Author Topic: turn ack range to ground vehicles back up  (Read 290 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
turn ack range to ground vehicles back up
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2000, 08:35:00 PM »
Hi

The 37mm in the Ostwind wasn't belt fed, so at least model the time it takes to put in a new strip of ammo after 12 rounds or so, sorry I cant quite remember how many it held.I cant see any reason why this cant be done as the panzer models a somewhat realistic reloading time.

thanks GRUNHERZ

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2000, 09:49:00 PM »
"Its my belief (and please post otherwise if you disagree) that if you move spawn points out and enable some sort of field defense you will only increase the historical accuracy of the game. Osties will NOT be able to approach a base with near impunity. This is the major problem right now."
-Dingy

turn up the acks range vs ground vehicles
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2000, 10:14:00 PM »
Hi

I agree with that Citabria, remember how it was in the last map where tanks often had to cross some hills to get to most A bases. Now there is almost no point to attacking them cuz theyll just respawn so close to the field. And you ostidweeb cheerleaders plese dont tell me just to kill the VH where they are comnig from as probanly 90% of the time when these max effort ost attacks are happening everyone is involved in trying to fend them off with planes cuz the A fiels vh is usally closed.

thanks GRUNHERZ

eskimo

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2000, 01:35:00 AM »
Gee;
I've always figured that no one was closing the attacker's VH because they were having so much fun hosing Osties and Panzies.  

I have seen a dozen or so fighters and buffs defend against ground vehicle attack from the same base practically all night, night after night.  One buff can reach the VH in just a few minutes.  It's like a bunch of guys bailing out a boat while no one fixes the hole...

I love the quick action that the spawn points  provide.  I also love how I don't have to climb to 20K just to joust.

eskimo

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2000, 06:06:00 AM »
Isn't there one of Murphy's Laws stating "if you are in range, so is the enemy" - for grunts, that is.

It seems laughable that the Ostwind with its 37mm can fire, but the ack crew with their 40's cannot.

Just set 40mm to a wee bit more than Osties range. That way, the pnz is still safe, and is more needed. AND the poor Otto's get to fire back.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2000, 06:26:00 PM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
Isn't there one of Murphy's Laws stating "if you are in range, so is the enemy" - for grunts, that is.

It seems laughable that the Ostwind with its 37mm can fire, but the ack crew with their 40's cannot.

Just set 40mm to a wee bit more than Osties range. That way, the pnz is still safe, and is more needed. AND the poor Otto's get to fire back.

Whats really funny, is the range is turned so far down on the acks, M3's can get within gun range before it starts firing. Guess what? An M3 can kill the ack by itself! (coupled with the external view for range adjustment) I'm guilty of doin this myself, but given the spraying nature of the M2 mount, it takes quite a bit of ammo to kill 3 or 4 acks.

- Jig