Author Topic: Tragedy in China  (Read 498 times)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Tragedy in China
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:15:22 AM »
Fox News reported this morning that a knife-wielding assailant invaded a school and killed 8 children.  According to authorities, this is the fourth such attack in the last year to take place at schools and day-care centers.

Why target children?  Since there seems to be a pattern to these assaults, I wonder if it could be some type of political group trying to make a statement?

Perp should be strung up and portions of his anatomy removed....or turned over to the relatives of the victims so they could administer justice.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Re: Tragedy in China
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 11:16:12 AM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Perp should be strung up and portions of his anatomy removed....or turned over to the relatives of the victims so they could administer justice.

Then what separates us from them?

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 11:20:08 AM »
Terrible...:(

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 11:20:12 AM »
Why target children? Since there seems to be a pattern to these assaults, I wonder if it could be some type of political group trying to make a statement?

I posted a similar thread the last time this happened.  It's probably just a copycat crime.  But it is creepy that there are so many latent child murderers in our midst.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 11:21:37 AM »
some kind of sensible knife control might be helpful...   No knives within 500 yards of a school... knives registered and only allowed in knife safes at home or at resteraunts.... maybe require knife locks and background checks at purchase.

maybe make it illegal to stab people to death.... I don't know.. just some suggestions off the top of my head.

lazs

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 11:26:37 AM »
Good ideas laz.

How about a national Knife registry? Every Knife must be registered with the government and renewed every couple of years (plus the renewal charge of course).

I am sure such a registry would eliminate all knife crime.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 11:28:34 AM »
Hmmm...It took longer than I thought.:rolleyes:

Offline RTStuka

• Silver Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 11:28:47 AM »
Knives dont kill people, crazy ****ed up people carrying the knives kill people.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 11:39:22 AM »
well... maybe but.... if it would save just one child wouldn't it be worth it to give up a little selfish freedom to keep knives?  If they are only good for eating meat then why not allow them only at resteraunts or locked up at home in proper knife safes?

if it would save only one child......

lazs

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 11:53:35 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well... maybe but.... if it would save just one child wouldn't it be worth it to give up a little selfish freedom to keep knives?  If they are only good for eating meat then why not allow them only at resteraunts or locked up at home in proper knife safes?

if it would save only one child......

lazs

don't give them ideas , too many crazy wackobrain lawmakers in office. they would actually try to do this.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 05:09:11 PM »
Originally posted by RTStuka
Knives dont kill people, crazy ****ed up people carrying the knives kill people.

Replace the word *knives* with the word *guns* and the statement is still true.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 05:11:27 PM »
Maybe a 5 day waiting period?  No Assault-Ginsu knives that can cut cans, shoe leather and then thinly slice tomatoes.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 05:20:48 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Maybe a 5 day waiting period?  No Assault-Ginsu knives that can cut cans, shoe leather and then thinly slice tomatoes.

:rofl
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Tragedy in China
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 05:59:56 PM »
Originally posted by hawker238
Then what separates us from them?

Nothing.

One word - COLUMBINE.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Tragedy in China
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 06:08:21 PM »