Author Topic: Rather acknowledges--there are serious questions about the authenticity of the docs  (Read 2651 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
So, when will Rather answer these "serious questions" regarding the fraud he helped perpetrate?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Write in? Right..... Your vote, for say, Kermit, would accomplish what?

Because if everyone did that, there would be a vote for Kermit, a vote for Fozzy, a vote for Miss Piggy and etc.

Actually, that's not so bad... it's the same thing.

Your lack of a vote, and the lack of millions of votes, might say to *somebody*.... *somewhere*.... "Okay, maybe the Washington instruction book on how to win friends and influence people might not be that great". "Maybe I actually have a sporting chance against the clowns."

It may make the entire thing somewhat accessable to the types of people that we actually kind of fantasize about voting for.

Being in Cali and casting a useless vote for Kerry does what?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
I'm going to assume that CBS is protecting the Kerry campaign team by their refusal to reveal the criminals that committed this sleezy act. Who's with me?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Originally posted by Nash

Being in Cali and casting a useless vote for Kerry does what?

I was born In California. I remember when Reagan was Gov. You think votes are useless? Nash, you make little sense.

(not to mention that California is pro Kerry)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 11:13:46 PM by NUKE »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by NUKE
So, even though I can vote for anyone I want, I am limited?

Nash loses everytime he tries to argue with me because he does not use his head.

My dog could win arguement based on your reply above....

Why dont go back and re-read what's written a few times and give it a chance to sink in.

Here is a clue:

The choice of "no-one" is as valid as any other. Deciding that the choice of "no one" is "out of bounds" limits your choices.

No matter how many choices you think you have I have the same +1 (no one).

I know its tough but keep trying you may actually understand it someday.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Originally posted by Wotan
My dog could win arguement based on your reply above....

Why dont go back and re-read what's written a few times and give it a chance to sink in.

you really got me there!

I have a choice to vote for whoever I wish, and you are telling me I have limited choices?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
I was born In California. I remember when Reagan was Gov. You think votes are useless? Nash, you make little sense.

(not to mention that California is pro Kerry)

Non-sequitur. And juggle Bush for Kerry there or many places elsewhere. Same diff.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
you really got me there!

I have a choice to vote for whoever I wish, and you are telling me I have limited choices?

The phrase:

you can limit your choices however you wish

Does not equate to:

you have limited choices

As I suspect you just not able to understand what it is you are reading.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
I could be wrong.... but the fact that Nuke is the only dog in this fight (as opposed to the usual pile) is telling....

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Still wondering when CBS will come clean.

Sure hope Skuzzy censors you guys coming out of the closet off topic posts. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't want you all to be embarrased about admitting you're gay after the alcohol wears off.   :p

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by AKIron
Sure hope Skuzzy censors you guys coming out of the closet off topic posts.

Whatever...

Something more interesting to talk about happened. So folks started talking about it instead. If folks still wanted to talk about whatever it was originally, that woulda got talked about instead of that. But it turns out it was more boring. Or it reached some kind of finality.

I don't get this OT stuff...

Whaddya, anyways... the hall monitor?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Just havin' a little fun Nash. Not like I was forging anything, sheesh. If he does mark your posts as off topic maybe you'll get the joke.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
CBS doesnt need to come clean at this point for the truth to be known. They need to to save their reputation.

Its pretty clear where CBS got the memos,  Bill Burkett

http://www.onlinejournal.com/Commentary/082504Burkett/08-25-04_Burkett.pdf

He has as much as admitted it

I know from your files that we have now reassembled, the fact that you did not fulfill your oath, taken when you were commissioned to "obey the orders of the officers appointed over you". I know that you not only lied to the American people in 1994, but have lied consistently since then. Mr. Bush, not every serviceman except you is incompetent. When you failed to show up as ordered for duty, they simply recorded the truth. And the truth was, they didn't think you were especially important enough to jeopardize their own careers to cover for your absence by fraudulently counting you as present in any piece of documentation when you clearly were not present. Now Mr. Bush, we have finally confirmed the truth concerning your failure to complete your minimum satisfactory drill participation in 1972 and 1973. Yes, you did receive an honorable discharge, and, for whatever reason, someone in Texas did cover your "six" on that one. And someone in June of 1997 also tried to cover your "six" by making sure that the counseling statements and other files, which explained the reason you were grounded, did not survive a records scrub.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
"I know from your files that we have now reassembled"

Wondering who the "we" is?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Oh, he probably will. It will wipe out 3/4 of the posts in here.

It will render dozens of man-hours of labour, not to mention the junk soul searching, desperate reaches into the unknown, new but insignificant insights, and the significant insights.....

....into digital nothingness.

Maybe not a big loss.

I get the joke though (so nothing personal - I was kidding)... but it's a sore spot.

As far as I'm concerned thars a reason why you posted what you did, and thars a reason I am posting a response to it. It may have nothing to do with the orginal post, but it's where we ended up.

Again, if the grip of the original post still had any strength left to it, we wouldn't be here talking about this. We'd be talking about that.

So... but... we aren't allowed to talk about this just because?

Ahh,.. wotev...

9 am tmmrw this entire thing won't have ever happened.