Author Topic: I never knew Micheal Jordan had a brother...  (Read 724 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
I never knew Micheal Jordan had a brother...
« on: November 29, 2004, 01:56:49 PM »

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 03:02:07 PM »
You could learn something there.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 03:18:45 PM »
Ahh yes Maniac, another one of you left wing types gives us the tired old implied: "How can you support the war withoput joining the army" rountine..

Utter BS.  

Tell me exactly what great act of moral justification must you do to support your position against the war?  Or is being against it simply a matter of *****ing and whining against the evil USA?

Tell you what, I will be signing up at the Marines recruiter office here in town within 5 minutes of seeing one of you anti Iraq war types from this BBS joining the insurgency and lopping off heads on video...

Any takers?

Becuase your political stance wrt to the war must be backed by bold personal action? Thats the idea, correct? Support the war, join the army. Oppose the war, join the terrorists! Right? Or does opposition to the war get off without a moral action test?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 03:20:21 PM »
Ahh yes Maniac, another one of you left wing types gives us the tired old implied: "How can you support the war withoput joining the army" rountine..

Utter BS.

Tell me exactly what great act of moral justification must you do to support your position against the war? Or is being against it simply a matter of *****ing and whining against the evil USA?

Tell you what, I will be signing up at the Marines recruiter office here in town within 5 minutes of seeing one of you anti Iraq war types from this BBS joining the insurgency and lopping off heads on video...

Any takers?

Becuase your political stance wrt to the war must be backed by bold personal action? Thats the idea, correct? Support the war, join the army. Oppose the war, join the terrorists! Right? Or does opposition to the war get off without a moral action test?

LoL!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 03:23:37 PM by Maniac »
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 03:22:32 PM »
Maniac 1, Grun 0

Nice meltdown, I give it a 7!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 04:27:45 PM »
Damn Maniac have ya pissed him off before or something?  He got a lot out of the very little you said.

68Parker

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 04:28:47 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
You could learn something there.

he did, that was implied by the title.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 01:32:22 AM »
I gather by the response that Jordans brother is not a great bloated chicken **** war monger?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 02:54:12 AM »
Gotta love it Pongo!

Tell me which other political views should I hold about US policy because I like american hamburgers?

SOB is another big boy here and I gather he doesnt support the iraq war policy, I guess that means he isOK by you politically?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 02:56:42 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 04:48:08 AM »
GRUN, step off your soapbox, Join the USMC, and go to Iraq. I bet you will be waaaaay less vocal.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 05:14:37 AM »
He'll probably tell you that he can't enlist because he needs a reinforced titanium soapbox....
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 05:22:19 AM »
I made my decision not to join the military after I dropped out of high school several years ago. I had some serious choices to make at the point about getting my life in order and I decided to get back to school and follow the example of my father, who made his life and our familiys life by getting a good education which allowed him a good life in the USA. I am satisfied and proud with my decision,  I have worked hard in school, given up other opportunites to study and do well in my education. You will not shame me about it, whaterver my political views are today, not even close.

As for my "soapbox" I started this thread to a guy who is commited to his life decision and is loyaly his comrades and his job, I respect that. I also thought it was intresting because he is MJ's brother.

The only person who dragged in a soapobox was Maniac with his comment about me learning something from his example, which was an obvious refernce to what I talked about in my response.

Pongo then jumped in with his version of it and of course continuing his insults about my weight. I guess that makes him feel better to insult me or something. I'm not sure why, maybe just a joke I suppose. I made that joke about me once and now Pongo seems obessed with it. Yea, it is a cheapo and convenient insult , but its exactly that cheap, convenient, but utterly meaningless..

Its all self serving of course, your view that only people in the military or apparently thin physically fit people can support the Iraq war or apparently even have opions about it other than opposition... None of you ever brought up the issue of being in the army when I supported the Kosovo war or the Afghanistan war, probably because you too supported those wars. You oppose the Iraq war, so its a nice way to try to shame those  who support it, but its not a true moral view for you. Its just a cheap way to argue. Most American people arent in the army now or ever were, so of course it nicely fits with your opposition view - nobody cxan support the war.  Nice. Of course there is no great moral action required to oppose Iraq the war. Nice and conveniant, for you guys, isnt it?

So if you guys impose the requirement of joing the army if you support the Iraq war policy, I only ask that you join the terrorists if you oppose it.

Its only fair that I mathch your convenient moral requests?  No?

All I wanted to do was a brave guy, certainly one who chose a riskier path in life than I and most of us, but Maniac had to turn it into an attack on me because we disagree politically and bicker on these boards like old women. I of course bit on it, which was dumb...

Still I am glad to provide you with an opportunity to insult me aboiut my weight, I suppose it privides some satisfaction to you guys...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 05:39:24 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Ouaibe

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 05:46:21 AM »
I don't share the view of Grunherzt and he know it. But, by god sake, you can't say that his view have no sense if he isn't enlist for the Irak war!

It is as stupid as saying that they were wmd in Iraq :D

This bbs is full of wanabe's, me the first...

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 06:44:02 AM »
Grunhertz; our very own Cartman.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 07:08:09 AM »
???
Who mentioned your weight? I'm sorry I missed that part.

All I'm saying is that you are very vocal about such matters, and that you would probably change if you were under fire.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.