Author Topic: Please fix Totoland  (Read 654 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Please fix Totoland
« on: November 28, 2004, 08:31:27 PM »
If we are going to have OZ in rotation at all I think it is only fair to the player base that this map be overhauled before putting it up again.
  Massive frame rate eater and FRs are erradtic from place to place.
  Miniwarps, freezes, numerous boots. The whole smear.
  Quite frankly this map is a long ways from being appropiate for the MA.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Re: Please fix Totoland
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 01:53:07 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
If we are going to have OZ in rotation at all I think it is only fair to the player base that this map be overhauled before putting it up again.
  Massive frame rate eater and FRs are erradtic from place to place.
  Miniwarps, freezes, numerous boots. The whole smear.
  Quite frankly this map is a long ways from being appropiate for the MA.

It's "ONLY" downfall is frame rates.
Please explain appropiate in context to the MA--my understanding is the only MA rule is there are no rules---which means yu can create your own brand of fun anytime anywhere.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:41:43 PM »
Nobody said anything about rules. Get off of it.
  The terrain has a lot, lot more problems than just FRs, but I would think that the erradtic FRs would be plenty to ask for an overhaul. Discos, warps, freezes, you name it , it`s got it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 02:46:43 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
Anyone else have disappearing targets?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 02:57:04 PM »
Finally got on a 205's six last night and the plane disappeared. No kill, no explosion and airplane was not close enough to the ground to ditch.

Other squaddies were complaining of disappearing aircraft.

Anyone else?
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline sax

• Gold Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:23:35 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Nobody said anything about rules. Get off of it.
  The terrain has a lot, lot more problems than just FRs, but I would think that the erradtic FRs would be plenty to ask for an overhaul. Discos, warps, freezes, you name it , it`s got it.

Wrong

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 07:40:25 PM »
Sax, besides being known for always not having a clue you haven`t played this map since the update enough to form an opinion one way or the other.
  I was just in the MA for around an hour. I saw somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 complaints such as I listed above. This morning I played for about 3 hours and probably saw in the neighborhood of 60 to 70 of above complaints.
  When you go to work for HTC let me know. That is who this is intended for. Maybe HT needs his oil changed or something where you could be of assistance.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 09:10:10 PM »
Just responding with my thots to your thread Jackal--I think Oz is a great map and you are exagerating the problems--no need ta get nasty.
As to being known for anything--doubt it

Yu still wrong tho

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 09:29:09 PM »
Like I said, you haven`t played it enough since update to know one way or the other. Not exagerating one bit. The map is fine, it just needs to be overhauled in a big way.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 03:30:53 AM »
As much as I hate to agree with Jackal this map is buggy.
  Loads of invisible trees and bad FR top my list. In other maps I can have detail levels set to about 3/4 on all and in high res, but this map makes me go down to half on the detail settings just to get a FR of 25. This is the FR I used to get on AH1 with my 16 meg vid card. Usually on other maps my FR hangs out at 40 to 60 and never below 30.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 05:40:22 AM »
yea fr are down worps are up i ramed 2 planes did not think i was that close 1 min i am 300 out start to shoot thin boom i hit the guy last time i cheecked my fm2 was slower thin a 38

Offline scott123

• Copper Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 07:41:20 AM »
I have been booted twice on this map!Is the map causing the disco?

I like this map,but if it is the cause of disco's,then it does need to be looked at..;)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 10:50:35 AM »
My whole squad that was on last night( fighting on center island) complained of very poor fps. Most of us were in the teens.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 11:49:13 AM »
Oz map is great as for the layout /design but it causes the most video problems of any other map.

mini warps, stutters, diasappearing planes............it always has been like this on the Oz map, I recalll when Fester took out some of the CV's to try and reduce some problems ( was that in AH 1) anyhow like the map but it affects game play when you get these problems...especially flying around 40 fps and all of a sudden you drop to high teens /low 20s, yet this does not happen on the other maps.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Please fix Totoland
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 01:40:06 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Oz map is great as for the layout /design but it causes the most video problems of any other map.

mini warps, stutters, diasappearing planes............it always has been like this on the Oz map, I recalll when Fester took out some of the CV's to try and reduce some problems ( was that in AH 1) anyhow like the map but it affects game play when you get these problems...especially flying around 40 fps and all of a sudden you drop to high teens /low 20s, yet this does not happen on the other maps.

Exactly. The map is super unstable in many different aspects.