Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6975 times)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2004, 03:10:31 PM »
Portugal is not europe and we killed the natives there not much left off them isn't it

Oh it was for christianity

those indians where animals too

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2004, 03:32:10 PM »
Iraq is quickly turning into the next worse thing for the US military since Vietnam. And like Vietnam the more negative images like this then the more likely it is the general population at home will turn against the war It only took two very vivid and striking images on the news for that to happen in Vietnam.

Bush can call them terroists as much as he likes and try to connect battles like Falluja as the killing of terroists. But what he's landed his military into is an occupation of another country and a Guriella War in the worst environment possible. Urban.

...-Gixer

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2004, 03:44:59 PM »
Now that the discussions has gone far enough, I shall leave the sarcasm aside. (well, that one short post)

War is war. In the combat zone, if you grab á weapon, get a sucky wound and get killed by the enemy coming in to check the house.. too bad. Should of thought twice before doing so.
In an actual war, where there isn't a clear advantage over the enemy, it simply isn't possible to drag along prisoners you might find on the way. So what do you do? Shoot them of course. You don't want the prisoners to grab a gun and shoot half of your team, while trying to accomplish your mission, with no capability to look after the prisoners.
Once again, the enemy should of thought better... either to try and defend to death or pull back and surrender when possible (rather surrender before, when it would also be possible).

Especially the insurgents are hard to determine, whether they're going to blow up half your team, when given the chance, or not.
They're either frozen by fear and ****ted their pants or waiting to cook off a grenade.

But this case... didn't the american soldiers already learn?  DO NOT DO IT WHEN THERE ARE CAMERAS FOLLOWING YOU, IDIOT.
Now good part of the muslim world is seeing nothing but the videos and news broadcasts of the evil american soldiers, who will rape and kill their allah fearing children.
Great stuff.. that soldier must been a real handsomehunk. Well, now hes likely ruined his own life (unless saved by the US govt.) and made some of the terrorist bosses happy of the free propaganda.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 03:47:19 PM by Fishu »

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2004, 04:42:12 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Well one thing is sure; US just got plenty of new enemies.
Oh well; You reap what you sew.

They can wait in line just like the rest.:mad:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2004, 04:53:24 PM »
With a nod to The Who:

We'll be fighting in the streets
With dead terrorists at our feet
And the evil that they practice will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my kevlar to the new constitution
Take a shot at the new revolution
Smile and grin at the dead insurgents all around
Pick up my M16 and spray
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
No, no!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2004, 04:56:43 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
They can wait in line just like the rest.:mad:

Let me guess... 16 ?

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
.....Is hardly the correct way to take prisoners.

Its perfect. Less hassle that way.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2004, 05:25:21 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
The world you get when you sit on your stand up for nothing, tolerate everything, pat yourselves on the back and blame America for everything ass....maybe the kind of world you get when a Dutch battalion stands by while 6-8000 muslims are slaughtered in Bosnia....or perhaps the kind of world when you won't stand up for what is right and what is wrong and prefer to ride the fence of I'm better than you are because I stand for peace..... that's the world you're girls will grow up in.

Sometimes you stand down and let things pass for the better of everyone....this time, that posture by two US administrations brought us 9/11.

We're going to do what is necessary to protect our interests here and abroad....won't be perfect, won't be fun, won't be easy and evidently, it won't be with any help from the UN.

Don't fret though....I'm certain the day is coming when Al Queda lights off a nuke in a US city....then the world can rejoice in how we finally got what we deserve for being such uncaring bastards throughout history!

Cia!

oh oh..rude is posting his true feelings again. we know where that got us last time.

pre war whining by rude

well rude. You pulled up in front of Bagdad and they gave you the country. How many dead are there now anyway?

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2004, 05:28:30 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Let me guess... 16 ?

16?  :rofl :rofl

edited: It's just not worth it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 06:05:56 PM by RedTop »

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2004, 06:04:58 PM »
is that your look at democracy?
thos one are good who agree with you, somone who have diferent opinion is enemy and not worth a penny?

you know, one guy with funny mustasches had same idea about 70 years go

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2004, 06:08:37 PM »
not my look at all....and as edited above........

it's not even worth the effort to explain it anymore.

So much hatred here on this BBS and in MY OWN country for this country.....Turns my friggin stomach at times.

And to think I served in the Military to protect their rights.:confused:

And don't compare me to Hitler.......ever:mad:

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2004, 06:24:09 PM »
Well what if we compare you to the SS troops (Not Waffen-SS but those others); also they didn't had much problems executing wounded prisoners but in those times it was a "no no" and when they got caught they were executed, if not immediately after capture then after martial court.

Have rules changed lately ?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2004, 06:25:23 PM »
To know God , you must expierance God.

Redtop do you believe in God ?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2004, 06:25:38 PM »
Your not allowed to redefine the word "hate" to mean anyone that disgrees with you.
your not microsoft.
or are you.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2004, 06:28:33 PM »
It's war, stuff like this happens in war. If you start a war expect this. Both sides are fighting for their country and their way of life. Both sides think they're the good guys and both commit atrocities.  If you think anything else then you are a fool. There are no good wars.

The fuss over this one incident is a farce. That kind of thing happens every day off camera. Marines murder people and so do the terrorists. There is no army that is not guilty of atrocities. Because armies are made up of humans and humans are killers.  That Marine was wrong to shoot that man...........in front of the camera and because it made naive people out there realise that the glowing moral crusade they fondly imagine this war to be is just as brutal and vicious as any war.  

They say the first casualty of war is the truth and you won't see truth again until long after the war.  

RedTop calm down, your annoyance is understandable but it makes you look ridiculous. Remember the war was called 'Iraqi Freedom'. Freedom is the important word here. It works both ways.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 06:30:49 PM by cpxxx »