Author Topic: honest no BS assestment of strat factory logic and actual coordinated player usage  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Citabria
10 bucks says reverting the strat system to the setup before zones and unresupplied captured bases will solve the problem.
I don't know if that's the answer or not but it could be worth going back to on some of the existing maps.  I think there could be several systems that would work but each terrain needs the system that works best on that particular terrain.  I don't believe in one size fits all.

There is a lot of talk about hardening this or that, or adding more ack etc etc.  The harder the base is to capture, the more incentive for the horde.

I think some fields should be easy to capture and some should take much more coordination.  Instead of adding more strat at each field, I’m beginning to think there should be many more small bases with the old style Towns, packed closer together, and then some larger bases which are harder to capture. A single squad should be able to capture most small bases but it would take larger numbers to capture the medium or large bases.  I don’t see anything in the game or terrain editor that would prevent this.  Put together with more zones and consolidated strat factories, I think it would be a winning combination with different styles of play all over the map.  Now if I can just sell it to Hitech.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
no frikn way..

Overlag...we have lives outside this GAME...

You knwo why peopel dont "Chase "  down Buffs...CAUSE IT SUCKS...

SO you up a buff killr to grab 20K +?...just to have to take another 10 minutes making passes on the buffs good enuff not to get shot up?..

way too long most of the time

If you dont know how to up me 163s before Buffs Get in range...I can help..

1) Dont use full thrttle ..You can meet the incoming buffs farther out..

2) IF you are really a bad pilot..you can go Hotload the me163 at the next base

Flying prop planes to atak Hi alt buffs takes too long..

I need instant Kills...truthfully..I would pay perks for airstarts..anyday

TOD TOD TOD TOD!

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
If I hear that a buff formation is near a base at 10k i'll up a 110g2 and go blast the thing with 30s. Its just fun... Anything more than that and Buff hunting is just boring.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by icemaw
Easy let me get this straight. If we say kill the grunt training facility 100% then kill troops at the bases no troops will be avalible for 3 HOURS???

there is always something called "Resupply" by M3's or goons

some decent perks to be had that way too although bomber perks earned by gooning are pretty much useless
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
You guys who think buff hunting is boring--

I can understand why you feel that way, but from my point of view...

I guess I'm part hunter, because I love the stalking, the planning...watching and judging my prey.  The adrenaline builds; discipline and concentration must be maintained at a high level for an extended period, as you manuver your plane into attack position.  Then the moment for attack comes and you must relax and focus on one bomber.  You must find that seconds-long window of opportunity that lets you deliver deadly fire.  And all the while you must use deception and manuver to throw-off the aim of the defending gunners.  What's so boring about that?

Then you've two more bombers to go after, so the fun is far from over.  You've only just begun to sweat.

=============================================

I go up against bombers all the time.  I've had running battles with a formation that went on for 75 miles.  And I win.  I get one, two, sometimes three kills and land, often without damage.  I've methodically shot down a B-17 with a C. 202 and a B-24 with only a few hundred rounds of 12.7 mm from a Ki-84.  In neither attack did I sustain any damage.

To take a buff killer to 25k only takes 8-9 minutes, so if I then spend the next 10 minutes shooting down buffs "good enough not to get shot up", then I've really accomplished something requiring a high degree of many skills, I think.  And it certainly isn't boring ho'ing a formation of heavy bombers successfully, again and again.

MRPLUTO

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Originally posted by GreenCloud
no frikn way..

Overlag...we have lives outside this GAME...

You knwo why peopel dont "Chase "  down Buffs...CAUSE IT SUCKS...

SO you up a buff killr to grab 20K +?...just to have to take another 10 minutes making passes on the buffs good enuff not to get shot up?..

way too long most of the time

If you dont know how to up me 163s before Buffs Get in range...I can help..

1) Dont use full thrttle ..You can meet the incoming buffs farther out..

2) IF you are really a bad pilot..you can go Hotload the me163 at the next base

Flying prop planes to atak Hi alt buffs takes too long..

I need instant Kills...truthfully..I would pay perks for airstarts..anyday

TOD TOD TOD TOD!

:rolleyes:

it takes like 4 minutes to get to alt in a 109g10 then you've got ALOT more rounds to attack bombers with than a explosive cofin people call the 163.

but then i dare say you always come dead 6 and wonder why you die instantly, then moan that you climbed for 20minutes to get that far...... 10minutes climbing in a 109g10 will have you skimming outer space :rolleyes:

some people are so short sighted and seem to think that this game is suppose to be instant action.:rolleyes:

Mrpluto just summed it up for me

Originally posted by MRPLUTO
You guys who think buff hunting is boring--

I can understand why you feel that way, but from my point of view...

I guess I'm part hunter, because I love the stalking, the planning...watching and judging my prey.  The adrenaline builds; discipline and concentration must be maintained at a high level for an extended period, as you manuver your plane into attack position.  Then the moment for attack comes and you must relax and focus on one bomber.  You must find that seconds-long window of opportunity that lets you deliver deadly fire.  And all the while you must use deception and manuver to throw-off the aim of the defending gunners.  What's so boring about that?

Then you've two more bombers to go after, so the fun is far from over.  You've only just begun to sweat.

=============================================

I go up against bombers all the time.  I've had running battles with a formation that went on for 75 miles.  And I win.  I get one, two, sometimes three kills and land, often without damage.  I've methodically shot down a B-17 with a C. 202 and a B-24 with only a few hundred rounds of 12.7 mm from a Ki-84.  In neither attack did I sustain any damage.

To take a buff killer to 25k only takes 8-9 minutes, so if I then spend the next 10 minutes shooting down buffs "good enough not to get shot up", then I've really accomplished something requiring a high degree of many skills, I think.  And it certainly isn't boring ho'ing a formation of heavy bombers successfully, again and again.

MRPLUTO
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
no..4 minutes climing in a 109g10..will at the best get you to 16k...

..YES..it takes a long..to properly attak a buff formation..(b-26-b17--b24)

oH!!..but then you say ..u need to climb for 10 minutes?..

overlag..you proved nothing..excpet you can not understand what I typed..

Ya..I attak from ..lo alt dead 6.....what a dolt you are...

So answer this yourself...why do people wait to intercept buff with the me163 ..rather then take ..20-30 minutes to attk deathstars?

I find it funny you didnt respond to that 1...lololo

LMFAo..short sighted..how about..WE CANT SPEND ALL FRIKN DAY intercepting a buff formation at 28k...maybe you can..as you can see..THE MAJORITY DO NOT...prrof is in the pudding....

being people wait to up me163s..

BTW...you say you cant even reach buff inbound in tiem in a 163?...I hav eserious doubt about your skills when you say that...again..I give you an invitation for lessons if you want

Happy T day...

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
no..4 minutes climing in a 109g10..will at the best get you to 16k...

..YES..it takes a long..to properly attak a buff formation..(b-26-b17--b24)

oH!!..but then you say ..u need to climb for 10 minutes?..

overlag..you proved nothing..excpet you can not understand what I typed..

Ya..I attak from ..lo alt dead 6.....what a dolt you are...

So answer this yourself...why do people wait to intercept buff with the me163 ..rather then take ..20-30 minutes to attk deathstars?

I find it funny you didnt respond to that 1...lololo

LMFAo..short sighted..how about..WE CANT SPEND ALL FRIKN DAY intercepting a buff formation at 28k...maybe you can..as you can see..THE MAJORITY DO NOT...prrof is in the pudding....

being people wait to up me163s..

BTW...you say you cant even reach buff inbound in tiem in a 163?...I hav eserious doubt about your skills when you say that...again..I give you an invitation for lessons if you want

Happy T day...

Love
BiGB
xoxo

:rolleyes:

:rofl

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
hahah u lose..

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
hahah u lose..

:rofl

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
still a loser!!!!

ohh..should i put a smiley face too?..lolol...

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
and what have you "won" :rofl

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
I have answered ur questions..and you have not answered mine..

so that means I won..I won the real world flying test...

Do i need to restate the facts?..or can you scroll up?

163's?...Dont have enuff fuel to intercept buffs intime?...WRONG

109g10..will catch buffs in 4 min?..LMFAO..WRONG

so how hi  does a 109g10 in 4 min?  how much fuel u bringn?..u have gonds on?..lolo this will be good

we can just start with theses 2 for now

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
I have answered ur questions..and you have not answered mine..

so that means I won..I won the real world flying test...

Do i need to restate the facts?..or can you scroll up?

163's?...Dont have enuff fuel to intercept buffs intime?...WRONG

109g10..will catch buffs in 4 min?..LMFAO..WRONG

so how hi  does a 109g10 in 4 min?  how much fuel u bringn?..u have gonds on?..lolo this will be good

we can just start with theses 2 for now

since when did i say 163s dont have the fuel to intercept? I mearly said that once bombers are within the 163 range its TOO late to stop them, if theres 10 (x3) bombers ib how are YOU and lets say 5 163's going to stop them all in less than 5minutes to target? You are not....

I didnt say a 109g10 will catch buffs in 4minutes :rolleyes: i said a good 4minute climb will get you to ALT, or at least a good alt.

So you have 10minutes to fly to a furball but you dont have 10minutes to shoot bombers?

and why such a stupid attitude problem?

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
lolo..well now you are changing your story...

now its..the me163s are outnumbered?...lolol..lets say its equal...10 me 163s ..and 10 bomber formations?..you still think buffs win?..I dont
I have seen large box formations mauled many times by 163s.

So..your 109g10 gets to alt..then has to setup to make attaks..

WHY?...why not use me163s?...its much faster...

no attitude problem here....You just make statements that are un true

You know..I dotn even like flying more then 5 miles from my base to furball.......Why?

I dont need alt...and why waste time flying virtual air..its a waist of time..

Im not a purse swinger