Author Topic: Completely bizzare problem  (Read 628 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Completely bizzare problem
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 12:26:27 AM »
I'm using a loan-er power supply at the moment anyone suggest/recommend some specs and brands?  I've never had to purchase a power supply before and I think I may be in a little over my head.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 03:00:18 AM »
I used to have almost the same problem you describe.

Downloaded Motherboard monitor and noticed my graphics card was getting seriously hot, my motherboard would automatically reset when it reached 105 degrees.  Added another fan to the PC.....no more problem.

Yeah I know, doesn't explain the weird drives issue you have, just thought I'd mention it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 06:34:33 AM »
Hard to wrong with an Antec power supply.  Generally speaking, for today's systems, I use the Antec TruPower 480W supply.  It will power all but the very extreme systems just fine.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 10:40:23 AM »
Look at your HD, get the serial #'s & anything else that looks important. Call your manufacturer. Get an RMA # (return merchandise authorization). Most major HD manufacturers (Western Digital, Maxtor, Quantum, etc) have excellent RMA policies. If the HD isn't something they carry anymore, they'll send you the smallest that's available. It's not uncommon to RMA a 10g HD and get a 40g HD in the mail 2 days later. Install the new HD, put the old one the box, send the box back to the manufacturer. I think at most it costs you shipping (could still be pre-paid, but I dunno for sure). I've also known people who remove old, working HD's, get an RMA #, and repeatedly hitting the old HD with a rubber coated mallet (no scratches) before sending it back in.

Indy007
ShiznotZ!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 02:56:32 PM »
oh I know about RMA's a good chunk of my day at work is spent trying to get them out of manufacturers.. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.