gameplay stinkin up the ma. Think Ill go see how many times it takes me spawnin to kill those campers. coffee has me ranting..where's the decaff?....Wow 10 kills in an la5! who landed those? He must be a heck of a shot.

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
      • http://dflw.2ya.com
! lameplay
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 10:03:22 AM »
i wonder if this is about vulcing

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 11:04:35 AM »
MA gameplay needs some thinking about.

presently it sucks
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 11:33:11 AM »
Spose you can throw this one in as well -
3 Tiffs (ours) come across 2x51s and 1 190 heading towards our base at 19k.
Eventually they turn to attack (we assumed), after around 30 sec of an attempted engagement they hit the deck and run for home.

Been 'surprised' at the amount of people currently avoiding fights inbound to a field to go right down the runway for a vultch. Then it's over the top down the runway again, rinse and repeat until they either get nailed or manage to run away on the deck.

Mechanic - True, but in reality only we (the community) can change it.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 11:39:45 AM »
Been 'surprised' at the amount of people currently avoiding fights inbound to a field to go right down the runway for a vultch. Then it's over the top down the runway again, rinse and repeat until they either get nailed or manage to run away on the deck.

Not surprizing to me ... we had a whole thread devoted to this behaviour.

Some actually believe that this is an acceptable attack, and it appears that it is getting popular ... sounds like a lot of fun to me ... NOT !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
      • http://dflw.2ya.com
! lameplay
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 11:47:30 AM »
I have 1 set oppinion on vulching...

Only do it if your trying to goon a feild and you need to protect the goons.

Otherwize your just cheating your self, And youl end up being realy bad at one on one's

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 11:50:28 AM »
Agreed Slapshot.
Actually sat in field ack and got 9 kills as the opposing team was too interested in just vulching.
You would think after 1 or 2 someone would take the manned ack out, but no.
Is it just me or has this only really started happening on a large scale since AH2?

Personally I will only vultch once all the airborne cons have been despatched. Starting with LALAs.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
! lameplay
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 11:51:45 AM »
What kind/type of "gameplay" would be more "fun" or less disapointing?

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 11:54:02 AM »
What kind/type of "gameplay" would be more "fun" or less disapointing?
One where people actually enagaged and fought each other.  One where air combat was actually the goal.:aok

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
! lameplay
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 12:10:03 PM »
Ok,  but that's not the goal of the war {as I was told} The goal is to get the reset and win, no one said you have to dogfight in order to take a base or get the reset.
Just playing devils advocate here, not saying these are not valid points or you or anyone else doesn't deserve a good dogfight.

First, one side has too many numbers/players, second, we have this ENY thing, third, a lot where complaining about the MA just being "furball" central with no goals or strategic significance?

Just trying to understand,  and no I don't have the magic solution for the perfect MA balance of fun. Hoping others will provide insight into what is "fun" gameplay or is everyone not reading from the same book.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 12:24:01 PM »
Dunno MOIL,
I think a lot more people are now playing for score/rank and forgetting to have fun.
Can't put my finger on it but AH2 is certainly way different in gameplay than AH1.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 12:24:09 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
One where people actually enagaged and fought each other.  One where air combat was actually the goal.:aok

:aok
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
! lameplay
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 01:09:46 PM »
New guys go immediately into Bore N Zoom, its the only fight they know.  More new guys need to get taught how to fight at a disadvantage and so wont be afraid to fight.  Rather than panic when they lose their 5k alt adv.

I cant understand their thinking, personally i find fighting and winning at a disadvantage far more fun and satisfying than bore n zoom/cherrypicking.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 01:35:27 PM »
Its disappointing to see some of the gameplay in AH, I'm not talking about the attitudes either, thats another discussion entirely.

With the exception of the 'one pass, haul a**' horde monkeys, I've only had a couple memorable fights this past week with a 2 or 1v1. The skill level seems to have definitely diminished a bit, I suck in AH, but these guys are making me look better.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
! lameplay
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 01:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
New guys go immediately into Bore N Zoom, its the only fight they know.  More new guys need to get taught how to fight at a disadvantage and so wont be afraid to fight.  Rather than panic when they lose their 5k alt adv.

I cant understand their thinking, personally i find fighting and winning at a disadvantage far more fun and satisfying than bore n zoom/cherrypicking.

Yep.  Flying at a disadvantage - that's the way I usually fly.  Just check my scores.