Author Topic: HT Please give us back the Night and Tank Town.  (Read 1057 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
HT Please give us back the Night and Tank Town.
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2004, 08:49:26 PM »
If night looks that dark to you then your gamma settings are probably off to begin with. Either due to incorrect settings when first set up or due to age.
Probably due to age as these things do tend to degrade naturally over time. I know thats what it was in my case. Actually  I didnt realise just how bad it had gotten until I got a new monitor

Adjusted properly Nighttime should look almost like during a Harvest moon where you can almost read a newspaper by moonlight.

the adjustments needed in the pics above arent even that much.
just a notch or two would make a major difference.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Mad0Max

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2004, 12:02:58 AM »
Another vote for night time and tank town. I miss the nights :(

and HTC.. considering we are PAYING MONTHLY for this online game, please consider it.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2004, 12:12:56 AM »
Pics look great. I agree if they are that dark on your computer your gamma isnt set properly in the 1st place. who cares if a few people turn their gamma up and then they dont have to "put up with it" sounds like a great way for those that dont want it to put up with it.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2004, 02:54:31 AM »
Yes your gama was out of wack in those pics on my comp Night is fine you can see the ground enuf that you can avoid hitting it (though the trees can be tricky) as they should be at night.
   If people want to turn their gamma up so be it, why must we always have the sun glaring in our face????
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2004, 06:43:35 AM »
Does anyone know how in ww11 it was setup to land?
radio guide and temp. lights on the runway?

Offline scott123

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2004, 07:52:32 AM »
Night would be a Godsend for Goon pilots,on caped bases..bring it back..if you don't like it,brew up,and come back when you've calmed down. ;)

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2004, 09:13:33 AM »
Night is good. added a bit of realism and rquired new tactics. If they re introduced it though, airfields ought to have flare paths lit up as freindly aircraft approached. We need clouds back and a winter map. The game is getting a bit samey. samey equals dull after a while. If furballing is all people play for then a daytime only no weather night etc arena should be set up for those that want this.

I play to fly as well as fight. If i wanted an arcade type game I'd find one.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2004, 10:44:39 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
It's gotten to the point where I don't care if some skill lacking dweebs want to turn up their gamma to get off at night.  I want to fly in the night.

hehe if gama  up, turns night to day. can gama down turn
day to night?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2004, 12:25:43 PM »
Originally posted by whels
hehe if gama  up, turns night to day. can gama down turn
day to night?

no

what about moon and stars and all that ambience.

the outline of a buff formation against the starry sky......ah....

COME ON, bring night back.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HT Please give us back the Night and Tank Town.
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2004, 01:20:03 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

ahhhhhhhh

MOST  

:D

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2004, 11:09:20 PM »
If you bother to check my stats (user: jpeg) you'll see I'm not a furballer (yes I enjoy a furball now and then).

You didn't really answer my question though. How do you expect someone to attack a structure with lets say rockets or bomb fighter hangars and fuel/ammo/barrack resources if they can't even see them?

As far as the data source, data source is me and all the people who would leave. That's why HTC decided to, or at least my guess is based on these facts, get rid of the full night.

Unfortunatly I don't have access to exact statistics from HTC, but I do remember the numbers in the roster dropping more than half once full night time would occur.

Originally posted by CMC Airboss
I think this statement/question illustrates the views of the many people who dislike night: This is representative of the furball-centric pilot contingent.  I'll answer the question above in two parts.  First, it is very easy to fly at night if you can fly in the daytime.  There was no change to the flight model when the sky got dark (as far as I could tell).  Second, it is possible to "fight" in a tank, in bombers, and in attack aircraft at night.  I would go as far to say that night time makes these kinds of fighting even more effective.  I suspect that what you really want to know is how to dogfight in furballs at night.  That one is easy.  Stay above your target and their silhouette will always be visible against the ground.  Oh, and don't fight over water =)

Data source? Dates?

MiG

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2004, 01:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by jpeg
If you bother to check my stats (user: jpeg) you'll see I'm not a furballer (yes I enjoy a furball now and then).

You didn't really answer my question though. How do you expect someone to attack a structure with lets say rockets or bomb fighter hangars and fuel/ammo/barrack resources if they can't even see them?

As far as the data source, data source is me and all the people who would leave. That's why HTC decided to, or at least my guess is based on these facts, get rid of the full night.

Unfortunatly I don't have access to exact statistics from HTC, but I do remember the numbers in the roster dropping more than half once full night time would occur.

that is  complete and total crock.

NEVER have numbers dropped by half or more for any single reason other then mass boot or server crash

And HTC got rid of night to and I quote "Put the whines on the other side of the fence for a while" and that was the only reason he gave.

the two claims you just made are blatently untrue and nothing more then utter fabrication

If you couldnt see the buildings and structures, your gamma setting are probably off to begin with
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 07:26:34 AM »
I always *hated* night.   What was the point?  Thirty minutes where you could not see well?  Gamma correction is either a 'crutch' or a 'feature' depending on who you listen to.   Anytime I logged on and it was night, I immediately logged off.  

Maybe if night lasted... well.. all night... that would be different.  I would still *hate* it, but it would be different.  Anyone think it might be more fun for the GV group?  

Maybe if AH had night fighters that would be an option.  I would still *hate* night though.

Regards,

Malta

p.s.  Did I mention I *hated* night?

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 08:08:36 AM »
A large percentage of people never do set up their monitors correctly.  It goes from the box to the grave never once being setup right.  Unless your monitor is set corrrectly neither night (or screen shots of it) will display corrrectly.

There are others, but this is the best http://www.displaymate.com/

Offline warmcocoroos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 10:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
mechanic those screenies are exactly why i don't like night.  I can't see a sodding thing- all i see is tracers.  I don't know how bright other peoples monitors are but all i see is black with some tracers and the moon.  I don't know how night is for others, but for me i can't see anything.  I cannot make out the sky from the floor.  The level of visibillity is none.

I don't get any enjoyment from not being able to see anything to shoot at.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMFG!!! if you cant see those buildings,  you need eyes, because you dont have any!!!