Author Topic: Multiple victory missions  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Multiple victory missions
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2000, 07:53:00 AM »
EYE spend less time grabbing to 30,000 feet and less time bravely running away  

screwball  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Hazed

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2000, 09:47:00 PM »
i think flying to live is ok but i get bored running and usually turn for ho if im chased for 5 minutes...i feel guilty leading people round the map as when it happens to me i get irritated chasing and chasing then having to go rtb for fuel...remember its a game and fun should be first priority.oh and please fly under me as much as you all possibly can then ill be happy  

fly with JG2 we dont run  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2000, 12:40:00 AM »
Uhm. Err. <Embarrased look>

I do.

Example; great fight over A7 yesterday was taken further north, and lots of Bad Guys(tm) got to take off and grab some alt. I was sort of winging with hristos at the time and after an initial swoop down for a kill and some dodging, we ended up on the deck. The bad guys where just outta visual range, so I took my 190 east to extend and grab alt. Hristos did the same I bbelieve. Then "hi Spit!" calls sarted floodin in and I turned back, only to hear Hristos call "CLR! RUN!". Had a little alt adv, so I said "vv" and naturally did not comply, wanting to check him out. t that poibnt he had four enemies on his six. I dive down on them and they fear Me, so all break away as I close, which was my objective. Now *I* have four enemies on me, and Hristos spots one or two Spits high in front of us that are blocking the way.

Will I run for home? YES! Will I run for home vs a bandit with alt advantage, or a co alt Spit if he starts getting an altitude advantage on me? AYE.

In some planes, you really have a hard time turning a bad situation around. I feel relatively safe in my 109G10 in a one vs one, but it ain't a MA aircraft to the same degree as the 190. The latter, otoh, is not good in 1v1's.

I try to live. But looked at my sorties record, and I have only managed to land 44 out of 81 missions (11 discoes, 10 bails, 3 ditches, one captured, 12 death, ripped wings on ahlf of them  ).

I think it is possible to have a "fight to live" attitude and *still* be highly aggressive. It seems I go between overly cautious (I call this the Deer Mode) and overly aggressive (Wolf Mode).

I just love this game; there are so many different styles and that ensures variation. Will this Spit run or duke it out? If I dive, will he kamikaze in after me knowing my buddies will kill him, even if he gets me?

heheh, I need to play less AH and study more  . Off to do some work, laters  

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2