Author Topic: Do i just suck or is it bad luck? FW190 evasive questions  (Read 736 times)

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
Do i just suck or is it bad luck? FW190 evasive questions
« on: October 16, 2001, 03:15:00 AM »
As most will know my favourite ride is the FW190D9.

And as long as i stay high, fly fast and dont try to turn, i can survive real long. But kills are rarely than and most times score only by suprising the enemy.

Now i tried the last times to go in closer, stay harder on the tgt etc. it works fine with one exeption. If i get bounce by a plane that is only slighty faster than me. In this situation i get killed close to 100% of the time (and this happens often if u fight down in dirt with a FW190).
I tried scissors, barrel rolls and some strange split S/Immelmann evasions, but i constanly get killed. i.e. i used scissor against an incoming spit, my timing seemed good, cause the guy couldnt get a good aim. We got low and slow, and i was riding my bird on the edge on the stall. The Spit was closing, to under 150, i cut throttle to force him to overshoot. But no, suddenly he hung there, getting slower and turning from 200 yrds into me and BOOM.
Also i get killed a lot while doing those moves, that normally thrown off my aim if my tgt does em. But my foes seem always to have a wonder full guns solution, even if i do a good hard barrel roll against a bird clsoing fast.

Do i only have bad luck, or do i really suck so bad at this?

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2001, 03:23:00 PM »
The simplyest thing u can do if u are aware of your bird limitations in maneuvers is.....to prevent your opponets position and.....fire there in that future position, and when him will pass there while you are firing.......BOOM (obviously the future position can't be a mile far away  from your opponent   ;)  )

Prefer merging directions that position you in your opponent back quarter side just afther mergin with him to gain separation and space between you and your foe and space means that you can return back to him out of hers turn circle.

Bye

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: clouds ]

Offline geistx

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flyingwhirlpoolofsuck.org
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
You're not alone.  The same thing happens to me.     :p

Out of curiosity what does everyone else set their convergance to in a D9?

I have my MG set to 325 and my cannon set to 300.

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: GeistX ]

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
All I can give you is the Spit's perspective. I'll do it all in simple terms, 'cause when I'm flying I only think in simple terms  :). Whenever I'm flying my Spitfire and I see a low 190, I think

"yummie, 190"

But when I'm high, like around 10K (for a spit a reasonable altitude) and I see a 190 I think

"Oh my, 190"

So I think you might have gone wrong when you got down and dirty in your 190. 'cause the spit will get lower and dirtier   :)

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2001, 02:51:00 AM »
The 190 a5 can fight low and dirtie  ;)
Dawvgrid

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
You chopped your throttle...bad idea vrs any plane with a much better turning radi than yours.

The scissors seems to good when your fast...perhaps scissor nose up abit than down some to get your e back... a fast d9 is a dangerous d9 it seems to me.

Your getting low... so run like hell in that thing... ie extend get some alt and return for some fun.

Seems like with a great roll rate going vertical and staying fast would work pretty well for a couple...use the roll rate to kind of roll into a shooting angle. Then bug out again...

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu