Author Topic: Superfly.. Natedog.. I wish we had some info..  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Superfly.. Natedog.. I wish we had some info..
« on: September 27, 2004, 01:45:43 PM »
... some info on which planes are scheduled to get a makeover under the new standards at approximately when.

Something like "I think the Fw190s and B-17s will be the first to get new models, since these will be planes used in the new ToD" would help in planning out which skins to take a go and which not.

Since seeing the Ki-84, and HT's comment that all planes will be upgraded to that standards.. and will also have reasonable texturing, I've given up a lot of skinning ideas because I'm just not sure which plane skins will be dumped and get new standards just when.

Personally, since the ToD is known to feature the days of the "Mighty 8th" first, I am guessing that all the 190s and US bombers will probably be the first ones to get new exteriors and interiors. (since the 190s are really outdated)..

But for instance, what about the 109s? The 109s recently met a change in exteriors/interiors in AH2. However, the 109s are also key players in the European Theater.

Does this mean the 109 exteriors and interiors will change again? Or, will it be the last to receive interior/exterior upgrades since it recently received one?

Does that mean the skinning method will be changed, and I'll have to re-skin that plane soon, or can I still make 109 skins and hope that it'll be at least used for 6 months before it gets dumped?

These uncertainties are influencing me deeply, and I don't know which planes skins are "safe for submission", or "no point, since it'll be soon upgraded".

If, there was only some info on which planes are scheduled to be upgraded first at least in the next 1 year term, I'd happily start skinning the others which will be upgraded much later than that. :o

As it is, I don't know whether I should bother to gather info and go skinning things.. Personally, I was very much looking forward to introducing more 190 skins(especially A-8s), but I'm kinda discouraged right now.

Much obliged if the HTC developers can comment on this.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 03:39:58 PM »
Very good question Kweassa!

Been thinking the same thing myself!

(Not that I need the info for skinning :o )
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 05:13:58 PM »
I went ahead and gave up on skinning. I will wait until the new planes will start arriving.

I think at the rate they are going to be released and redone will allow me to do a skin if I chose, plus would allow me to develop a sound folder for each airplane. This would allow me time to focus on one plane at a time, allowing for greater varieince and time to tweak audio for each plane.

I just wish they would hurry up and get here :)

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 06:02:15 AM »
<-
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 04:42:43 PM »
We don't have a set schedule as to which planes get remade first.  Transferring any work you've completed on an old skin to the new format may not be too big of a deal (but I'm only guessing).  I'm sorry, but I can't give you any real answer on this right now.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
Re: Superfly.. Natedog.. I wish we had some info..
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 05:50:31 PM »
Hi superfly!!!!!!:D

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 04:02:40 AM »
We don't have a set schedule as to which planes get remade first. Transferring any work you've completed on an old skin to the new format may not be too big of a deal (but I'm only guessing). I'm sorry, but I can't give you any real answer on this right now.

Thanks for the replies Superfly.

But surely, you guys wouldn't decide on that each new plane by coin toss or throwing darts???

Anyway, in that case, is HTC still receving skin submissions? If so, will we be notified if HTC isn't receiving any more skins of a certain plane, due to remodelling/upgrading to new standards?

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 04:32:33 PM »
Yes we're still accepting skins as far as I know.  True, we don't do a coin toss, but plans can change at any time due to a myriad of circumstances.  It's one of the reasons we don't answer 'when' questions.  The community will most likely get notification when we've begun to rework an old plane, but I don't think we'll be telling people to stop working on skins; unless we've hit a limit to submissions for a particular plane.
For example, I wouldn't spend your efforts on the p51d at this point because we've gotten so many approved submissions, that I'm not sure we'll be able to use them all.  I could be wrong though. ;)
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 03:57:53 PM »
Yes, skin submissions are still being accepted.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 02:30:25 AM »
Isn't the La5 the oldest plane at this point?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 01:07:40 PM »
I believe the B17 is the oldest original plane in the set.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com