Author Topic: Back and Forth...Back and Forth...Back...  (Read 838 times)

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Back and Forth...Back and Forth...Back...
« on: October 12, 2004, 01:02:02 AM »
Ok so im really have problems when im 200-400 yrds away from someone and the do the "Zig Zag" where they sway left, then they sway right...left...right.....left ...right.....left...right...y ou guys know what im talking about i hope

Well i can spray from full ammo load to empty 200 yrds away and not hit the guy who is just flying foward and zig zaging. How do you do it? I am infront before he turns left and pulls back on the stick doesnt work, i aim did on miss, i aim above miss....i can no score a hit.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:24:48 AM »
Don't move... stay straight and shoot them as they cross a middle point.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 01:27:03 AM »
i tried that too i let them zig zag and wait till they come to me, while holding down the tigger and only get like 1 ping on them. You have any videos?

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 02:49:57 AM »
Watch him to see the pattern... then when he zigs anticipate the zag and fire.
Best i have is fireing when he is before making a change in dir to where he is now... he ll move away from that point and back into the bullets.
Also works to fly closer or further away, sometimes just follow and varry distance till he gets bored of zigzag and his hand hurts... then he pulls a more sustained move and you get a shot.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 10:54:39 AM »
hmm, dont think I have any AH2 film on this, but usually I just hang back and do a minimal amount of turning.  Squeeze off a few rounds when I see a passing shot (usually when they cross center, or are rolling into the next zig.

More often than not if you control your own speed to keep some distance all their jinking will run them out of energy to where they can barely turn anymore or even crash.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 11:00:52 AM »
I got 3 films that might help, I just need someone to host them, any takers?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 11:17:30 AM »
You can just send them to me via e-mail DVDAOz@aol.com

you can send them indiviually or zipped together.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 09:43:31 AM »
First off what your describing I'd call a "scissors" move. It works best when the plane doing the scissors has a roll rate advantage. And the plane behind is higher/faster with a high closing speed.

Second, biggest danger for you in that situation is that you'll overshoot. So watch your distance carefully.

Next, I'll bank to make them think I'm going to follow the bait, watch in my up/forward view. When I see them crossing back line them up for a snap shot.

Then roll the other way & setup again.

Ussually if you can get some hits on them you'll damage something enough to make them an easy target.

Offline MnkyMeat

• Zinc Member
Keep it steady man
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 04:38:19 PM »
Hey DVDA

the trick to landing hits while the target is weaving is to aim where he is going to be fire a short or medium burst and let him fly right through it. . . .

you can see it in this film i made a while ago.
Im in a tempest chasing down a 262 I have an E advantage for the moment so Im gaining slowly on him,,,  I use some short burst to get him to manouver to drop more E and wait for him to be in the right spot to fire... ..

Juts let them do it for you,.....  

I hope this is the kind of zigzag  you mean

check this film out:
Victory Film

its a hires Quicktime file so give it time to download.

MonkeyMeat

Goodluck
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 04:46:03 PM by MnkyMeat »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 12:52:28 AM »
DVDA,
did ya get the films? if ya did hoped they helped ya

how are you doing now, have you seen any improvement?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 01:00:06 AM »
yeah i downloaded them but i cant get them to run, for some reason when i download other people's film it doesnt work.

i doubt you have the movies in Avi or mpeg?

...almost forgot meat, i really cant see it well, you have anything from inside the cockpit view?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 01:04:14 AM »
rgr DVDA, I emailed same films to KONG and he said he was able to view them all very well :-(  

all the films you download / are refering to are they all zipped? or mixed some zipped some not?

maybe losing packets during downloading files, you using any accelerator software?

sorry you have not been able to view them, maybe get you a  alternate email besides AOL, aol maybe fouling up your downloads of films.just a thought

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 01:20:11 AM »
all films i've downloaded havent work except for Levithan's lucky 13

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 10:50:21 AM »
For films, make sure your using the correct film viewer, the current one for AH2. If you had a shortcut made for it be sure it still doesn't point to the AH1 viewer. Also, if clicking on the film itself generates an error, try opening up the film viewer first and then from inside the viewer open the film you want to see.
It might also have something to do with custom skins.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54