Author Topic: <fld> is on non-flat terrain  (Read 2084 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
<fld> is on non-flat terrain
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:43:45 PM »
I was using the object report button and noticed that I had a number of fields that are on non-flat terrain...  I been trying to adjust the elevation to fix this but don't seem to be having any luck fixing the issue....

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 02:34:36 PM »

Select all the vortices on the tile your field is on then put the proper altitude in the set alt box and right-click, or just click the flatten terrain button.
 Some objects such as shore batteries are ok on non-flat terrain.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 02:35:37 PM »
Make sure all 6 points per grid that the field is on are selected. Set the altitude in the TE then right click on the selected grid.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 02:57:27 PM »
or you can delete the field then place it where it was, it automatically levels the terrain, though it might make your maproom be on unlevel terrain (only need to worry about that if your maproom is i a town)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 03:11:01 PM »
thanks

Offline MrSmog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 11:39:09 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Make sure all 6 points per grid that the field is on are selected. Set the altitude in the TE then right click on the selected grid.
I Believe you meant to say all 9 points:D

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 05:10:04 AM »
Originally posted by MrSmog
I Believe you meant to say all 9 points:D
What you expect me to actually count now? :)

Yep, 9 is what I meant.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:35:43 AM »
Can someone confirm that it is OK to put shore batteries on non level terrain. It seems to work, but the TE's error checking doesn't like it.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 05:52:47 AM »
Originally posted by Greebo
Can someone confirm that it is OK to put shore batteries on non level terrain. It seems to work, but the TE's error checking doesn't like it.
Yes you can, but I usually don't put them on non-level terrain. At the very least I level out one corner of the grid they are in.

In any case, what error are you getting in the TE? To test it, I just placed a SB on a 45 degree slope and receive no error when checking the terrain.

If you're getting the non-flat terrain error, you probably have the shore batteries set as Group Master when they should be Gun Bat.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:57:38 AM by NHawk »

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 06:41:57 AM »
I had them set to hard gun bat, which I had read was the correct setting in an old thread. Changing to gun bat solved the problem. Thanks again NHawk.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »
Originally posted by Greebo

It's okay as long as Skuzzy is not going to build it. It's fine for H2H. It's got something to do with GVs falling through where the SB intersects with the sloped terrain.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »
Bugger.....its for an MA terrain and I just finished repositioning all the SBs on sloping terrain. Thanks for the clarification though Dux.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »
Originally posted by Dux
It's okay as long as Skuzzy is not going to build it. It's fine for H2H. It's got something to do with GVs falling through where the SB intersects with the sloped terrain.

Somebody is behind in times;)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 03:03:45 PM »
Really, Raptor... what did I miss? It would be great if there's been a change...
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »
I think his reference is to H2H being dead.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com