Author Topic: honest no BS assestment of strat factory logic and actual coordinated player usage  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Simple facts are 90 % of player suggested Ideas are not good ideas for various resones. All that me getting involded in these discususion would do is pit me against the players. With me having to endlessly discribe why things don't work the way poeple would invision them. A lot like your suggestion on this topic.

What about the general stuff HT. Do you see any major changes or significant adjustments that need to be made in the Main Arena (gameplay, strat type of stuff)? I'm not even looking for anything too specific --  just trying to clear up the "broke or not broke" issue at the core of many of these BBS threads.

If you think everything is substantially fine the way it is (and I'm sure for many if not most of the player base that may be the case) then it puts a different perspective on these threads.

Charon
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 11:11:24 AM by Charon »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
I like the idead of just there being a limited set of planes. The pilot will have to show more responsibility in flying it instead of pork and auger it. You auger it just for a useless mission then there is one less of that type of plane left and have to wait until the factory produces more if they are shamefully wasted on useless porking missions.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
http://www.flyaceshigh.com/ahhelp/map.html#targets

"Each drop of convoy or train supplies on damaged city targets reduces the 3 hour downtime by 30 minutes.  Each drop of player supplies reduces the downtime by 15 minutes"

"Each time a train, convoy or barge spawns, it first checks to see if there has been damage to the supplier (cities supply factories and factories supply fields).  The amount of supplies carried to the destination depends on the amount of damage to the supplier.  If the supplier has been damaged by 50%, only one out of every six train cars or convoy trucks will carry supplies. "

I only add one personal observation I have never received a perk for resupplying a strat other than HQ - but that was probably because I was trying it out on a broken map. (Or maybe because nothing comes back right away ?)  edit: Strangely, unless it has changed, there is a score penalty for each supply mission - as you do not get any score for resupply trip.  So each resupply mission you fly/drive reduces your per sortie scoire numbers (since it increases sorties but adds no score).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 09:26:11 AM by Zanth »

Offline Spongebob

• Zinc Member
Dear God, somebody send HiTech a dictionary...:D

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Spongebob
Dear God, somebody send HiTech a dictionary...:D

Can you imagine the weekly bug meetings?

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
my idea isn't new . it is not my idea. it is hitechs old idea that he made into a strategic system.

this old idea was modified with new stuff that made it complex and confusing and makes bombing a novelty isntead of a viable way to cripple the enemy.

I like the old version better because it worked better
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
I think I asked this a few years ago, but  got a fuzzy answer or my memory is in the crapper.  I haven't actually had the patience to test this out, but constantly destroying a train/barge/convoy should keep objects down for an infinite amount of time.  Is that correct?
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
That is correct Octavious.

HiTech

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
yes...but then came the age of the titanium truck.   Trucks and trains are very hard to kill now.  In the old days people actually spent time loooking for and killing them.  This continued until a patch shortly after the patch where the mossie was introduced.  Then the trains and trucks were made so hard to kill to were nobody did it any more.

sooo, yeah you can kill them, but it is impractical/unprofitable to actually go about doing it.  ( I have even been in fights where enemy runs to a train so it could provide him cover with it's death ray gun.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 12:19:33 PM by Zanth »

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Citabria
heres the lynchpin that proves the point:

all strat factories on mindanao are disconnected on the northeast and south countries and no one has noticed. only the west country has a workign strat factory system. it proves it right there. its broke and to confusing and un needed for anyone to notice.
except someone who notices when the b24 windshield is not proportioned right and the pitot tubes on the top of the nose are missing.

i noticed and posted a bug report ;)

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135631

and i think your b24 missions showed that it does work but it sure takes alot of work...

i mean in a perfect world, if a player sees his HQ is about to hit, and he knows its going down for 2 hours, he will up and defend it, as soon as its in trouble with a proper plane. 163's being the last resort. (right now 163s are the only resort for people it seems)

but instead they come to the forum and whine how easy it is to kill there dam hq, and get it HTC to hardend up... they forget to mention how EASY it is to up a plane and kill the dam HQ raiders, or how easy it is to resupply it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 08:30:26 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
another effect of this broken system is stalemate.

since captured bases are not resupplied they can be disabled troops for 3 hours and the war stops with enough porking.

no one will realistically up a goon 10 times to repair a field 3 bases back just to do the same thing again at the next closest field and then the front line field.

zones dont work.

unresupplied captured bases dont work.

both of these remove the advantage of capturing bases and removing your factories from direct threat by having them further from the front.

no advantage no reason no strat equals stalemate and stagnate front.

its not the difficulty of killing barracks causing this, its the 3 hour down time of the barracks at the captured fields.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
10 bucks says reverting the strat system to the setup before zones and unresupplied captured bases will solve the problem.

anything else will just be a bandaid on a broken strat system.

already fuel has been removed from a strat target and it seems barracks are next.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Citabria
10 bucks says reverting the strat system to the setup before zones and unresupplied captured bases will solve the problem.

anything else will just be a bandaid on a broken strat system.

already fuel has been removed from a strat target and it seems barracks are next.

fester i totaly agree, but i doubt anything will be done.

maps need a core HQ/City/Strat area which is IMPORTANT to defend, ie people will UP to defend it because they KNOW its going to effect them if they dont, problem is they just whine instead when it all goes wrong

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Overlag
... ie people will UP to defend it because they KNOW its going to effect them if they dont...
See, I think that's the wrong approach.  We need to find the system that makes people WANT to up and defend because they know it will be FUN to defend.  When an enemy CV is off shore, you go there to defend becuase it's fun, not because you want to defend the base, and no one is happy when somebody sinks the CV.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Easyscor
See, I think that's the wrong approach.  We need to find the system that makes people WANT to up and defend because they know it will be FUN to defend.  When an enemy CV is off shore, you go there to defend becuase it's fun, not because you want to defend the base, and no one is happy when somebody sinks the CV.

it is fun upping to intercept bombers, its a easy way to get "free" kills if you know what you are doing. problem right now is 90% of the player base ignore ib raids untill its within 163 range, why i dont know. By the time its within 163 range its too late IMO.

Surely it would be better to up a 109g10, or a 190a8 and follow the bombers for 30minutes, keeping them constantly busy and taking a few down this way? Hell if the formations are low enough you could up a 110 and really piss them off :D

I have great fun intercepting bomber formations (i dont mean just 3), but its so rare to see bomber formations these days, and even rarer to see fighter formations intercepting them.....