Author Topic: Exploding Drones  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Exploding Drones
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 02:00:53 AM »
Originally posted by 6GunUSMC
flossy thats so off base!  incorrect comparison to say the least!   We are talking about a problem in the software causing needless lost aircraft on takeoff.  i dont complain about what happens in combat (unless it is related to other bugs) but this is ridiculous...
That's just it.  I don't think it is a problem in the software.... :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 09:17:42 AM »
Not saying there is a bug, I don’t usually fly with 100% fuel, but here’s a tip.

Occasionally, when I'm launching out of a particularly tough field or want to change course immediately after launch, I'll leave the gear down, climb to 200ft agl and begin a sharp turn.  The drones will follow like baby ducks chasing their mother.  Once you’re on course, set auto climb, reduce throttle 15 or 20% and raise the gear, this will initiate normal formation keeping.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 03:13:59 PM »
Originally posted by 6GunUSMC
flossy thats so off base!  incorrect comparison to say the least!   We are talking about a problem in the software causing needless lost aircraft on takeoff.  i dont complain about what happens in combat (unless it is related to other bugs) but this is ridiculous...

My view here is, your trying to fly  3 buffs, sure it should be a bit difficult! Try this, get a couple of buddies, all 3 of ya take of in single buffs, and get formed up as quick as possible. It is very possible to fly as close as drones. Now, if ya can't do it in the first mile or so, you all should go back to flight school  :) Sure its tuff, but hey thats how it is!  Good Luck!

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
Exploding Drones
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 04:48:45 AM »
i dont understand why you people give HTC a free pass on a software bug.  If HTC wants to disable formations, sobeit.  If not fix the SOB!  I dont know why people want to talk about effort and reality.  when i mentioned effort i was talking about unnecessary effort CAUSED by this software BUG.  It IS a bug.  It is not like I am sitting here griping because I am attempting a series of 7G turns and losing drones, or divebombing and losing drones.   NO, this doesnt happen every time, but it happens often enough to be extremely irritating.  This is a PROBLEM that IS software based, this can be fixed easily and it should be.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 04:56:18 AM by 6GunUSMC »

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 12:59:15 PM »
i suppose this wont be fixed

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 03:31:26 PM »
ya can't fix what isn't broke. I think its intentionally made that way so you have a bit of a challange when launching buffs.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 03:45:23 PM »
personally i dont get the problem, unless you are going afk right after takeoff....

i havent lost a drone on takeoff (even a 234) for about 6 months or more. it is not easy to get them up to you, but i have never failed at it like i said.

i do use "auto-takeoff" until the lead plane is at least 500 AGL, or in danger of hitting a tree.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 03:51:38 PM »
Originally posted by MaddogJoe
ya can't fix what isn't broke. I think its intentionally made that way so you have a bit of a challange when launching buffs.

when one buff bounces up and down like a tard on a pogo stick there IS a problem

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 04:10:14 PM »
Hey 6Gun,  did you ever get a responce from HTC?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 05:08:03 PM »
When folks say you can get anywhere on the map with 50% fuel in a bomber I agree with one exception.....How high do you go?

I know those of you have your opinions on what constitutes a bug and what doesnt but I think there is something up cause in my mind my drones shouldnt have to be babied to form up. Hell they're rigth behind me on take off and often times pass me up. I could understand it if there was a large delay on their roll out.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 05:10:53 PM by Wolf14 »

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 06:11:26 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Hey 6Gun,  did you ever get a responce from HTC?

Hi Ded...

HELL NO.. no response from them after sending in 3 films several weeks apart.  I followed hitechs own instructions to the letter, then sent in films demonstrating the problem. We at least got responses when our squad was in Warbirds.

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 06:20:08 PM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
When folks say you can get anywhere on the map with 50% fuel in a bomber I agree with one exception.....How high do you go?

I know those of you have your opinions on what constitutes a bug and what doesnt but I think there is something up cause in my mind my drones shouldnt have to be babied to form up. Hell they're rigth behind me on take off and often times pass me up. I could understand it if there was a large delay on their roll out.

I know Wolf... You have people respond by drumbeating for HTC saying that 100% of the problem is the users.  Others have offered constructive help and it IS appreciated But - it wouldnt be necessary to stand on one foot, hold your breath, hop up and down while going into external view looking in a mirror with both your fingers and toes crossed to keep your drones IF HTC would fix this bug.  For those who say turn off auto-takeoff... WHY HAVE IT AT ALL IF YOU CANNOT USE IT WHEN YOU WANT TO????

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Exploding Drones
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 06:46:56 PM »
6gun.

1. Drop the attitude if you wish to remain on this bbs.

2. Ive tested that system a lot. Yes It can be dificult to get the drones formed up in certain situations. But It realy has much more to do with flight envlopes than a bug. Other also do not seem to have your problem.

3.  The form up method is slated to be complete rewritten when I redo the drone code for TOD. Basicly they will just go around the patern untill you form up with them.

HiTech

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 07:27:48 PM »
Hitech,

For the B24s, the performance of drone #2 is not the same as drone #3.  Drone #2 out accelerates both lead ship and #3 on ground roll as if over-powered or underweight.  Is this by design?  With the high stall speed and early auto-flap retraction, it makes it extremely difficult to capture the #2 drone.

As a side note, you get a week stall horn in a fully loaded B24 (100% fuel, 8x1000lb bomb load) in auto-climb near sea level.  Speed is about 139 indicated.  You need about 141 indicated to silence the horn.  Makes me feel that the auto-climb is set to best angle instead of best rate.

MachNix
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 07:30:35 PM by MachNix »

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Exploding Drones
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 07:39:40 PM »
Hitech,

#1 - if you are paying for something and have a problem and complain, send emails with films demonstrating the problem and have no response you would have a negative attitude too.  As for my participation on this BBS and your game, thats up to you, but given the fact that I have sent those emails to support@hitechcreations.com and to you directly (CC'd them) I would think that as a business owner/manager that a lack of response would have you wanting answers from those who are supposed to serve your customers than taking time to slant threats at the customers who have LEGITIMATE complaints.  The 'attitude' stemmed from being ignored when I went through proper channels and procedure for complaining 3 times without a single response - I would expect under normal business operating rules a business owner would be looking at the failure inside his own organization and ways to remedy those failures  than to threaten his sources of income.

#2 - Thanks for letting others know that there is indeed an occasional problem with this due to the flight envelope or flight model.

#3 - This sounds interesting, a simple answer like this would have solved the entire problem.

Hitech I enjoy this game.  I appreciate your efforts and the efforts of others to improve the game and the community as a whole.  I try to help by hosting sound packs and the like on our squads website.  I hope you will at least understand my reason for having an 'attitude', when I pay money to someone on a regular basis I at least want a response when I have a problem. (Not a frequent occasion)  Hell, I dont even have to like the response!  But say SOMETHING!