Author Topic: dive bombing?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
dive bombing?
« on: December 08, 2001, 06:41:00 PM »
i love the P47, i was woundering if my tatics were wrong?

I get alot of alt and above my target and slow down to about 150mph (with Dive flaps on), i roll my plane over (upside down) and dive towards the target. I have my engiens cut back so i wont gain too much speed.
At about 1.3 away from target i drop bombs.

Am i doing it wrong? I get about 50% hits while doing this.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
dive bombing?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
Chaos,
  Here is how I do it.  I fly along about 12k AGL(to keep outta ack).  I fly over my target and gently roll the wings to make sure I am almost directly above the target.  Chop throttle and drop the ole dive brakes.  I will even roll abit during the dive to keep slow. I am diving about 60-80 degrees.  I will put the target about the end of my nose, between my nose and my gunsight.  I release about 3-4k and pull everything in clean and wep my bellybutton outta there.  I hit pretty regularly this way.  (Note this is in the Dhog but the Jug works in the same manor.)

Just drop me an email if ya work on it together.

S!
Rocket

Offline elstevie

• Copper Member
      •  http://stevenewing_1.tripod.com/bf109/
dive bombing?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2001, 10:20:00 PM »
the ole dive brakes  

D-hog has dive brakes now to?

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
dive bombing?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2001, 08:29:00 AM »
Always has had  :)
Matter of fact it was the first plane that you could use em on.  

The dive brake on the real corsair are the main gear.  They were beefed up to withstand the abuse of a dive brake.  The only difference here vs real life is we don't have a seperate lever .. just drop the gear and go. In real life you hit the dive brake lever and the main gear only drop leaving the more fragile tail gear retracted. HT just beefed our tail gear up too.  Just becareful.. anything above 350 or so will damage your gear.. when you hear them creak and groan you know you had better retract them quickly.

S!
Rocket

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
dive bombing?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rocket:
Chaos,
  Here is how I do it.  I fly along about 12k AGL(to keep outta ack).  I fly over my target and gently roll the wings to make sure I am almost directly above the target.  Chop throttle and drop the ole dive brakes.  I will even roll abit during the dive to keep slow. I am diving about 60-80 degrees.  I will put the target about the end of my nose, between my nose and my gunsight.  I release about 3-4k and pull everything in clean and wep my bellybutton outta there.  I hit pretty regularly this way.  (Note this is in the Dhog but the Jug works in the same manor.)

Just drop me an email if ya work on it together.

S!
Rocket

thanks rocket i wont have time to play again untill monday. but i will try your way to see if it works better. I think anything would work better then my way.