Author Topic: F6F Page... updated tomorrow (Friday)  (Read 775 times)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
F6F Page... updated tomorrow (Friday)
« on: December 21, 2001, 02:05:00 AM »
Just wanted to let those interested know that my page will be updated tomorrow with some corrections and additions.  Feel free to stop by and take a look.

F6F Page

To get to it, click on the Hellcat page link on the left.

-math

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Very nice.I wish you had more planes,lol.As an AH newbie,I've found the planes are all different(for the most part)than those in Airwarrior.
 Even though I'm getting killed,it's fun trying them out.
 Again,very nice page.I'm looking forward to seeing what else you put up in the future.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
Thanks Mathman for the great tips on flying the Hellcat, one of my favorites too.

BTW, did ya know that the Hellcat was a very large plane, the second largest American fighter of WWII. Second only to the P-47 and that by a small margin. Hard to remember that as nimble as it feels.

It's also been credited with 4,947 kills and a kill ratio of 18:1, the highest of the war.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
S!

Very nice work mathman.
I've flown few sorties with F6F (every now and then I just want to fly some plane that can actually maneuver) and today I noticed that F6F excels in loops. I outlooped a spit (was using 1-3 flaps, tho), it seems that Hellcat can retain it's E very well, so vertical is the key to fight with it. In offline I made loops and it actually gained altitude after each loop and without WEP!

That's very good point AKIron, F6F is huge plane and it feels like impossible that it maneuvers like a spit. Also heavy armor makes it durable.

I'll keep my eye on your pages mathman, keep up good work!

EDIT: One suggestion; could you put detailed description of carrier landings with F6F? I tried it offline but quite horrible results. Thx!
 :)

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: vector ]

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2002, 12:23:00 PM »
Hey Mathman,
Always good to hear from a fellow HELLCAT fan.
The tips you had for flying the "Kitty" are well apreciated. I will have all in the pilots in my squad check them out.
<S> Sir!
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2002, 03:52:00 PM »
Hey Mathman... thanks for the info!

Of course, I still suck at the Hellcat  :p but your webpage had the little tidbit about moving your head position higher to allow for "easier" deflection shooting.  With a slightly modified gun sight, I translated that higher head position into more accurate dive bombing!!   :D
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline AirBoss

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Alpo:
[QB]Hey Mathman... thanks for the info!

Of course, I still suck at the Hellcat   :p but your webpage had the little tidbit about moving your head position higher to allow for "easier" deflection shooting.  With a slightly modified gun sight, I translated that higher head position into more accurate dive bombing!!    :D[/Q

Alpo...heheh...You must "O" been thinking the same think I was thinking...
And did..
  :D