Author Topic: AH Blues  (Read 2295 times)

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
AH Blues
« on: April 13, 2000, 01:43:00 AM »

Hey, Guys,got the Ah blues,
just donīt seem to do anyhting right.
Whatever I do, I get blown away from the skies, lawndarting, lose wings and other important stuff as I meet thoose red flying thing in the air.
Yes theres been days like this before,but now Im into a 2 week streak. My killratio is 1/10 and it feels very frustrating. Tried all diffrent kinds of planes, but,nothing help. I need some tips and tricks,PLEASE HELP!

Crabofix "tastes like chiken?"

------------------
Flygflottlj.19(Lento R5)"swedish Gladiators"

Fenrik

AH Blues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2000, 02:31:00 AM »
Don't feel bad, I'm such a crappy pilot that on the rare occasion I get a kill I freak out. However, I'm starting to like the view from the parachute. It makes me want to go sky diving.

Fenrik

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
AH Blues
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2000, 03:19:00 AM »
Ok Crab, if this may help you, i am in your conditions,my killratio is close to your,and sometimes i feel so angry , i'd eat my joy  
Thats it; if I think i play this game to relax me from stress of working, i sometimes ask me if its the right way or am I worsening this condition.

But I think we are made to learn doin better and better and better...     so I still continue my fight   (my best friend is my chute)

Happy Flying

Stefano "Nibbio"
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
AH Blues
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2000, 03:35:00 AM »
come to the Training Arena and join in on one of the free for alls ussually going on at a certain base.

I think it's helped me tremendously since the action is nonstop and almost always more daring and fearless than in the main arena  

theres quite a few experts that pop in the TA to work on their flying from a disadvantage like hristo, easymo, Nash and many others  

"There are no born fighter pilots. Some are a little better than others, thats about it. But I would say time training, training, training and more training are the key... to any success."

Francis "Gabby" Gabreski

------------------
Citabria
=357th Pony Express=
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
AH Blues
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2000, 07:13:00 AM »
AH also has trainers who will be glad to work with you in the Training Arena.  Sometimes it helps to set up a specific situation, and repeat it a few times to see what works and what doesn't.

When you go to the TA, check the roster and look for someone from the Aces High Instructor Corps.  Or, you can set something up in advance by email.  Look in the Help section of the AH website for a list of instructors.

You can email me at:  ellinger@umich.edu

Good luck!

popeye

AH Trainer
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
AH Blues
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2000, 07:27:00 AM »
The number one thing I see guys do wrong when in your situation is to force bad situations (this from the training arena perspective).

When someone comes to the TA and says this, I say "OK, jump me." Guy comes barrelling at me, goes for HO, then split-S's under me. The fight is already over, as he/she has just given up every possible E advantage they may have had.

Next time I will come in lower (2K) and say jump me. Same thing! They barrell down for the HO, then dive into a Split-S under me.

The biggest tip I can give to a guy/gal in this situation is to think 3-turns minimum for fight, and develop patience. The trick to winning consistently is to make the other person do what you want them to do, then kill them when you have the big advantage. Yes, there are still going to be situations when you have to draw upon every ounce of skill you have, but most times you can enter a fight and give yourself every advantage you need to win simply by taking the right amount of time working your prey.  

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AH Blues
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2000, 07:55:00 AM »
Some poeple come in there to get Jumped ?  

Hell, I can only afford that if i play with my 6 year old Nefiew   (Spelling ?).

CRABO ! Eat Beans, it help s to relax  

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
=XO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
GMT T.O.D. SITE

JG2 "Richthofen"
Don't shoot ! I am only an observer......

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 04-13-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
AH Blues
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2000, 08:01:00 AM »
Well said Kieren, "Get the other guys to  do what you want him to do..." Sometimes  they won't, that's where  you fly away to  live another day in real life.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

Turning Spitfires into Bud Lite cans since 1992

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-13-2000).]

Offline indian

• Copper Member
AH Blues
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
The most important thing to remember is dont shoot where the nme is but were he is going. If you find your k/d going down you may be shooting poorly. Try to shoot (as in lead ) ahead of the plane and you shoot % will come up. and practice  practice practice.  

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
AH Blues
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2000, 08:56:00 AM »
Exactly, Kieren!

Think like a wolf, and calmly, thoughtfully run them down until your prey is bled of E.  Then shoot them down.

------------------
leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
AH Blues
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2000, 08:33:00 PM »
Not only are the trainers there to help you fly and fight better by watching you fly, they will also give you much advice on when to engage, when to disengage,  how to seek an advantage and then exploit it.  Much of it is flying with your head.  I've seen aces in AH just wait until the right time.  Unless a fellow squadmate or countryman is in trouble, they will buy their time.  Then strike.

The trainers in AH are hot stuff with years of experience.  Just by listening to them talk, you can learn a lesson.  Get RW, that way while training they can teach you real time.

Also CRABOFIX I've seen you in the arena and I have to believe it is only a slump you are in.  We all have them.  I happen to be going thru a peroid of prosperity now, but I ensure you it will change.  

One of the best piece of advice I can give you is to travel in a pack.  Do not loner it unless you are very sure of your environment.  Do not press a situation where you will be at a disadvantage.  Extend and re-assess.  Worst thing I do is think to myself, "Just a few more seconds and I'll have him."  A few seconds later I get my bellybutton blown away by this guys buddy!!  Don't feel comfortable ,  DISENGAGE and EXTEND!    

Being in a small flight with the members on RW is one of the best situations you can find yourself in.  Talk about Situational Awareness!  WOW!

Dont worry about it too much.  Get ahold of some of the trainers and absorb some of their knowledge.  You'll be surprised how much things will change.

Good Luck and Salute!!

------------------
Swager
-XO- II/JG2~Richthofen~
"Damn.....I can't believe I missed that shot!!!"

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 04-13-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
AH Blues
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2000, 03:13:00 AM »

Originally posted by indian:
The most important thing to remember is dont shoot where the nme is but were he is going. If you find your k/d going down you may be shooting poorly. Try to shoot (as in lead ) ahead of the plane and you shoot % will come up. and practice  practice practice.  

One things for sure:Shooting is not my problem, Im an exellent deflection shooter (boost?...no itīs not, itīs the truth. Maybe it has to do with my military training as a AA gunner!) Its
the flying and plane handling that has "changed" for me. I had some "training" yesterday and got a little bit more selfasteam, thx to Ammo, Ram, Saw, Mave13, LRRCP(Thx guys!). But I still could need a trainers help. I will stick around the TA as much as I can during the next week.

Crabofix "doing the belgian Fishslapdance!"

------------------

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
AH Blues
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2000, 06:24:00 AM »
A couple of things to live by, especially in a slump.

1.) Never engage without an advantage.
2.) Have patience, and be ready to leave a con or pass up the first shot
3.) Fly the Pony  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
Carpe Jugulum
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
AH Blues
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2000, 08:30:00 AM »
Crabo,

I can help to train you. Write me to
fariz@warriormage.com
and we may discuss the time.

I am not a strong dogfighter, but I can
help you with right tactics.

Also, you may join me in a fighter when
in the MA and watch it from my plane.

Fariz,
The 12th Legion

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
AH Blues
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2000, 02:20:00 AM »

Thx everyone for tips and offers, I have now hoisted myself up, out from the AH blues, much because of the post here.

------------------
<Bends down and bows to the ground:Callin out!>

"OH, OGD! Help me now to punish the Rooks and Bishops that are after my Body and want to shoot it full of both 7.7, cal"50 and 20mm! Please preserve the nice paintjob on my 205, keep my wep always goin and load my guns with Fresh ammunition, the fuelgaugemeter in the middle, May my fellow Knights call 6 and cover my weak spots in times during T&B, May the infideling Hawg go away forever from AH! (and if not, make it a undermodeled Lawndart!)". <Right Airlon, Left Elevator, Engine and Rudder.>

Crabofix "fishslap"