Author Topic: Some things to make your training easier  (Read 964 times)

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Some things to make your training easier
« on: March 20, 2000, 04:06:00 PM »
Hi all,

I've always tried to stop by the TA everytime I log on and ask if anyone needs any help.  Often guys are in there just messing around or working on something with there squad mates which is fine.  Every so often I get a new guy that wants some help with the basics.  With this in mind I'd like to put out some things that will make that training more rewarding for the trainee.

1.  Tell the trainer what exactly what you would like help with.  It's much easier for us to tailor our training if you can give us some idea of what you want to work on.

2.  Be prepared to sit in the tower for a little while while the trainer discusses what he is trying to teach you.  I know that everyone wants to get into the air and start mixing it up, but 15 minutes of discussion can really shorten the time it takes for you to grasp a new concept.

3.  Do not get frustrated if it doesn't seem that you are grasping the concepts the trainer is trying to teach you.  Remember this is the training arena, and it is the place to make mistakes.  All of these trainers spent years and alot of money    learning the tricks of the trade in ACM, don't expect to learn it all in 30 min.

4.  And finally come back often.  In Warbirds I often stop by the TA for a brush up lesson or when I wan't to learn a new method or plane I normally don't fly

Sharky
Ace High Training Staff

------------------
You can run, but you just die tired.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Some things to make your training easier
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2000, 07:40:00 PM »
Preach on, Bother!   You are exactly right!